Perth - City of Ragers.

Ludo*1

Hardly breaking the bank though, is it?

Too many people in Perth are stuck in a time-warp, it's depressing.

Its more about priorities.

Closes respite units. Barely adequate home care for the elderly. Poor harm reduction provision.

But happy to splash out on this when the benefits might well be questionable.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this goes to show how inept P&K Council are? In an attempt to boost the economy, they decide to use a really shit "celebrity." Useless c***s.

I like Perth because it's my home and it will always hold a place close to my heart. But in reality, Perth really is a shite, shite city. It's a terrible excuse for a city. The town is boring and is full of betting/charity shops. It's full of old dinosaur b*****ds. There is no vibrant atmosphere.

20 minutes down the road you have Dundee which is superior in every department. Dundee is getting better and better and is going to be a top top place in the next 10 years. Its shadow is looming over Perth.

I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. It is boring for people of a certain age bracket, no doubt about it. However, there are many excellent aspects to the city which other demographics would appreciate more. To say Dundee is superior in every department is laughable, unless you think poverty, teenage pregnancy et al are something to be proud of.

The city does need to do more to attract young people to it, and to retain its current youth. Having a university would have helped greatly in that regard but it wasn't to be.

I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. It is boring for people of a certain age bracket, no doubt about it. However, there are many excellent aspects to the city which other demographics would appreciate more. To say Dundee is superior in every department is laughable, unless you think poverty, teenage pregnancy et al are something to be proud of.

I'm not talking demographics here. I'm saying Dundee is far better because it's got more vibrancy about it. It has a lot more going for it than Perth does that's for sure.

I was dragged along to it last year and it was absolutely heaving.

Do they spend any money on local businesses or do they just go home after the show? I'm guessing the latter.

How far do you think 10k would go towards that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of a Peter Andre but I can see why they've gone for another celeb given the sheer number of people it attracted last year. There's lots of other things going on as well as turning on the lights.

I'm more suggesting that the council should perhaps focus less on frivolous "attractions" when it struggles in other areas.

I'm not talking demographics here. I'm saying Dundee is far better because it's got more vibrancy about it. It has a lot more going for it than Perth does that's for sure.

That probably has something to do with it being 3 times the size...

Perth's not much different from any other smallish town in Scotland. Pubs are a bit shite but i can think of much worse places to live.

Which areas though? 10k split between 10 different departments isn't even going to be noticed.

I don't mean that the specific money should be divided up. In general over the last year the council will have spent a lot on events such as the one Gareth Gates starred at while the recent Mental Health Wellbeing week was a shambles.

That probably has something to do with it being 3 times the size...

Perth's not much different from any other smallish town in Scotland. Pubs are a bit shite but i can think of much worse places to live.

You're right there.

I've been a bit harsh on our wee town. Sure it's not the greatest place. My main complaint is that you can't get food after the clubs shut. That's a proper disgrace. other than that...I can't really complain. It's alright here.

Wait a second...

sudden_realization_christopher_lloyd.gif

I'm an actual Perth Rager.

You're right there.

I've been a bit harsh on our wee town. Sure it's not the greatest place. My main complaint is that you can't get food after the clubs shut. That's a proper disgrace. other than that...I can't really complain. It's alright here.

Wait a second...

sudden_realization_christopher_lloyd.gif

I'm an actual Perth Rager.

What would you rather have - kebab from Sizzlers my friend, or a lukewarm sausage roll or pie from the fridge of Simon. I know what I prefer.

Broxden McDonald's in now 24 hours. Hopefully if all goes fine there then they may let a few places in the town open longer.

It's just a shame that's about a 45 minute walk from town.

Is there an Iceland in Perth and why can't you get food after a club shuts?!

Yes there is. Iceland's for jakies though.

Council rules. Probably something to do with noise or trouble. Who knows.

What would you rather have - kebab from Sizzlers my friend, or a lukewarm sausage roll or pie from the fridge of Simon. I know what I prefer.

:lol:

I've recently been enlightened of the next best thing - BP Garage. They sell 2 pound hot dogs. Worth the longer walk. You get to feast on hot dogs and avoid Simon, which is great.

Surely this goes to show how inept P&K Council are? In an attempt to boost the economy, they decide to use a really shit "celebrity." Useless c***s.

I like Perth because it's my home and it will always hold a place close to my heart. But in reality, Perth really is a shite, shite city. It's a terrible excuse for a city. The town is boring and is full of betting/charity shops. It's full of old dinosaur b*****ds. There is no vibrant atmosphere.

20 minutes down the road you have Dundee which is superior in every department. Dundee is getting better and better and is going to be a top top place in the next 10 years. Its shadow is looming over Perth.

Very true. Perth is full of Tory c***s whereas Dundee is #dece and #YesCity.

I've recently been enlightened of the next best thing - BP Garage. They sell 2 pound hot dogs. Worth the longer walk. You get to feast on hot dogs and avoid Simon, which is great.

How you just noticed BP? Its been the best post-Loft food place for years now. I used to sacrifice a taxi fare for a sausage roll even though i had to walk a couple of miles

Simon's a dick and so is his ugly little bulldog. Together, they made my paper-rounds absolute hell.

Wait? Do the eateries in Crieff open later than in Perth?

I can see why the council have gone down this route again, everyone on my facebook seems to be talking about it and their plans for heading through to Perth.

Doubt it. I *think* they're open until about half 12 or 1. When are they open till in Crieff? Crieff doesn't even have a club, does it?

Archived