Alloa v Sons

Doesn't seem to be a thread for this one

4-4-2 and Kane to start is a must, if we start a stupid 3-4-1-1 thing with Taggart at Left Wing Back and Gils at RWB we will lose.

Wasps1 to do a considerably better job of the announcing than the guy at Livi who couldn't even say Nish correctly.

Recreation Indodrill Park is comfortably my favourite away ground in the league so I'm looking forward to getting back after a near year long stint without Sons playing there!

Same result as last time please, or even better the time before that!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've still got the semi-final against them on Wednesday to play but to be honest this game is far more important. Hopefully we'll have players back fit by Saturday (and no more injured on Wednesday!). Hopeful of a win but a point a piece wouldn't be a travesty.

Agree with the OP, if Kane starts then we should be good enough for the 3 points.

Alloa ran Hibs fairly close last Saturday and have drawn both home & away with Rangers, so Sons'll need to be up for this one.

A decent wee ground too, look forward to a Roll n' Pie again.

We'll be shite in the first half, the clipboard will be put away in a safe place, then we'll be 4-4-2 again and bang in a couple of goals. Final result will depend on just how shite we are in the first half...

We'll be shite in the first half, the clipboard will be put away in a safe place, then we'll be 4-4-2 again and bang in a couple of goals. Final result will depend on just how shite we are in the first half...

Sounds pretty much like alloa.

Think it is 13 games unbeaten we have gone vs Alloa, not 100% though.

12 games. Last time Alloa Ath defeated Dumbarton was in August 2009. Big Denis McLaughlin got sent-off in this game. What happened to him btw? He was the next big thing at the time.

Think it is 13 games unbeaten we have gone vs Alloa, not 100% though.

12 games. Last time Alloa Ath defeated Dumbarton was in August 2009. Big Denis McLaughlin got sent-off in this game. What happened to him btw? He was the next big thing at the time.

Thirteen. See this article, published before the 3-1 win in September: http://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/unlucky-theen-2/

Was that the day you's had the memorial/tribute to one of your ex players or managers and we had Brian Carrigan up front that day? I also think our supporters bus reversed into a fence after getting lost.

Was that the day you's had the memorial/tribute to one of your ex players or managers and we had Brian Carrigan up front that day? I also think our supporters bus reversed into a fence after getting lost.

It was the Gordon Lennon tribute, we'd just been promoted and his family unfurled the 3rd Division championship flag.

Aye it was the first game since Gordon Lennon's death. Quite a surreal day, a lot of the players were visibly upset before kick off and done well to put in any sort of performance. Was desperate for us to win that one due to the occassion but it wasn't to be.

Hoping we go 4-4-2 for this one. Kaneo has to start.

I'd quite like to see Kane and Nish up front together for this. Tempting to play Garry in the midfield to give a bit of dig. CT hasn't really been himself, Aggy is quite inconsistent (as are most of our players!) And Kirky doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in just now - massively disappointing as I thought he could be our most important player this season. Wouldn't mind us switching things round in the centre of the park. As long as we start with a 4 man defence which has 2 centre backs, a left back and a right back. Midfield with Gilhaney and 3 others.

Not quite sure what to expect here. Last time we played, Alloa simply didn't turn up for the match, despite being so close to beating The Rangers the previous week. They have been picking up some more very good points in games where they may not have expected them since then. Just hope we turn up and play well!

Let's play everyone in their preferred position and see how we get on. Alloa are clearly a well organised team and are more disciplined in their defensive duties, if we don't get our team tactics right it could be another dreary afternoon. I'm missing the game for my best mates wedding so I likely won't give a shit what the score is until Sunday morning but here's hoping.

Archived