Question Time

Elixir

16 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

There you go again with "English"! If Scotland does choose to leave the Union, we are also choosing to leave Wales & NI as well as England.

As already explained the reason why the English keep getting mentioned is because the guy who said it specifically said English.

If you are going to contribute to threads please keep up with it at least eh

27 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Happy to agree to disagree.

I think most think that the English having an opinion is absolutely fine.  I think what happens though, and from what I hear on phone ins etc...., is that some of the most vocal and opiniated on the matter speak to us like we're stupid.  There doesn't seem to be much lovebombing going on, just bombing.

Bellends from that point of view on both sides tbh. As usual with life the biggest arseholes usually shout loudest (or you notice them more).

Plenty of sound English people out there

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

1 minute ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Bellends from that point of view on both sides tbh. As usual with life the biggest arsehole usually shout loudest (or you notice them more)

I'm partisan, obviously, but I've been trying to judge what I'm hearing impartially.  There's far more anger on the no side so far.  I'm in no doubt of that.

22 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Of course they can have an opinion. They just shouldn't expect anyone to give a f**k about it. I can have an opinion about American politics but if I started droning on to an American about it, I'd quite rightly expect them to tell me to f**k off.

I think the politics between the nations in the United kingdom are a bit more aligned than between scotland and the USA tbh

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

I'm partisan, obviously, but I've been trying to judge what I'm hearing impartially.  There's far more anger on the no side so far.  I'm in no doubt of that.

I meant both sides of the border. But there are bellends on the yes and no side here too. Probably with recent events the no side are a bit more peeved true

As already explained the reason why the English keep getting mentioned is because the guy who said it specifically said English.
If you are going to contribute to threads please keep up with it at least eh

Yet, you know the OP to be wrong, but still insist on using only one nation in your posts as an example?
I've pointed it out to you already, you persist?

Just now, Fifes Elite Force said:

I meant both sides of the border. But there are bellends on the yes and no side here too. Probably with recent events the no side are a bit more peeved true

Aah ok, I didn't read that correctly.

I do think that the no side have more reason for anger, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain, but the pram is open and the toys are everywhere a bit too often already and aggressively for me.

3 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Yet, you know the OP to be wrong, but still insist on using only one nation in your posts as an example?
I've pointed it out to you already, you persist?

It's fairly simple. I'm discussing what the guy said. The guy said English.

Just accept you misinterpreted the conversation and let it go rather than trying to make a fake argument

2 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Aah ok, I didn't read that correctly.

I do think that the no side have more reason for anger, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain, but the pram is open and the toys are everywhere a bit too often already and aggressively for me.

Och toys out prams everywhere.

Folk are upset another referendum has been asked for. Folk are upset that it's be blocked.

In sure a few social media meltdowns will be upon us

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Aye, and he's also shagging a fukin ride.
I'm sure he doesn't really give a fuk

Yer no kiddin. With that plume of ginger arse hair stitched into his skull, she a far greater wid than common sense should allow. Fair play.

I quite like Jacob when you know he is at the wind up. I may be wrong but I am sure he said last night that the leave vote in Scotland was as close as you can get to 40%. If his pedantry extends to sums, then 39% would be that figure. I think it was 32% which is much closer to 30%. If Jacob's approach to sums works like this he should replace Phillip Hammond as soon as possible and the UK deficit will vanish overnight.

2 minutes ago, mjw said:

Jacob seems quite the character until you actually see his voting record on things like same sex marriage, benefits and things that make him quite the c**t.

Yes I did see all that and he would never get my vote( Nor an other Tory) but it is good to shout at the telly when he gets so much wrong.

Having worked the weekend I'm only just catching up with last week's episode now and the feeling you get is that the audience members would fucking love to get shot of Scotland but want it to stay just out of sheer fucking spite.

None of them appear to be even remotely informed on the subject beyond their own petty prejudices and I guess that's the attitude the bulk of them took when they waltzed into the Brexit booths and used their cross to get rid of the browny looking person from a few doors down.

Joanna Cherry is an absolute star BTW ... the stunned silence when she expertly set the case for a second referendum was better than had she been met with a solid round of applause. "What about Spain!?" they demanded, I'll just fucko that question right out the room she replied.