Question Time

Elixir

I feel naturally inclined towards centralised power but I feel that now (with separate parliaments, post Indy-ref etc) federalism is the only option. Accepting that, the prospect of a Northern or Yorkshire parliament excites me.

Shortly before the referendum the only thing that made me consider changing my vote was musing over the issue of federalism vs centralised government. As someone who wants strong centralised government the logical conclusion was to vote for the situation that would best lead to one: an independent Scottish state with one parliament. Scotland is probably too small to bother with federalism, one parliament (one chamber) in Edinburgh is enough, we've a state small enough to rid ourselves of the notion of federalism. I still find it an intriguing and tempting prospect.

Thot u lived in england for years? How did you get a vote in referendum?

Why? We were talking about not getting the government we voted for. Country, region, constituency, town or village matters not. It doesn't make you any more hard done by.

Berwick votes Liberal. Cowdenbeath votes Labour. How does Cowdenbeath not get a say in governing of the UK because it's in Scotland, but Berwick does because it's in England?

1. No campaign claims it.

2. Berwick is not a nation.

They don't give a shit.

I don't think it's a bad panel tbh.

You're certainly easily pleased BM, Self = ok , well past it, party line ad nauseam, partyline ad nauseam, taxpayers what? (But wid). Not worth watching but waiting for the Jockestan question Edited by bob the tank