Alloa v Sons

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only are you taking Kane away but now you're rubbing in the fact that we've no got McGinn any more as well. You are evil b*****ds St J :(.

I'm sorry :(

Yes. I admit you probably saw more of May but I think Kane's finishing instinct is better. May has more skill, I can see him creating something out of nothing but I don't think Kane is that creative. Excellent striker though and I have no doubt he'll score goals when he goes back to Saints.

Agreed. I think May is the better all round player but Kane is the best finisher in the league and will score goals in the Premiership if he gets his chance.

We have Rangers at Ibrox on the 3rd of January so if you'd at least let him dump more misery on them then that'd be something.

The Moonster, on 07 Dec 2014 - 13:18, said:

Not only are you taking Kane away but now you're rubbing in the fact that we've no got McGinn any more as well. You are evil b*****ds St J :(.

RandomGuy., on 07 Dec 2014 - 13:21, said:

I'm sorry :(

Just to be clear here though, Dundee aren't sorry.

I think Kane will definitely be the better player.

May is more of a maverick and allied to his desire and belief in himself, he's a guy that can possibly achieve more than his ability should allow. Kane does arguably have more to his game than May but does he have that arrogance about him to be as big a success?

Kane was exactly what we needed in the second half yesterday and although I previously wasn't sure because of MacLean coming back to fitness, I do now reckon it's certain he'll be back at Saints next month.

Can't really complain about yesterday considering the effort the boys gave us on Wednesday night but we could have kept playing till today and it would've been evident that we were never going to score summed up by Simmons shot that came back off the post which if it was anyone else would have probably spun along the line and creeped in.

May is more of a maverick and allied to his desire and belief in himself, he's a guy that can possibly achieve more than his ability should allow. Kane does arguably have more to his game than May but does he have that arrogance about him to be as big a success?

Kane was exactly what we needed in the second half yesterday and although I previously wasn't sure because of MacLean coming back to fitness, I do now reckon it's certain he'll be back at Saints next month.

I think he does. He's certainly not short in confidence on the pitch and having spoken to him I think he is quite arrogant about his own abilities. He just gives off a shy, wee boy vibe.

McGinn is the one that got away!

Yes. I admit you probably saw more of May but I think Kane's finishing instinct is better. May has more skill, I can see him creating something out of nothing but I don't think Kane is that creative. Excellent striker though and I have no doubt he'll score goals when he goes back to Saints.

May scored 19 goals in 22 games for Alloa, 26 in 33 for Hamilton and 20 goals for St Johnstone last year. He has just turned 22.

I think Kane will definitely be the better player.

"Definitely"? I think you are guilty of bias. May has just been capped for Scotland.

ETA Should have looked at your user name - thought you were a Sons fan - hence the use of "bias".

May scored 19 goals in 22 games for Alloa, 26 in 33 for Hamilton and 20 goals for St Johnstone last year. He has just turned 22.

He'd scored less Championship goals than Kane at the same age though.

Kane is currently 20 years and 3 months old. He has 23 Championship games and 13 Championship goals behind him.

May at roughly the same age (born Nov 1992, so would be the same age in Jan 2013) had a record of 16 Championship games and 8 Championship goals.

Theres not much to separate them statistically at this level.

Kane is currently 20 years and 3 months old. He has 23 Championship games and 13 Championship goals behind him.

May at roughly the same age (born Nov 1992, so would be the same age in Jan 2013) had a record of 16 Championship games and 8 Championship goals.

WTF is this thread, 'Gocompareayoungsaintsstriker.com' ?

Kano will return to Perth and we'll watch his progress; Id feel much worse if I hadn't bumped into Milan Baros in Homebase this morning.

WTF is this thread, 'Gocompareayoungsaintsstriker.com' ?

Kano will return to Perth and we'll watch his progress; Id feel much worse if I hadn't bumped into Milan Baros in Homebase this morning.

Well all the players are related to dumbarton and alloa in one way or another.

Different players. May has more skill but Kane is a better finisher. Just fucking leave Kane here ya c***s.

I have seen both players over two years Steve May is head and shoulders above Kane by miles . In my view Kane would struggle to get a start every week at St Johnstone

And would unlikely to be capped at full level

I have seen both players over two years Steve May is head and shoulders above Kane by miles . In my view Kane would struggle to get a start every week at St Johnstone

And would unlikely to be capped at full level

Head and shoulders above by miles?? Just doesn't seem right.

I'm sure you are in a position to say he won't be capped though. They are completely different kinds of player. Kane will make it though. He is far too good for either of the teams that played in the game yesterday. Natural finisher and he will develop into a great player.

But another 6 months with Dumbarton would do him the world of good ;)

Mind a good few of Kane's appearances came from the bench.

Since his return to us he's averaging a goal every 90 minutes and they minutes he's played includes that home draw with hearts.

Archived