Nicola Sturgeon at The Hydro

ForzaDundee

I said - before the referendum - that it was a complete waste of time debating with the Unionists on here. My reasoning being, that they were quite clearly of the type not to change, or be reasoned with. I have been proved right. We don't need them and hopefully, when we do regain our Independence, they'll f**k off to their chosen motherland, where they can bow and scrape to their imperial masters. Scabs one and all :guns:barf

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said - before the referendum - that it was a complete waste of time debating with the Unionists on here. My reasoning being, that they were quite clearly of the type not to change, or be reasoned with. I have been proved right. We don't need them and hopefully, when we do regain our Independence, they'll f**k off to their chosen motherland, where they can bow and scrape to their imperial masters. Scabs one and all :guns:barf

Yoinks, can feel the "seethe" through my screen, NewsNetScotland for this paranoid garbage

She spoke for an hour over how the referendum was for her personally and talked of her plans as new first minister and for the party. She then did an hour Q+A with the audience. I wasn't really looking forward to it before I went but after I'd been it was a lot better than I thought it would've been really really enjoyed it.

Right at the front too, she's much better looking in person! ;):lol:

Thank you.

I've had the Clarkson p***k on ignore for weeks, I thoroughly recommend it.

For those not inclined to follow this recommendation at least stop quoting him. Thanks.

Supras

I've had the Clarkson p***k on ignore for weeks, I thoroughly recommend it.

For those not inclined to follow this recommendation at least stop quoting him. Thanks.

TBF he's no bigger a walloper than the rest of the scum.

but that will be nothing compared to them running the show in 2015.

Can you define "running the show for me please"?

Is it getting more votes than the BNP this time out?

Can you define "running the show for me please"?

Is it getting more votes than the BNP this time out?

Getting more votes/seats in Scotland than anyone else.

Considering the SNP have an approximately 0% chance of winning the Westminster Election, getting more votes/seats than Labour would send out a pretty massive message that a huge amount of Scots don't care one bit about the Westminster circus, and it would also point to Labour being totally fucked up here.

In short, bossing it.

Getting more votes/seats in Scotland than anyone else.

Considering the SNP have an approximately 0% chance of winning the Westminster Election, getting more votes/seats than Labour would send out a pretty massive message that a huge amount of Scots don't care one bit about the Westminster circus, and it would also point to Labour being totally fucked up here.

In short, bossing it.

Right.

And what actual effect will having 20-odd MPs mean in a Parliament of 600 odd?

Right.

And what actual effect will having 20-odd MPs mean in a Parliament of 600 odd?

In terms of direct political decisions that would happen in Westminster as a result of it, almost none. However, Labour having one of their key areas obliterated by a party that can't win the Westminster Election would be a serious blow to the status quo and would send out a big message that The SNP (and by proxy the Independence movement) is going forwards not backwards after the referendum.

If the SNP can get 25+ seats and make themselves the third biggest party in Britain, the seethe will be very strong. Believe me on that.

What difference do Scotland's choice of MP generally make in a Parliament of 600 odd? The Tories having to go to the inconveniance of recruiting a lapdog Lib Dem coalition partner is in the only difference it's made in living memory.

The biggest threat to Britain having any decent standard of democracy is the so called alternative to the Tories being no alternative at all. At the very worst, Scotland telling Labour it can't take the place for granted like it has for decades should* send out a message that the wishy washy left-wing when we're in Scotland, centre-right when we're in London nonsense doesn't fly. Best case scenario, this happens plus SNP votes need to be courted in such a way that Scotland actually has some power in Westminster.

*I say should because Labour are so incompetently blinkered that they don't seem to realise it yet.

Imagine actually voting for Labour these days? Even though I was strongly for independence I could sort of grasp why people were voting no even if I completely disagreed with them, but how the f**k could you possibly think voting Labour is a good idea? Apart from "ah pyure hate the SNP so ahm voting Labour to keep them out" I can't think of one reason.

Quite a big difference in the current Parliament.

Can you tell me one policy decision that would be different and have an affect on our daily lives if nobody in Scotland had voted in the last election?

Archived