Lesley Riddoch

haggis pakora

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...what a horrible woman and what horrible party she supports.

She is like Johan Lamont,thats how bad she is....Johan Lamont is better than her.

But at least she is Oxford educated...eh...

HP probably not Oxford educated.

Definitely a Cambridge man I reckon.

Great news that the SNP are going to explore backing outside candidates for the general election. Riddoch's name is surely near the top of the list, she'd make a great MP and the country would benefit from her heightened profile. Only practical problem is how do they go about making sure the SNPs electoral support goes out to vote for a candidate who isn't standing under the party banner.

Great news that the SNP are going to explore backing outside candidates for the general election. Riddoch's name is surely near the top of the list, she'd make a great MP and the country would benefit from her heightened profile. Only practical problem is how do they go about making sure the SNPs electoral support goes out to vote for a candidate who isn't standing under the party banner.

I thought the point was that they'd allow them to run under the party banner even if they're not a member ?

For the tiny amount it costs to become a member of political party, surely being a member is not to much to ask for, is it, as for Riddoch she would be a terrible MP, but she would love the attention it brought her

I thought the point was that they'd allow them to run under the party banner even if they're not a member ?

How does that work though - presumably you'd be standing for the SNP and arguing for their policies, but just haven't coughed up the £3-a-month membership?

How does that work though - presumably you'd be standing for the SNP and arguing for their policies, but just haven't coughed up the £3-a-month membership?

I don't know. I was just putting it out there, hoping someone could clear it up.

I'm aware of la Riddoch's preference.

Apparently she had quite an appetite for the opposite gender when at Uni.

Though why this matters is beyond me.

She's intelligent and articulate. She'd be an asset for any party though maybe more so as a vocal supporter of the cause while being unaligned to any party.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of an aspiring Scottish establishment. Can you see them already? Editor of The Scotswoman about 20 years ago, if anyone recalls that. Her lunchtime show on Radio Scotland was very good, except the days when Fatty Foulkes would be on, bigging up the invasion of Iraq and telling huge porkies about weapons inspectors.

Lesley will be the head of a Scottish broadcasting corporation.

I don't know. I was just putting it out there, hoping someone could clear it up.

think the SNP have said they could support candidates standing in some seats that were not SNP members, and not even standing for the SNP, as long as they were supporting Indpendence, They talked about an Independence alliance so, for example, if she wanted to stand in a seat the SNP could stand aside so that she could be elected. No idea how practical this would be though

Archived