Abstract thoughts.

SANTAN

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thought of people looking back on us in 100 years time in a similar way we look at say the peopl from Victorian Britain has always fascinated me.wonder what they will find stranges, funny abdout our current lifestyle

I don't know if it'll be 100 years from now, but there's plenty of aspects of even the most advanced societies that are on the way to being laughed at as backwards nonsense, albeit painfully slowly.

Living your life by the rules of an imaginary fairy in the sky, killing people over it, social class constructs, hating people for things they can do nothing about like their race, sexuality, gender, nationality etc, worshipping monarchies who exist purely to give us the opportunity to have a sense of servitude, the popularity of Ed Sheeran, I could go on.

We think of ourselves as extremely advanced because of the way past societies were (and in may ways we are), but the evolution process is far from finished IMO.

Except we do know that the solar system hasn't always existed and that it won't last for ever either. :P

I won't argue with you on science, but that's not really the point. Even if people think they know how the solar system started, there can always be the question, "what came before that"? An explosion of gasses caused the big bang which started the solar system? Where did those gasses come from? You can never get to the point where literally nothing exists and you're able to understand that, or the idea that literally nothing existed going back to an infinite amount of time before everything eventually started happening.

What if whenever the solar system ends there's nothing but floating gasses, and then they explode to start the big bang, where everything happens in exactly the same way again? Then again, and again, and again times infinity. What if hundreds of billions of years from now I'm on this website typing this out again?

suso2.gifsuso2.gifsuso2.gif

I don't know if it'll be 100 years from now, but there's plenty of aspects of even the most advanced societies that are on the way to being laughed at as backwards nonsense, albeit painfully slowly.

Living your life by the rules of an imaginary fairy in the sky, killing people over it, social class constructs, hating people for things they can do nothing about like their race, sexuality, gender, nationality etc, worshipping monarchies who exist purely to give us the opportunity to have a sense of servitude, the popularity of Ed Sheeran, I could go on.

We think of ourselves as extremely advanced because of the way past societies were (and in may ways we are), but the evolution process is far from finished IMO.

I won't argue with you on science, but that's not really the point. Even if people think they know how the solar system started, there can always be the question, "what came before that"? An explosion of gasses caused the big bang which started the solar system? Where did those gasses come from? You can never get to the point where literally nothing exists and you're able to understand that, or the idea that literally nothing existed going back to an infinite amount of time before everything eventually started happening.

What if whenever the solar system ends there's nothing but floating gasses, and then they explode to start the big bang, where everything happens in exactly the same way again? Then again, and again, and again times infinity. What if hundreds of billions of years from now I'm on this website typing this out again?

you should bookmark this post so that on your return in a few billion years time, you can post a wee greggy wallae gif and say told you so . pleasing.

This is more of an abstract question: If me and my wife decided to spend our life swimming about in the sea and brought up our kids and grandkids and so on to do the same, would my descendants generations down the line eventually evolve to have webbed feet or fins and shit?

you should bookmark this post so that on your return in a few billion years time, you can post a wee greggy wallae gif and say told you so . pleasing.

Aye but I won't know I've done it already if history just repeats itself. This could be 400th time I've typed that post (and this one).

Oh shit, wait a minute. If time just goes out one end and comes in the other like Pacman, when did it first happen, and what was before that?

suso2.gif

This is more of an abstract question: If me and my wife decided to spend our life swimming about in the sea and brought up our kids and grandkids and so on to do the same, would my descendants generations down the line eventually evolve to have webbed feet or fins and shit?

I am sure scientists have said that the next two or 3 genrations will have more devloped/stronger fingers and espicially thumbs or some shit due to the last hundred years of typewriters leading on to computers and now phones. could be pish though.

Aye but I won't know I've done it already if history just repeats itself. This could be 400th time I've typed that post (and this one).

Oh shit, wait a minute. If time just goes out one end and comes in the other like Pacman, when did it first happen, and what was before that?

suso2.gif

my brain hurts :(

No probs m8.

The first one was not bad though. Try to keep to that sort of level in future. Thank you.

Nah not even, questioning hypocrisies in religion is a bit shit still :lol:

Some c**t answer my fragrance one!

Did you see my post on evolution on the thread? Thoughts bragh?

I have absolutely no idea. I would've mentioned that but I thought I already told you that 400 billion years ago.

Only if you allowed the weakest swimmers to drown.

P.S. Someone else may have already said this, but I'm wary of having an epileptic fit if I read the last few posts.

:lol:

Yes I think so.

I am sure scientists have said that the next two or 3 genrations will have more devloped/stronger fingers and espicially thumbs or some shit due to the last hundred years of typewriters leading on to computers and now phones. could be pish though.

I read a theory that in the future we will split into two subspecies, basically the tall educated abstract thinker types and the Enrico's and Supras of the world. One group will have beady eyes due to staring at screens and may even live underground which is actually scarily believable if you consider how introvert society is heading. If you've ever seen an old film called "the time machine" then picture the morlocks and that's what's being suggested. f**k the smart phone mouthbreathers!

Here's an interesting thought. For the vast, vast majority of us, there'll come a time (very soon in the grand context of time) where literally not one person on earth is even remotely aware that we existed. Therefore every thought, worry, dream, ambition and opinion we ever have is essentially completely pointless in the grand scheme of things, as is everything we actually do in our lifetimes.

The possible exception is carrying on the process by having children, but they're almost certain to be forgotten not long after us anyway.

Have a great night folks.

Its not meant to be religious, god was just an example I used. Its about if something can do anything can they do that.

But I'm sure you knew that anyway.....twat

You should just leave the thread now and not come back to be honest. The bibles not real btw.

The possible exception is carrying on the process by having children, but they're almost certain to be forgotten not long after us anyway.

And any genetic distinctiveness you pass on will be unrecognisable after a handful of generations.

Archived