Cowdenbeath v Heart of Midlothian, Rescheduled for 23/12/2014

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant first half display from Hearts tonight, and how we only went in at the interval one ahead is a mystery! It really could have been 6 as Cowden were never in it. 2nd half was a bit different though until the 2nd went in as we made hard work for ourselves and let them back into the game, with Alexander having a couple of top class saves before Pele Paterson scored an absolute scorcher (wait until you see this goal!!) to wrap the game up, it was pretty much plain sailing with a dodgy 10-15 mins really.

Next stop Livvy

Mind the gap :)

The train back must be absolutely hoaching - like the last chopper out of Saigon. It certainly was coming back from Kirkcaldy in August anyway. :lol:

9fz4vd.jpg

Pity to Scotrail conductor on the train it would probably be a cushy run on the 2nd last train out of Cowdenbeath. No doubt they would have had their normal pishy 2 carriage train with not enough seats for everyone.

Good first half from Hearts, we should've had a couple more goals before Half time. I reckon we surprised cowden playing Paterson further forward to give us a physical presence. I felt we were comfortable but Cowden made a few chances and if they had a bit more quality might've made A game of it.

Patersons goal is a belter.

Btw surely the black guy at CH was cowdenbeaths best player and not the guy who got motm!?

We played pretty well 2nd half and created more and better chances. A superb strike for the 2nd goal illustrated the difference in quality of finishing and thats why the score was 2 nil.

you can see hearts are a team on a run but we acquitted ourselves well enough with a severely weakened team.

hopeful for Saturday.

Another game where Hearts didn't really leave second gear.

Cowden caused us a few problems early on in the second half but apart from that we strolled through the game without much difficulty and always looked like if need be we could step it up a level or two.

Hearts bossed the first half and were pretty impressive but I thought lacked cutting edge at times. Cowdenbeath improved second half and the second goal came at the right time for Hearts.

Eckersley was my man of the match. Was given a lot of space first half but has really grown in confidence and was more adventurous as ever. Even went for that pirouette in the box in the second half. Good to see Craig Sutherland come on for Cowdenbeath, was at school with him. Thought he did reasonably well and was unlucky not to score with a header.

The train back must be absolutely hoaching - like the last chopper out of Saigon. It certainly was coming back from Kirkcaldy in August anyway. :lol:

9fz4vd.jpg

You should have seen what Queen Street was like after Scotland v Ireland.

You should have seen what Queen Street was like after Scotland v Ireland.

What a shambles that was. I ended up getting packed into a taxi back to Edinburgh at 2am after the replacement trains and then buses failed to materialise.

Would have been interesting to see what Hearts could have done if Higgins took his chance at 1-0. We carved out excellent scoring opportunities but the finishing was poor.

Did you enjoy the evening Hearts fans? You made a good noise.

I was in the West Terrace and my view of the pitch was every bit as bad as I had been warned, due to the distance from the pitch, low viewing angle and huge fence.

It was also difficult to create much of an atmosphere with the way the ground was so open and despite a sell out crowd, gaps between supporters.

Cowdenbeath itself was nicer than expected and the locals friendly.

A 2-0 away win always makes for an enjoyable experience.

Would have been interesting to see what Hearts could have done if Higgins took his chance at 1-0. We carved out excellent scoring opportunities but the finishing was poor.

Did you enjoy the evening Hearts fans? You made a good noise.

I was in the West Terrace and my view of the pitch was every bit as bad as I had been warned, due to the distance from the pitch, low viewing angle and huge fence.

It was also difficult to create much of an atmosphere with the way the ground was so open and despite a sell out crowd, gaps between supporters.

Cowdenbeath itself was nicer than expected and the locals friendly.

A 2-0 away win always makes for an enjoyable experience.

Hearts are by far the best team i have seen us play this season and i fully expect them to romp to the league title.They were slick,athletic and knocked the ball about with confidence and ease. This was a hard fixture for them and they handled it well and could have gone up a gear or two if needed. I was particularly impressed by their number 44 who was very dynamic and had lot's of pace.He looked like a class act.

From our point of view we had a depleted side and were always going to struggle in this one. We created a few good chance in the 2nd half and played a bit better but the result was never in question at any time in the game.

Hope that Hearts can do us a favour by pumping Livi and that we can get a positive result fom the Dumbo game.

Eta; Great to see Morgaro Gomis back at Central Park again. Brought back some great memories.

Yeah the west terracing as shit, absolutely no doubt about that. The main terracing and bits of the old stand afford a great view though.

I'm sure Hearts fans will enjoy the change in scenery for the one year they are going to be in this league. Different places and pubs etc. Cowden high street - while looking run down - is ideal for any football fan. The locals in pubs have always been friendly in my experience too.

Glad the Hearts fan's enjoyed their evening in Cowdenbeath.Locals were friendly as always and I did not see any bother from the Hearts fan's.

Credit to Hearts second goal which was also applauded by some of our Cowden fans.Hearts look like they are going to steam roll this league.

In terms of us I thought we played not to bad considering we are a part time football club although there were one or two school boy defending moments that could have cost us a few more goals.

Again you have to applaud Robbie Thomson,I think he is developing into a fine keeper.

Was dissapointing with the referee and his assistant where at full time they probably deserved some of the jeers they received from the home support.When will referees stand up and be fair to the smaller clubs.I'm not asking for favours just consistent but fair refereeing toboth teams.

Did think it was unfair at nil nil where Jimmy was getting a bit of stick for not having a go.I thought we came out better in the second half.

Whilst we are in the league position we want to be in we all need to back Jimmy and his playing staffto once again prove everyone wrong that we are capable of being an established Championship football club.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas with friends and family and after all our food and drink we can look forward to a victory over Dumbarton on Saturday.

Take Care Folks and once again have a Merry Christmas.

Thought we played some good stuff at times and were patient on the ball. Can understand impatience at wanting the ball punted forward but it is good to see our young team confident on the ball. Injuries are a real concern, especially with 3 huge games coming up that can set us up for the season. Could nearly put a team on the park of regulars last night (RB - Brett, LB - Kenny, CB - Chopper, CM - Robbo, LM - Kudus, RM - Gallacher as well as Fraser and Hughes who's loans just expired) if not facing an injury crisis. Massive credit must go though to the boys who came in and gave the league leaders a game. Feel a bit sorry for Brownlie a regular and standout last season when on loan and out of the picture.

Need a few in when window opens. I like Sutherland up front, wins his fair share of headers and great pace. Needs a goal to kick on. He is often looking for the through ball like Kane did but that is not happening with us playing balls to feet of players dropping deep. Good luck to Hearts, played very well when needed!

Yeah the west terracing as shit, absolutely no doubt about that. The main terracing and bits of the old stand afford a great view though.

Not sure you can say with any confidence that anywhere in that ground affords a great view.

Archived