SNP Conference 2014

ForzaDundee

Seen Sturgeon being pressed about Indy2 on BBC this morning. She never ruled it out and said she won't write the 2016 manifesto right now.

Said pro-indy parties must get legislation through Scots parly to have another independence referendum.

Quite heartening listening to her :thumsup2

Right so she is intending in leading a nationalist party (the clue is in the title) that doesn't even know if it will actively pursue nationalism.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Seriously, how utterly ruined are you going to be when the 2016 manifesto does not include a referendum?

Are you a little bit embarrassed that even the other Yes clowns have sidled away from you sharpish over this nonsense, and only you appear to be holding this torch, wondering where everyone else has gone?

Can't understand why you're so rattled to the point of dishing out personal insults when you are on the side that won the vote and have stated you can't lose? :blink:

I'm not embarrassed about anything, all I'm doing is giving my opinion that I believe there will be another referendum in the next Scottish parly term.

Other pro-independence posters disagree, others not so confident that it will take place within a 5 year period. That's fine I accept their views and opinions.

And recent polling seems to be on my side of thinking as 58% want another indyref within the next 5 years, well over 60% want another one within the next 10 years.

Right so she is intending in leading a nationalist party (the clue is in the title) that doesn't even know if it will actively pursue nationalism.

Eh? Of course she is going to pursue independence. It's time-scales that need to be decided that's all. And given she hasn't actually taken over as leader yet she maybe jumping the gun in telling the party what she intends to do right now.

Can't understand why you're so rattled to the point of dishing out personal insults when you are on the side that won the vote and have stated you can't lose? :blink:

Which personal insult is this?

Full result:

1st round:

Keith Brown - 34.2%

Angela Constance - 23.5%

Stewart Hosie - 42.2%

2nd round:

Keith Brown - 44.5%

Stewart Hosie - 55.5%

That's almost poetic.

I'd have been one of the #45 all over again.

That's almost poetic.

I'd have been one of the #45 all over again.

Bad news really.

I mean it will be funny, but as a likely SNP voter in the wee election, this is discouraging.

Eh? Of course she is going to pursue independence. It's time-scales that need to be decided that's all. And given she hasn't actually taken over as leader yet she maybe jumping the gun in telling the party what she intends to do right now.

You yourself quoted Sturgeon as being undecided as to the SNP pushing for Indy 2 at the next election - hence my point. And in terms of your final point you agree she has yet to tell the nationalist party if it will actively pursue nationalism - which I would have thought might have been at least something she has given some thought and made a decision.

I see she has been quick enough to see the lack of quality in its new membership by opening the door to non members to run on the party's behalf!

Archived