Question Time

Elixir

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Question 1.

Should the referendum now be declared null and void in light of the latest allegations surrounding Arron Banks?

Answer 1.

Brexit means brexit!

Question 2.

What does brexit really mean though?

Answer 2.

Brexit!!!

14 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Clacton On Sea - this is UKIP heartland here and voted 70% in favour of leaving the EU. Defo a get the popcorn out episode.

Expect a lot of "leave means leave" and "we didn't vote for this"

Maybe it is not the right thing to say but sometimes I think climate change and rising sea levels can't happen quick enough.

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Is this awful or what?

Got to laugh at the sympathy attitude of politicians when they're talking about austerity to regular people. Almost as if they're trying to give the impression that they're suffering through it as well.

Is this awful or what?

I’m starting to think, that the only reason I watch this every week, is to see how shite it is, both the audience and panel. I’m sure there must be some scientific term that describes this masochistic tendency?

You can see how the P&B audience have left this programme in droves by the meagre number of posts this thread receives on a Thursday evening.

Folk who genuinely think that spending is going to increase back to pre-2010 levels are going to be sorely disappointed. “When will Clacton see things improve?” Never. The IFS have been screaming from the rooftops that local government cuts are still working their way through the system - but let’s igbore them and get goons from the IEA and ASI on.

This is the “new normal”. Permanently reduced spending levels, which was the intention all along. Nobody really gave a f**k about the debt (why would you at that point in time?) or the deficit but they provided pretext.