Saturday Scottish Cup 14/15

Crazy Feet

The Scottish cup is a mine field for : big named clubs : , ,its your luck of the draw and your ability AT THE TIME to beat who you meet as you have seen in the past its NOT allways the BEST team that wins it .When :Big Named Clubs :go out to an unknown team I would bet if they played them 9 out of 10 again it would be only one result .Harestanes have a good side this season but I saw them played of the park against Drumchapel Amateurs this year and The Drum got knocked out by Nia Roo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Scottish cup is a mine field for : big named clubs : , ,its your luck of the draw and your ability AT THE TIME to beat who you meet as you have seen in the past its NOT allways the BEST team that wins it .When :Big Named Clubs :go out to an unknown team I would bet if they played them 9 out of 10 again it would be only one result .Harestanes have a good side this season but I saw them played of the park against Drumchapel Amateurs this year and The Drum got knocked out by Nia Roo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which might not be the 'fluke' that it at first appears to be.Nia Roo is a 'new' team currently playing in Div 4 of the GGPL where they have won 6 and drawn 2 of their first 8 games,scoring 54 and conceding 8 goals in the process.

I'm told the team is sponsored by the Nitshill pub of the same name,and that they have some quality players in their ranks.

As far as I'm aware no one is 'funding' blantyre, the committee have worked hard n got a few sponsors plus we hold 2 sportsmans a year wich helps the club run. I wouldn't read too much into the hares blantyre game either as the result doesn't reflect the story of the match plus we had a few missing and a goalie helping us out who was maybe at fault for 3 or 4 of the goals. But in my opinion harestanes will be there or thereabouts in the majors wether that be the west or the scottish cos they've got a really good side this year but as everyone else says u need to ride ur luck when it comes to the scottish to get a good run at it, injuries n suspensions can be a killer as the season goes on as well

• 2 weeks later...

We played a weakened Blantyre Tic side through xmas break so wont read much into that. But did find out few things making me believe the Haughey rumour with them. Wee striker Carr works with him I heard but main thing was he is close pals with member of committee Btyre Tic the skippers dad. Interesting indeed

We played a weakened Blantyre Tic side through xmas break so wont read much into that. But did find out few things making me believe the Haughey rumour with them. Wee striker Carr works with him I heard but main thing was he is close pals with member of committee Btyre Tic the skippers dad. Interesting indeed

Perhaps interesting but lacking truth :lol: Not getting at you in the slightest EK Wiz, it's something i've had people swear blind to me that it's 100% true before finding out im with the club.

To clear up these rumours that WH is involved - he isn't in any capacity. Nor is he close pals with anyone involved with the club, committee or player alike. I appreciate these things are often repeated as hearsay and meaningless but it does sadden you when you're a hard working committee and a millionaire is getting all the credit for us running around like blue-bummed flies most of the time :lol:

That being said, if WH is reading and wants to build the Blantyre Superdome, arrange a sponsorship deal with Nike and a fleet of executive cars - we'll no say naw! :thumsup2

Apologies Boab, wasn't meaning any malice towards your club, just got chatting to one of your bhoys and was filling me in, he may have been extracting the urine though to say the least who knows, Im just jealous with all these names being mentioned with regards to helping you guys out

I know first hand how hard it is to keep a club going never mind trying to compete at top level, so I can appreciate your frustration at these rumours but just indicates you must be doing something right on and off the park

I genuinely believe no one is funding you anyways from what I seen on the park would be a very silly individual to fund those players, just my opinion

Aw the best

rumours of West of Scotland clubs paying amateur players has been rife for years.

it's embarrassing!!!!

or blatant cheating as i like to call it.

play fair, or go an play Juniors where it's ok to pay players!!

Surprised there's no mention of Hurlford's exit yesterday at the hands of Greenock HSFP! Totally outclassed from start to finished. Excellent performance from Greenock midfield who ran the show! Could easily of been double figures! Greenock defo ones to watch!

Greenock's midfield ran over the top of hurlford on Saturday, it could and probably should have 5 or 6 at HT. Hurlford goalie had a poor day and was very lucky not to see red for the tackle on Greenock's wee striker. I'm sure Greenock won't be happy at the goals they lost either as it was easy street for them.

Archived