Kilmarnock in the cup

Both if u want

Area , a bit of a soulless dump that needs a bit more renovation allthough some improvements have been made. On the whole the area is slightly better than the areas surrounding parkhead and that isn't biased as I am from an area withing throwing distance of the piggery. As for the stadium, in my opinion still arguably the best stadium in Scotland albeit could do with a lick of paint.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelled up for the game today and enjoyed it. Thanks to those who replied. Picked up a ticket easily enough from the portacabin near the away end and went into the Govan stand. Moved round to the Copland in the 2nd half. Not a classic game but a couple of very good goals for Rangers and the best team won. Killie were very poor.

Highlight though for me was buying a programme and finding a three page article dedicated to Bobby Russell.

Bobby married my cousin during his Rangers career and although I am not close to that side of my family up in Glasgow, I have met him at a family event and he seemed like a nice bloke and I had been discussing him with my elder brother at the Sunderland game yesterday when I mentioned that I was going up to Ibrox. My elder brother is nearer to Bobby in age and knows him way better than I do. Seemed a weird co-incidence that he turned up in the programme on the very day I decided to visit.

I have only been to Celtic Park once and that was back in 1992 in a league game v Motherwell when I was working in Glasgow and Bobby was playing for Motherwell that night (a fact I did not even realise at the time as I did not buy a programme on the night)!!

Seems he is stalking me, or is it the other way round?

I was very impressed with Ibrox as a stadium. We have a lot of new build and redeveloped grounds in England including my own clubs, but Ibrox was redeveloped a little earlier and has a nice feel to it. Loved the outside of the main stand in particular, but even the newer bits have been well done.

Been a canny weekend with Sunderland getting a surprise point in front of a very vocal and passionate 45,000 at the SOL yesterday. Having a curry now and trying to put off thoughts of a busy week at work to come.

A decent post, a shame that it's been ignored by most on here as it was a decent read.

garngad is to celtic what bridgeton is to rangers

although nowadays it is known as royston

Yeah I looked it up. I've been to Royston before as it happens - my aunt lived there for a bit and I remember visiting.

I'd no idea that it was ever known as Garngad though. I genuinely don't think I've ever heard that name before.

Yeah I looked it up. I've been to Royston before as it happens - my aunt lived there for a bit and I remember visiting.I'd no idea that it was ever known as Garngad though. I genuinely don't think I've ever heard that name before.

its still known as the garngad and not as one sided as it used to be

Cheers mate. Seems my thread has been hijacked.

The internet is a wonderful thing but some people just can't handle it.

My wife worked with.your cousin ... Bobby Russel , IMO, is one of the best players never to play for Scotland.

John McDonalds wife also works there.

Archived