Can anyone tell me if this happened?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't remember it being advertised as us winning it and i must have missed the trophy parade in the town centre

North Lanarkshire Council only have enough money in their budget to get the bunting out for National Cup Finals.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanarkshire_Cup. No idea when it finished being open to the seniors first teams though.

I think that (officially speaking) it's a friendly tournament, with the Lanarkshire Cup handed-out at the end of proceedings. It doesn't seem to be registered to West of Scotland FA, which succeeded the Lanarkshire Renfrewshire & Ayrshire associations, in the way the Renfrewshire Cup is... or the Glasgow Cup (now played for by U17s) is to Glasgow FA.

Only team in Britain to win 40 regional trophies :) does anyone know if you can attend the Lanarkshire cup games and where and when it will be this year?

Hibs have won the East of Scotland Shield no fewer than 63 times, with Hearts on 56.

St Mirren and Morton have both won the Renfrewshire Cup over 50 times.

A mistake on Wikipedia? I don't believe it :lol:.

Kilmarnock have 42 Ayrshire Cup wins although it ceased in 1998.

Aberdeen have 40 Aberdeenshire Cup wins... However this would have been a lot more if they hadn't been allowed to playoff with the winner for a Dewar Cup slot from before WWII until the 1970s instead of entering directly. EDIT: Actually that 40 total includes the pre-1903 Aberdeen. If you include Victorian Utd and Orion as well the total reaches 51.

Rangers have 57 Glasgow Cup wins of which 45 were secured as a first-team tournament.

Archived