I’ve just bought the new Nike Flyknit Vapor Max earlier today, the ones that don’t have any laces but have the pull cord at the back of the heel to tighten them. Was planning on using them just for the gym as if you even glance at a puddle the wrong way with those Flyknit trainers on then it looks like you’ve just played a game of 5s in them. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I quite like the platinum ones. I hope you never bought all black ones. 

No they are whitish. Just checked the website and Nike calls it ‘Summit White’, and they have a sky blue heel. 

I don’t usually buy trainers at that sort of price range and it’s only the second pair of flyknits I’ve had, the first pair I got were on sale but were the comfiest trainers I’ve had for a while, so hopefully these are the same. I’ve had numerous pairs of the Adidas NMDs that I used for the gym, and apart from being very comfy I like that they can be pulled on like a pair of socks because the upper part of the trainer nearest the ankle is so stretchy. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yeah, I love a flyknit. I wouldn't pay the prices they're asking but I do keep an eye out for the sales. Good choice. 

Thanks a lot 😊

The NMDs are a very close second to the flyknits, if you are looking for a similar trainer, and probably no difference in comfort tbh. The stretchy material ones are still priced around £120 which isn’t cheap but worth it if you are going to get the use from them. 

The ones pictured are the stretchy kind, they do other NMDs which have a harder material around the ankle which are cheaper but also worse. 

4D7247EA-1CA1-4B95-8160-526D11EDCE77.jpeg

Edited by IrishBhoy

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Thanks a lot 😊

The NMDs are a very close second to the flyknits, if you are looking for a similar trainer, and probably no difference in comfort tbh. The stretchy material ones are still priced around £120 which isn’t cheap but worth it if you are going to get the use from them. 

I'm an EQT primeknit wearer. Had a couple of pairs and I just love the way they look. 

These are my absolute joy, bought for the gym and when they turned up they were promoted to my holiday trainer. Been worn about 5 times in nearly 3 year. 

66790582_max.jpg.aa5bc5b20fc328870344638748e0d854.jpg

:wub:

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm an EQT primeknit wearer. Had a couple of pairs and I just love the way they look. 

These are my absolute joy, bought for the gym and when they turned up they were promoted to my holiday trainer. Been worn about 5 times in nearly 3 year. 

66790582_max.jpg.aa5bc5b20fc328870344638748e0d854.jpg

:wub:

The stretchiness of the material around that ankle is what I am here for. Don’t know about that colourway but they look like an excellent trainer. 

My most recent purchase before the flyknits were these Adidas trainers I got a couple of months ago, 2K boost or some such. The colourway gives off quite strong Protestant/Orange Order vibes, and people with a low IQ will almost certainly make some Rangers supporter jibe at you, but they are very comfortable and the insole has a layer of padding that I’ve not found in other trainers. 

CAC09D97-D3C3-4900-94D4-2790618A2FFF.jpeg

17 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

image.png.e58321c653838ccdfa17dc062e110db2.png

These look like trainers for playing squash or badminton. Do you own these trainers? 

Dunlop are such a strange brand. You won’t hear me say a bad word about their range of tyres, and if I find a Dunlop golf ball out on the course I will probably stick it in my bag, but I wouldn’t walk about a ghost town with a pair of their trainers on. 

14 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

These look like trainers for playing squash or badminton. Do you own these trainers? 

Dunlop are such a strange brand. You won’t hear me say a bad word about their range of tyres, and if I find a Dunlop golf ball out on the course I will probably stick it in my bag, but I wouldn’t walk about a ghost town with a pair of their trainers on. 

Don't own them now but grew up in them until I branched into Diadora/Nike etc.

19 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Don't own them now but grew up in them until I branched into Diadora/Nike etc.

I see. What decade was that you grew up in? I assume it was the 80s going by the style of the trainer. It’s funny what brands were popular once but aren’t nowadays. I was in school in the early 90s and Ellese and Fila trainers were the popular ones, or if you wore shoes it was Kickers or Pod, along with a Helly Hansen jacket if your parents had more money than sense. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I see. What decade was that you grew up in? I assume it was the 80s going by the style of the trainer. It’s funny what brands were popular once but aren’t nowadays. I was in school in the early 90s and Ellese and Fila trainers were the popular ones, or if you wore shoes it was Kickers or Pod, along with a Helly Hansen jacket if your parents had more money than sense. 

NafNaf & Benetton were also popular brands around that time too, as for footwear.

yURS8TP.jpg

i recall these being everywhere sometime in the very late 80's or very early 90's.

10 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

NafNaf & Benetton were also popular brands around that time too, as for footwear.

yURS8TP.jpg

i recall these being everywhere sometime in the very late 80's or very early 90's.

I have heard of those brands but I think they were slightly before my time. Read a book a few years ago about the English football fans, Liverpool mainly, who used to follow their teams away in Europe in the early 80s, and would rob the shops in mainland Europe of their designer gear. They would then come back to England wearing brands like Lacoste, Sergio Tachini and Ellese that no one else had heard of before. It was carried out like a military operation, they all had a role to play in the robbery and 50 scousers would turn up to some fancy boutique somewhere like Milan and just storm the shop, 10 guys robbing the tills, 20 robbing the clothes, the others taking anything that wasn’t nailed down. 

Fila are making a bit of a comeback. Not my style these days but they seem to be popular among the Instagram crowd. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Benetton still kick about just now. When they're on sale they're terrific value for money. Full price is a tad expensive, IMO. 

Anyway, get the thread back on track, looking likely I'll be adding these next week. 

AS228171-side.jpg.9721cd29462c151867ba6e41d932c8ba.jpg

They would get trainers stopped. 

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I have heard of those brands but I think they were slightly before my time. Read a book a few years ago about the English football fans, Liverpool mainly, who used to follow their teams away in Europe in the early 80s, and would rob the shops in mainland Europe of their designer gear. They would then come back to England wearing brands like Lacoste, Sergio Tachini and Ellese that no one else had heard of before. It was carried out like a military operation, they all had a role to play in the robbery and 50 scousers would turn up to some fancy boutique somewhere like Milan and just storm the shop, 10 guys robbing the tills, 20 robbing the clothes, the others taking anything that wasn’t nailed down. 

Fila are making a bit of a comeback. Not my style these days but they seem to be popular among the Instagram crowd. 

this is me shocked at ''scousers robbing''

Spoiler

Q9Ky65p.gif

back on track, i saw a guy in a McDonalds with these on, think i'd rather wear adidas 2 strip from tesco, than these ugly overpriced monstrosities and keep the £300 and odd quid they cost in my pocket.

l9DCozc.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

this is me shocked at ''scousers robbing''

Reveal hidden contents

Q9Ky65p.gif

back on track, i saw a guy in a McDonalds with these on, think i'd rather wear adidas 2 strip from tesco, than these ugly overpriced monstrosities and keep the £300 and odd quid they cost in my pocket.

l9DCozc.jpg

Technically, you can’t get Adidas 2 stripes. Adidas, quite famously, have 3 stripes. Agreed with those trainers though, Alexander McQueens I believe. They look like the sort of shoe you would wear if you had your ankle in a cast. 

I think some of these fancy designers have a competition amongst themselves to see who can sell the most ridiculous trainer for the highest price. 

These Balenciaga trainers retail for over £900. There is absolutely no way that there isn’t an office full of people absolutely pishing themselves laughing as they signed these off. 

D246C214-C137-429C-8D04-B02FB88EE589.jpeg

Edited by IrishBhoy

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Technically, you can’t get Adidas 2 stripes. Adidas, quite famously, have 3 stripes. Agreed with those trainers though, Alexander McQueens I believe. They look like the sort of shoe you would wear if you had your ankle in a cast. 

I think some of these fancy designers have a competition amongst themselves to see who can sell the most ridiculous trainer for the highest price. 

These trainers retail for over £900. There is absolutely no way that there isn’t an office full of people absolutely pishing themselves laughing as they signed these off. 

D246C214-C137-429C-8D04-B02FB88EE589.jpeg

you can buy similar for £70, they're actually pretty good for certain things, although you need the feet glove type socks or they stink pretty quickly.