Challenge Cup Final - Alloa Athletic v Livingston

BFTD

Congratulations to Livi. Much the better team on the day.

Great atmosphere before and during the game. Enjoyed seeing all the kids in their team strips playing small sided games and generally enjoying the fanzone.

We did well to get to the final and the players will be gutted about the manner of the defeat.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="Waspy" post="9356402" timestamp="1428300967

Felt sorry for the Northampton town fans who travelled up for the game.

I fear the curtain has come down on our season, we will go down without a whimper.

I spoke to a man and his daughter who had travelled up from London for the game. He asked for info about picking up the top he'd ordered from the club but hadn't received a reply... ???? All round bummer of a day compounded with that performance.

I fear you may be right, but hope not too.

After time too think back on this there is no doubt that this was one of the worst performances of the season. One thing though is everyone slating the board for not having a manager in place yet after yesterday needs to think back to when we drew with Rangers and everyone was happy to let PC remain in charge till the end of the season.

Hope all the Livi fans enjoyed there days yesterday.

One thing though is everyone slating the board for not having a manager in place yet after yesterday needs to think back to when we drew with Rangers and everyone was happy to let PC remain in charge till the end of the season.

As I previously stated Rangers were dropping points to Every man and their dog when we got the draw.

As I previously stated Rangers were dropping points to Every man and their dog when we got the draw.

Yes and not everyone will have said it after the draw but I do remember a majority stating their happiness for PC too continue until the end of the season. If the chairman seen anything to suggest the fans support PC as caretaker till the end he would probably back him and give himself more time to find a replacement.

Thanks to the Alloa fans for their congratulations. I agree that your team didn't do themselves justice on the day.

Win or lose though it was a day for everyone to enjoy. Petrofac should be thanked for the effort they put in in the run up to the game. The fanzone was a nice idea and it was good to see fans of opposing teams mingling in the sunshine.

Thanks to the Alloa fans for their congratulations. I agree that your team didn't do themselves justice on the day.

Win or lose though it was a day for everyone to enjoy. Petrofac should be thanked for the effort they put in in the run up to the game. The fanzone was a nice idea and it was good to see fans of opposing teams mingling in the sunshine.

Definitely a day to enjoy orco, was a great occasion and Petrofac training did a great job with this cup, acted more than just a sponsor and i'd sooner see the guys I charge of the cup take over our game than the guys we have now at the SFA.

Alright, I'm still here. Apparently I'm too fat for seppuku with a stanley knife :angry:

- Thanks to Brian Roach and the Supporters Club for a cracking pre-match at the Tulloch. Tremendous support on the day from the Alloa fans, who were raucous right from the off and couldn't wait for the game to get started, and embarrassed the Livi supporters until they suddenly found their voices when the second goal went in.

- Lovely job by Petrofac with the pre-match entertainment; seemed like everybody had a very pleasant time on a delightful spring day in Perth. No idea what the MC thought he was doing by promising everyone an "Eilidh Barbour" every few minutes - is she considered a celebrity or something? No offence to the lassie, but surely nobody was queuing up to meet the girl, especially with a miserable Jim Spence prowling the car park.

- Thanks to the St Johnstone staff, who were very nice to the heathens invading their ground from West Lothian and Clackmannanshire.

- Thanks also to the laddie from Topps, who was giving away SPFL sticker collection starter packs, and basically gave me an entire box worth of free stickers :thumsup2

Our performances keep hitting new lows; tremendous timing to pull out the worst of the season for the final. Even Saint Ben had a bit of a shocker. First half of the season, we were a tidy, patient passing side with problems putting the final ball into the box. In an effort to score more goals, we've become direct passers who give the ball away constantly and leave the defence exposed. It's awful to see our players humping the ball forward in the vague hope of hitting one of our own; at best, the recipient manages to pull it down, only to get immediately mugged by their marker. Formerly solid performers like Graham Holmes and Michael Doyle are being woefully exposed. Barring a remarkable change in form, I fear we're now reliant on Livi not pulling six points out of their arses in the final six games. Thank God they're not showing any signs of improvement. I'd say that Paddy would be better going back to playing to the squad's strengths, but our passing's slipped so badly that I don't know if the possession game's practical anymore. Reliant on desire alone now, I fear - hopefully the team's been stung enough by yesterday that they can pull something out of the hat in the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and can we give it a rest with the embarrassing "<x> is gay" patter please? More fool you if you consider that an insult, but Jason Talbot's a cynical, dirty c**t - accusing him of liking the boaby lets the p***k off far too easy.

On more important matters, what did the scoreboard look like? We seemingly put a new one in especially for this.

On more important matters, what did the scoreboard look like? We seemingly put a new one in especially for this.

Noticed it put up 3-0 Livi after our 2nd goal, fucking thing must've been psychic knowing another Livi goal was coming. Would really have been impressive if it had put up 4-0 Livi before we'd scored our 4th goal.

Alright, I'm still here. Apparently I'm too fat for seppuku with a stanley knife :angry:

- Thanks to Brian Roach and the Supporters Club for a cracking pre-match at the Tulloch. Tremendous support on the day from the Alloa fans, who were raucous right from the off and couldn't wait for the game to get started, and embarrassed the Livi supporters until they suddenly found their voices when the second goal went in.

- Lovely job by Petrofac with the pre-match entertainment; seemed like everybody had a very pleasant time on a delightful spring day in Perth. No idea what the MC thought he was doing by promising everyone an "Eilidh Barbour" every few minutes - is she considered a celebrity or something? No offence to the lassie, but surely nobody was queuing up to meet the girl, especially with a miserable Jim Spence prowling the car park.

- Thanks to the St Johnstone staff, who were very nice to the heathens invading their ground from West Lothian and Clackmannanshire.

- Thanks also to the laddie from Topps, who was giving away SPFL sticker collection starter packs, and basically gave me an entire box worth of free stickers :thumsup2

Our performances keep hitting new lows; tremendous timing to pull out the worst of the season for the final. Even Saint Ben had a bit of a shocker. First half of the season, we were a tidy, patient passing side with problems putting the final ball into the box. In an effort to score more goals, we've become direct passers who give the ball away constantly and leave the defence exposed. It's awful to see our players humping the ball forward in the vague hope of hitting one of our own; at best, the recipient manages to pull it down, only to get immediately mugged by their marker. Formerly solid performers like Graham Holmes and Michael Doyle are being woefully exposed. Barring a remarkable change in form, I fear we're now reliant on Livi not pulling six points out of their arses in the final six games. Thank God they're not showing any signs of improvement. I'd say that Paddy would be better going back to playing to the squad's strengths, but our passing's slipped so badly that I don't know if the possession game's practical anymore. Reliant on desire alone now, I fear - hopefully the team's been stung enough by yesterday that they can pull something out of the hat in the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and can we give it a rest with the embarrassing "<x> is gay" patter please? More fool you if you consider that an insult, but Jason Talbot's a cynical, dirty c**t - accusing him of liking the boaby lets the p***k off far too easy.

Aye and there isn't any 'cynical dirty c***s' in the Alloa team. Last week your No4 should've been off and yesterday there was a double take out with them just getting a wee word form the ref then O'Brien gets booked for blocking a player off, fecking joke by the ref.

Alloa are very cynical with their fouls and cute knocking the ball away to stop free kicks and even throw ins being taken quickly.

Thought Talbot had a good game yesterday and kept the heid despite taking a few clatters from alloa players.

Archived