Inverness Caley Thistle v Partick Thistle

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'd drop Vincent and bring in Christie.

I have to agree more with johnboy than the seething boo-boy part-timer that is TSNY. I don't think anyone would doubt that Doran and Christie are more creative and possibly more dangerous options than Williams and Vincent but Williams and Vincent have better tactical discipline and strength. Also, Christie is still a young guy, relatively inexperienced, and starting him every week could be unwise. Both are great to have coming off the bench.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fact that this thread was started by a Clyde fan reminds me of the time that Partick Thistle fans turned up to our title deciding game with Clyde in 2004 supporting us because they thought we wouldn't get promoted. Of course, we went up much to the chagrin of the complete arsehole PTFC had a chairman back then, was his name Tom Hughes? Seems like a hundred years ago - we've finished above Thistle every season since then and haven't even played Clyde since that game.

Pretty cringey behaviour at the time by Thistle fans. Lucky it wasn't Motherwell or I.C.T. may not have enjoyed all their recent good times.

At least you're over it m8 x

If Frans is back fit and Doolan travels with the squad I'll be a lot more confident of our chances.

Frans seemed to be 50/50 for the Killie game so I'd expect him to be fine. Hopefully McMillan is too. Has Doolan picked up an injury?

Clyde :lol:

I have an okay feeling about this. I.C.T. 1 Thistle 2,

Low Quality Pub Team 3 Clyde 0

The Thistle boys should lay off the Nandos this week and load up on the carbs.

Think you would be better having porridge to warm you up as it's Baltic up here and likely to stay like that till weekend.

Assume the game's not in much danger with the weather- games at ICT normally survive?

Not much confidence for this one, only thing is we seem to have been a bit of a bogey team for ICT over the years, think we were the first team to win up there last season and we were the first team to score / beat them this season.

Assume the game's not in much danger with the weather- games at ICT normally survive?

Not much confidence for this one, only thing is we seem to have been a bit of a bogey team for ICT over the years, think we were the first team to win up there last season and we were the first team to score / beat them this season.

Unless there's a white out on Friday night its game on, but prepare for it to be freezing cold with a wind chill factor.

Traffic info and also you can check the traffic cams on the A9 can be found here - http://trafficscotland.org/map/index.aspx?type=26

Snowing in the 'Sneck' just now, this is not a problem. It would be worth watching conditions on the A9 though since the weather front that is bringing the snow here has yet to reach the high ground.

Traffic Cams - http://trafficscotland.org/map/index.aspx?type=26. That site will also keep you up dated on road conditions and will warn of incidents. Just checked Scotrail and so far no issues with the trains on the north line.

I don't expect a big crowd for this game what with the Christmas shopping more on peoples minds and the poor weather. I can understand sitting out doors in wintery weather not appealing to folks, its one of the failings in all seater stadiums in this country that people might prefer to stand and move about to keep warm.

Has Doolan picked up an injury?

No, Mrs. Doolan is due to give birth this weekend. Hopefully she can hold off until Sunday!

It seems that Frans is 50/50 while Carroll is definitely out. Eccleston and McMillan both back into the squad.

I think we'll line up:

Gallacher

O'Donnell Seaborne Balatoni McMillan

Osman Bannigan

Elliott Fraser Higginbotham

Stevenson

Stevenson has come onto a game in the last few weeks and I think he might be better to match up to the physicality of the ICT centre halves, that said he worked very well behind Doolan in the September clash. I think if we play James Craigen "in the hole" we'll have the exact same problem we had against ICT in March that Draper and his partner will have far too much in midfield and we'll be camped in all game long.

Cautiously optimistic we can grab something out of this game.

For the first time in ages I'm seriously thinking of giving our game a miss. I can never enthuse over our games there at any time and with the weather forecast for tomorrow I think it's a day at the juniors for me.

Had our game been in Dingwall I would' t have thought twice. A completely different day out.

Snowing in the 'Sneck' just now, this is not a problem. It would be worth watching conditions on the A9 though since the weather front that is bringing the snow here has yet to reach the high ground.

I don't expect a big crowd for this game what with the Christmas shopping more on peoples minds and the poor weather. I can understand sitting out doors in wintery weather not appealing to folks, its one of the failings in all seater stadiums in this country that people might prefer to stand and move about to keep warm.

Naah... The central heating will be on in the stands and complimentary travelling rugs will be provided to help keep our legs warm.

The catering/hospitality staff will be going round with complimentary trays of teas/coffees and nibbles consisting of sausage rolls, vol-au-vents, prawn cocktail sandwiches, etc, etc....... All included with the price of your ticket.

It's strange that more don't make the effort to come out and support their teams all year round.

No, Mrs. Doolan is due to give birth this weekend. Hopefully she can hold off until Sunday!

It seems that Frans is 50/50 while Carroll is definitely out. Eccleston and McMillan both back into the squad.

I think we'll line up:

Gallacher

O'Donnell Seaborne Balatoni McMillan

Osman Bannigan

Elliott Fraser Higginbotham

Stevenson

Stevenson has come onto a game in the last few weeks and I think he might be better to match up to the physicality of the ICT centre halves, that said he worked very well behind Doolan in the September clash. I think if we play James Craigen "in the hole" we'll have the exact same problem we had against ICT in March that Draper and his partner will have far too much in midfield and we'll be camped in all game long.

Cautiously optimistic we can grab something out of this game.

I'd like to see a place for Lawless, maybe ahead of Elliott in that team but guess Elliott will stay in for his greater defensive qualities, which is sad but understandable. Not convinced we'll drop Craigen, he lasted the 90 minutes last week.

We never draw up there, think this will be a 2-0 defeat unfortunately.

Naah... The central heating will be on in the stands and complimentary travelling rugs will be provided to help keep our legs warm.

The catering/hospitality staff will be going round with complimentary trays of teas/coffees and nibbles consisting of sausage rolls, vol-au-vents, prawn cocktail sandwiches, etc, etc....... All included with the price of your ticket.

It's strange that more don't make the effort to come out and support their teams all year round.

Well despite the weather I'm going tomorrow, I haven't been since our 1-0 win over Dundee Utd and I miss watching the football. Its unfortunate I would like to get to more games and I miss the away games as well due to work and other priorities, that's life's circumstances sad to say.

The weather or the distance to the ground makes no difference, I will make the effort if I'm free to do so. It takes me about an hour to walk from one end of the city to the stadium, no complaints though I like doing it sort of a pre match where I get time to think about the game ahead, been doing that since 1997. I take my radio and I'll listen to 'Sportsound' or 'Off the Ball' on the walk in.

Archived