Kilmarnock in the cup

I am currently trying to get around all the Scottish grounds (just over half way) and as she who must be obeyed is on a girls weekend away and with Sunderland playing on Saturday, I quite fancy making the trip North on Sunday morning and paying my first visit to Ibrox.

A few questions?

Will I be able to pay on the door on the day and does this involve paying a premium over booking in advance? If so which stand would you recommend. As I will be driving up on the morning where is the best place to park on a Gers home matchday (happy for this to be a bit away and use a bus/train/metro etc).

Any info will be gratefully accepted.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendance will not be very high for this due to the shambles which is going on at ibrox atm mate , this will be due to a mixture of boycotts for boardroom, terrible performances of late and generally the fact early cup rounds regularly attract low crowds at ibrox . So yes you will get a ticket no bother and the club usually release a statement a day or two before the game if any stands will operate a pay at the gate once they have an idea what the rough attendance figure will be. However if you fancy going to a game where there will be more of an attendance and atmosphere as a neautral I would recommend looking into maybe going to a league game and maybe one against hearts or hibs later in the season.

Attendance will not be very high for this due to the shambles which is going on at ibrox atm mate , this will be due to a mixture of boycotts for boardroom, terrible performances of late and generally the fact early cup rounds regularly attract low crowds at ibrox . So yes you will get a ticket no bother and the club usually release a statement a day or two before the game if any stands will operate a pay at the gate once they have an idea what the rough attendance figure will be. However if you fancy going to a game where there will be more of an attendance and atmosphere as a neautral I would recommend looking into maybe going to a league game and maybe one against hearts or hibs later in the season.

A smaller crowd probably suits me mate. Not bothered about the atmosphere to be honest, just want to visit the ground for a game and this one suits my timetable, given that it does not clash with a Sunderland or a Gateshead match and the wife is out of the country. It can be difficult to get up there and often the only free weekends I get are the international breaks and that limits me due to postponements of games due to call ups.

If Sunderland had been away for e.g. I would probably be at that and we always stay over, so getting up to Scotland for a lunchtime kick off on the Sunday is next to impossible. I really need to take the opportunity when it arises rather than pick and choose my games.

I am currently trying to get around all the Scottish grounds (just over half way) and as she who must be obeyed is on a girls weekend away and with Sunderland playing on Saturday, I quite fancy making the trip North on Sunday morning and paying my first visit to Ibrox.

A few questions?

Will I be able to pay on the door on the day and does this involve paying a premium over booking in advance? If so which stand would you recommend. As I will be driving up on the morning where is the best place to park on a Gers home matchday (happy for this to be a bit away and use a bus/train/metro etc).

Any info will be gratefully accepted.

First phone the club and inquire about the purchase of tickets and how to buy one.

Get a ticket nearer the Copland Road stand as the Killie fans will be getting shit pish and stuff thrown at them.

Park the car at any of the Underground parking spaces and take the Subway.

Enjoy your journey because the Rangers fans aren't. :lol:

First phone the club and inquire about the purchase of tickets and how to buy one.

Get a ticket nearer the Copland Road stand as the Killie fans will be getting shit pish and stuff thrown at them.

Park the car at any of the Underground parking spaces and take the Subway.

Enjoy your journey because the Rangers fans aren't. :lol:

Nothing on their website as yet re pay on the gate and the only telephone number I can find rings straight off. Not making such a long trip on the off chance of getting in so, might just have a lie in and give it a miss.

They obviously don't need my money??

Nothing on their website as yet re pay on the gate and the only telephone number I can find rings straight off. Not making such a long trip on the off chance of getting in so, might just have a lie in and give it a miss.

you could buy a ticket from the ticket office outside the ground mate, one thing you are guaranteed for this is a ticket. as for pay at the gate more or less every cup game this year has opened the pay at the gate for the copland rear due to low attendance.

you could buy a ticket from the ticket office outside the ground mate, one thing you are guaranteed for this is a ticket. as for pay at the gate more or less every cup game this year has opened the pay at the gate for the copland rear due to low attendance.

send your money direct to

Charles Vert

Chateau Deux-Chemise

Chapfallen

Normandy

I am sure you are right mate, but its a long way to travel and risk not getting in.

I e-mailed the ticket office but have not got a reply yet.

Is the ticket office outside the ground open every game then?

I am sure you are right mate, but its a long way to travel and risk not getting in.

aye mate , open untill kick off . only way you are not getting in is turning up steemin drunk , which even then you just have to act sober for 30 seconds or so untill you are past the clueless security, and word of advice watching rangers these days it helps to be pished :lol: it is up to you of course mate , but I think you will easily get in , if you have a look on the webiste their is usually a stadium view where you can click on the sections and see what seats are availabe etc

Think you will find they were the ones laid off at the start of the month due to lack of demand.

aye mate , open untill kick off . only way you are not getting in is turning up steemin drunk , which even then you just have to act sober for 30 seconds or so untill you are past the clueless security, and word of advice watching rangers these days it helps to be pished :lol: it is up to you of course mate , but I think you will easily get in , if you have a look on the webiste their is usually a stadium view where you can click on the sections and see what seats are availabe etc

Cheers for the info mate.

The standard won't bother me and anyway I am a Sunderland fan so I know a lot about having to get tanked up before games :)

Starting at 10:45 tomorrow and its a 5:30 kick off but its Chelsea and could be particularly painful so plenty of anesthetic will be required. Straight home after and a good nights sleep and will be driving on Sunday so no beer at all after the game or Sunday.

Travelled up for the game today and enjoyed it. Thanks to those who replied. Picked up a ticket easily enough from the portacabin near the away end and went into the Govan stand. Moved round to the Copland in the 2nd half. Not a classic game but a couple of very good goals for Rangers and the best team won. Killie were very poor.

Highlight though for me was buying a programme and finding a three page article dedicated to Bobby Russell.

Bobby married my cousin during his Rangers career and although I am not close to that side of my family up in Glasgow, I have met him at a family event and he seemed like a nice bloke and I had been discussing him with my elder brother at the Sunderland game yesterday when I mentioned that I was going up to Ibrox. My elder brother is nearer to Bobby in age and knows him way better than I do. Seemed a weird co-incidence that he turned up in the programme on the very day I decided to visit.

I have only been to Celtic Park once and that was back in 1992 in a league game v Motherwell when I was working in Glasgow and Bobby was playing for Motherwell that night (a fact I did not even realise at the time as I did not buy a programme on the night)!!

Seems he is stalking me, or is it the other way round?

I was very impressed with Ibrox as a stadium. We have a lot of new build and redeveloped grounds in England including my own clubs, but Ibrox was redeveloped a little earlier and has a nice feel to it. Loved the outside of the main stand in particular, but even the newer bits have been well done.

Been a canny weekend with Sunderland getting a surprise point in front of a very vocal and passionate 45,000 at the SOL yesterday. Having a curry now and trying to put off thoughts of a busy week at work to come.

Probably haven't paid their phone bill!

Archived