Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy traffic on the City Bypass through to Livingston.

Aye I was heading the other way. If you're heading that way, just don't bother. You'll be stuck there for hours if imagine. Although I don't know why, the accident is now in the lay by.

Aye I was heading the other way. If you're heading that way, just don't bother. You'll be stuck there for hours if imagine. Although I don't know why, the accident is now in the lay by.

We're heading down past Peniculk then onto Lanark.

We're heading down past Peniculk then onto Lanark.

Should be ok then. Mind you it takes just over an hour that way and I'd imagine anyone from Edinburgh will just be finishing work. So it might be clearing by the time folk set off.

I'm feeling confident about tonight's game, :) England are not exactly in a hard group to qualify from and explains why they have won their four fixtures. They are certain to come up against a rejuvenated Scottish squad hell bent on pumping the English for national pride or will sink like a huge brick in the water but hopefully they go down fighting.

England were pish in Brazil and in my opinion ARE there for the taking as long as the squad are fired up and willing to close the English down every time they get possession. Not too worried about their so called upcoming young talent either as they appear to shit it on the big arena.

It's either a famous upset or a pumping and I'm going for the humiliating pumping from the Scots after Fridays game. :)

Strachan is in my opinion the best tactical manager Scotland has seen in many a year and should field a squad capable of maintaining the English.

Should be ok then. Mind you it takes just over an hour that way and I'd imagine anyone from Edinburgh will just be finishing work. So it might be clearing by the time folk set off.

About 20mins or so from Lanark now.

Their midfield is interesting. Diamond with Downing at the top? Seems like he and Rooney would be playing in the same area.

Suspected they'd put Milner against Anya and Robertson. Can't blame them, a wise move. It's not quite their strongest line-up but nor will ours be. Beatable but it'd be easy to overlook just how good players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere and Welbeck actually are as they're not top drawer EPL players.

Still interested to see our line-up. Really we go with Naismith up front and not Martin. Pace is what this Scotland side does well, and pace is not something their central defenders or an outnumbered Jack Wilshere in defensive midifield will welcome.

#eng team: Forster; Clyne, Smalling, Cahill, Shaw; Wilshere; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner; Downing; Rooney, Welbeck.

Milner, Downing, Smalling and Shaw?

Good lord, what a pile of abject dross. The latter three shouldn't get in the Scotland team.

Disappointed they've sent Hart home, he's a dreadful keeper that would have given us an easy goal.

Their midfield is interesting. Diamond with Downing at the top? Seems like he and Rooney would be playing in the same area.

Suspected they'd put Milner against Anya and Robertson. Can't blame them, a wise move. It's not quite their strongest line-up but nor will ours be. Beatable but it'd be easy to overlook just how good players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere and Welbeck actually are as they're not top drawer EPL players.

Still interested to see our line-up. Really we go with Naismith up front and not Martin. Pace is what this Scotland side does well, and pace is not something their central defenders or an outnumbered Jack Wilshere in defensive midifield will welcome.

Think it will be the Ox at the spear of the diamond with Downing on the left and Milner on the right. If Mulgrew and Brown perform the way they did the other night I can see us winning.

It'll be Downing at the tip of the diamond, as he's been playing there for West Ham. Wilshere at the base, with Milner and Ox covering the sides.

It'll be interesting to see how many changes Strachan makes. That England team certainly is beatable.

Agree with a few others, Naismith up front over Martin. Morrison into the midfield with Brown and D. Fletcher.

I'm looking forward to the game, but the level of excitement is nowhere near what it was in the lead up to the Ireland game.

Gordon (GK)

Whittaker (RB)

Martin (CB)

Hanley (CB)

Robertson (LB)

Morrison (RM)

Macleod (CM)

Maloney (CM)

Burke (LM)

Russell (ST)

May (ST)

Please Scotland, a win tonight would be quite marvelous. I'd like to see a few of the fringe players getting a run out tonight, although with the team above, I'd still feel confident of victory.

2-1 Scotland. Lewis Macleod 40 yard overhead kick, Whittaker mazey run from halfway to slot it past Joe Fart.

Archived