Question Time

Elixir

I've never claimed its the end game, and fully accept that a 2nd Ref is in the pipeline, what are you going to do in the meantime? Just moan and whinge!?

Nope. But absolutely continue to point out the utter gulf between how the people of Scotland think the country should be managed when set against the decisions taken by a party with almost zero relevance here. The political map is very much yellow now and it's nothing to do with one party states or lack of democracy. And if the same principles on voting eligibility had been applied to the Scottish referendum as are being applied to the EU referendum we'd have been looking at a lot narrower gap than 10%. No reason at all why EU citizens resident in the UK shouldn't be voting in June.

Nope. But absolutely continue to point out the utter gulf between how the people of Scotland think the country should be managed when set against the decisions taken by a party with almost zero relevance here. The political map is very much yellow now and it's nothing to do with one party states or lack of democracy. And if the same principles on voting eligibility had been applied to the Scottish referendum as are being applied to the EU referendum we'd have been looking at a lot narrower gap than 10%. No reason at all why EU citizens resident in the UK shouldn't be voting in June.

Would you exclude UK residents who are not EU citizens?

British citizens who lived in other EU countries that held referendums on the EU constitution/Lisbon Treaty did not get a vote.

Would you exclude UK residents who are not EU citizens?

British citizens who lived in other EU countries that held referendums on the EU constitution/Lisbon Treaty did not get a vote.

Yes I'd exclude UK citizens who are not EU residents. What I'm after is a playing field that mirrors the criteria for voting in the 2014 referendum. Why would you let all sorts vote on the future of Scotland because they happened to live here at the time but not allow that group of people a similar level of input this time round?

If the BBC does actively seek to promote UKIP in a positive light, the last person they will be inviting onto any programme is David Coburn.

UKIP representatives tend not to present their party or policies in a positive light in general. The BBC simply seem to labour under the "all publicity is good publicity" view, ensuring that UKIP are at all times seen as a mainstream party whose views are still very worthy of constant airing. I would genuinely be surprised if UKIP *aren't* featured as Scotland's third party on QT. Delighted, but surprised.

Edited by Antlion

Yes I'd exclude UK citizens who are not EU residents. What I'm after is a playing field that mirrors the criteria for voting in the 2014 referendum. Why would you let all sorts vote on the future of Scotland because they happened to live here at the time but not allow that group of people a similar level of input this time round?

Non Scots resident in Scotland = 'All Sorts', Not people who live and work here, not people with an opinion or a right to vote, not people who make a valuable contribution to society with a view on how the country is governed?

They are not Scottish, they are just 'All Sorts' !! how long have you been canvassing for UKIP HTG?

If only the allsorts weren't allowed to vote we would have been independent :(

Good job the Jelly babies are under voting age,

they are right mixed coloured bunch - God knows they can't be Scottish and definitely vote the right way.

We demand a Tartan Jelly Baby for a true Scottish balance.

That's a different issue. My question was "Would you exclude UK residents who are not EU citizens?" I was referring to UK residents who are not UK citizens but citizens of non-EU countries, e.g. India, Pakistan, China etc.

On your point, there are many UK citizens who have to work in non-EU countries. It would be very unfair to take their vote away.

That's a different issue. My question was "Would you exclude UK residents who are not EU citizens?" I was referring to UK residents who are not UK citizens but citizens of non-EU countries, e.g. India, Pakistan, China etc.

Yes. Why would you not?

UKIP representatives tend not to present their party or policies in a positive light in general. The BBC simply seem to labour under the "all publicity is good publicity" view, ensuring that UKIP are at all times seen as a mainstream party whose views are still very worthy of constant airing. I would genuinely be surprised if UKIP *aren't* featured as Scotland's third party on QT. Delighted, but surprised.

Constantly repeating this bullshit won't make it correct.

On your point, there are many UK citizens who have to work in non-EU countries. It would be very unfair to take their vote away.

Well we can go round the houses but the point I'm making - and you understand it perfectly well as does Red Rob - is that there are people who were allowed to vote on whether Scotland should leave the UK who are now being denied a vote on whether the UK should leave Europe. If these folk were seen as worthy of inclusion in one, why not include them in the other. The rest of the whataboutery is just that. I'm only highlighting the categories of people allowed to vote in 2014 and those allowed to vote in 2016. Why differentiate?