SNP Conference 2014

ForzaDundee

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She, along with the rest of No voters, won the referendum. Then she quit for reasons we already know.

That is humiliation.

Right.

So why did Salmond resign? Would he have resigned had he not suffered a humiliating defeat?

When did he suffer a defeat ? I don't think he's ever been defeated in politics.

:unsure:

Well, yes. Unless you count the elections he's lost and the referendum he was beasted in.

:unsure:

Well, yes. Unless you count the elections he's lost and the referendum he was beasted in.

What elections has he lost ?

There wasn't a referendum on Alex Salmond. Unlucky

Unless you're seriously implying that any politician who supported yes is a failure ? :lol:

Right.

So why did Salmond resign? Would he have resigned had he not suffered a humiliating defeat?

He resigned because he'd taken the Party as far as he could. Defeat in the referendum confirmed this.

For whatever reason, there are a section of voters out there who would just never take to Salmond.

He's been SNP Leader 20 years out of the last 24 - a superb shift.

I am sad to see him go but it was probably the right call.

Right.

He resigned because he probably felt that he had taken us as far as he could. The time was right for someone else to step up.

Would he have resigned had he not suffered defeat? Probably not.

You love to say "humiliating defeat." You couldn't be more wrong H_B. I don't think many people see his defeat as "humiliating." It's just a defeat. There's definitely lots of positives to be taken.

In the world of HB, the most successful SNP politician ever isn't a success anymore :lol:

:lol:

He resigned because he'd taken the Party as far as he could. Defeat in the referendum confirmed this.

Well yes.

He lost - and lost very heavily. It was a personal disaster for him and he had to go.

Glorious to see the hapless Hosie win. Not only does it undermine Fat Gus's position as SNP leader at WM, but it's guaranteed to hurt their chances of picking up MPs.

Happy days for the Scottish Labour Party.

I'll crack the jokes.

He lost - and lost very heavily. It was a personal disaster for him and he had to go.

He resigned because he lost the referendum. Badly.

Since when did a 5% difference become a "bad" and "heavy" loss? I think you're absolutely deluded and blinded by hatred.

Since when did a 5% difference become a "bad" and "heavy" loss? I think you're absolutely deluded and blinded by hatred.

A two horse race

"ONLY" 400 thousand votes in it.

Only four areas voting yes.

It was a total pumping by anyones standards.

Excusing the hyperbole, it was a comfortable win for "no" but certainly not a result to settle the matter for any more than 10-15 years.

Serious question. If the secessionists had won by the same margin or less how much time should lapse before a referendum on rejoining the union?

Serious question. If the secessionists had won by the same margin or less how much time should lapse before a referendum on rejoining the union?

I don't think you will find a single country that has become independent only to later regret it.

Scotland has existed for far longer than the union has.

Archived