Question Time

Elixir

Oooh, Kate Andrews is on... an absolute legend at beasting deranged feminists. Has she tussled with McElvoy yet?

Not quite, they are both being over shadowed by the brilliant insights from the deeply thoughtful Shappi Khorsandi!

David Dimbleby’s introduction described her as a Comedian. Seems he was bang on.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Not quite, they are both being over shadowed by the brilliant insights from the deeply thoughtful Shappi Khorsandi!

David Dimbleby’s introduction described her as a Comedian. Seems he was bang on.

A diversity-selected panelist with nothing to say, really shocked about that.

Was earlier looking at this list of all episodes from the last 39 years, some actual sharp, educated middle- to heavyweights on the show throughout the 80s and 90s -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Question_Time_episodes

There's almost noone on with anything insightful, interesting, or educational to say any more, bar the odd appearance of Peter Hitchens or David Starkey. Dianne Abbot has had almost twenty appearances in the last 8 years, and a Blue Peter host was on earlier in the year :lol:

#killitwithfire

4 hours ago, banana said:

A diversity-selected panelist with nothing to say, really shocked about that.

Was earlier looking at this list of all episodes from the last 39 years, some actual sharp, educated middle- to heavyweights on the show throughout the 80s and 90s -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Question_Time_episodes

There's almost noone on with anything insightful, interesting, or educational to say any more, bar the odd appearance of Peter Hitchens or David Starkey. Dianne Abbot has had almost twenty appearances in the last 8 years, and a Blue Peter host was on earlier in the year :lol:

#killitwithfire

Doesn't look like it's going to get any better, anytime soon.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/kirsty-wark-formally-applies-question-13128339

Interesting to look at the list of all episodes.

One of my favourites was with Ken Livingstone and A.J.P. Taylor.

One question was about London Underground and A.J.P. Taylor started laughing.

Robin Day: "Excuse me, did you want to say something?"
Taylor:  "No.  I just want to laugh."

Later when Robin Day asked him for his opinion, he replied
"I have no opinion.  It is of no interest to me at all."

He held a lot of opinions that people would strongly oppose but when it came to the London Underground, he had none.

6 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Doesn't look like it's going to get any better, anytime soon.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/kirsty-wark-formally-applies-question-13128339

Four airhead feminist journalists, and Nick fucking Robinson.

Image result for head in hands

I suppose Wark at least has something more going for her in her age/experience/toughness.

1 hour ago, banana said:

Four airhead feminist journalists, and Nick fucking Robinson.

Image result for head in hands

I suppose Wark at least has something more going for her in her age/experience/toughness.

If Robinson got the gig that would be enough to turn me off QT for life.

I'm by no means a fan of Andrew Neil, but even he would be a better choice than Robinson, See here this attack on his beloved Tory friends :

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2018/feb/21/bbcs-andrew-neil-challenges-minister-to-defend-corbyn-spy-smears-video

24 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Would you take her in a square go on current affairs? 

Depends what you mean.

In terms of information she has to cliff note on, she's no doubt prepared broadly with it being part of her job.

In terms of a framework and context in which to assess that information, sure, no problem.

Again, she's the best of the rest, but it's not saying much.

Edited by banana

1 minute ago, banana said:

Depends what you mean.

In terms of information she has to cliff note on, she's no doubt prepared broadly with it being part of her job.

In terms of a framework and context in which to assess that information, sure, no problem.

Again, she's the best of the rest, but it's not saying much.

You know I enjoy your posts but I think you're wrong re Ms Husain. She's on the rise and has the credentials for a big career. Dead cert for the QT gig if quality counts. 

6 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

You know I enjoy your posts but I think you're wrong re Ms Husain. She's on the rise and has the credentials for a big career. Dead cert for the QT gig if quality counts. 

Fair enough, will wait and see I suppose, and I'd be delighted to be proved wrong and she could pull the show back from the brink.

You're bang on about the rising star bit, so she may well be leading the pack if QT continues its re-branding exercise - a fogey like Wark might be considered a step backwards.

Stunningly boring last night and I suspect masochism has indeed struck  me. The Leave majority did not seem as loud last night but I was trying to remember when a local MP was on such a panel in his own seat?  ( I know it was a last minute scenario) I was also hearing echoes of Fraser Nelson's weird accent from the Economist woman. I think Kate Andrews spoke more(not always to suit my biases) than any one but we ought to ask who actually funds the IEA?  As for the Labour guy he might as well have put in a recorded series of sound bites. The comedian I have yet to find funny in general.  On it's last legs till next week when I will no doubt tune in, if not turn on.

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Stunningly boring last night and I suspect masochism has indeed struck  me. The Leave majority did not seem as loud last night but I was trying to remember when a local MP was on such a panel in his own seat?  ( I know it was a last minute scenario) I was also hearing echoes of Fraser Nelson's weird accent from the Economist woman. I think Kate Andrews spoke more(not always to suit my biases) than any one but we ought to ask who actually funds the IEA?  As for the Labour guy he might as well have put in a recorded series of sound bites. The comedian I have yet to find funny in general.  On it's last legs till next week when I will no doubt tune in, if not turn on.

I nearly always tune in. Frequently don't make it to the end (Inc last night). 

Should just get one of the locals to present every week.

Question Time, presented by Wayne, live from Bognor.

'Well, the reason we should have a second referendum is ...'

'f**k up Chukka you nonce, Nigel, tell him he's going back home when we get the Brexit what we voted for'

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Fiona Bruce is a dead cert imo. One day a week for her on a high profile salary, good PR for the BBC sharing out the big jobs from the boy's club. Everyone likes her and she's not thick. Any bookies actually offering odds on it?