Kilmarnock in the cup

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelled up for the game today and enjoyed it. Thanks to those who replied. Picked up a ticket easily enough from the portacabin near the away end and went into the Govan stand. Moved round to the Copland in the 2nd half. Not a classic game but a couple of very good goals for Rangers and the best team won. Killie were very poor.

Highlight though for me was buying a programme and finding a three page article dedicated to Bobby Russell.

Bobby married my cousin during his Rangers career and although I am not close to that side of my family up in Glasgow, I have met him at a family event and he seemed like a nice bloke and I had been discussing him with my elder brother at the Sunderland game yesterday when I mentioned that I was going up to Ibrox. My elder brother is nearer to Bobby in age and knows him way better than I do. Seemed a weird co-incidence that he turned up in the programme on the very day I decided to visit.

I have only been to Celtic Park once and that was back in 1992 in a league game v Motherwell when I was working in Glasgow and Bobby was playing for Motherwell that night (a fact I did not even realise at the time as I did not buy a programme on the night)!!

Seems he is stalking me, or is it the other way round?

I was very impressed with Ibrox as a stadium. We have a lot of new build and redeveloped grounds in England including my own clubs, but Ibrox was redeveloped a little earlier and has a nice feel to it. Loved the outside of the main stand in particular, but even the newer bits have been well done.

Been a canny weekend with Sunderland getting a surprise point in front of a very vocal and passionate 45,000 at the SOL yesterday. Having a curry now and trying to put off thoughts of a busy week at work to come.

are u sure it was ibrox its a shit hole

Archived