Question Time

Elixir

This week's panel:

Liam Fox MP

Kate Hoey MP

Paddy Ashdown

Leanne Wood AM

Tim Martin (founder of Wetherspoon)

That's 3 "out" and 2 "in", which is interesting because when QT came to Scotland during the Independence referendum they either reduced the panel to 4, or increased it to 6 so there was balance.

Wasn't the 4 one for a referendum special? This isn't a referendum special.

When Question Time was held in Dundee earlier this year I'm pretty sure Tim Stanley was the only one you could even call a Eurosceptic on the panel.

This week's panel:

Liam Fox MP

Kate Hoey MP

Paddy Ashdown

Leanne Wood AM

Tim Martin (founder of Wetherspoon)

That's 3 "out" and 2 "in", which is interesting because when QT came to Scotland during the Independence referendum they either reduced the panel to 4, or increased it to 6 so there was balance. 

^ Wow! I must admit that is a very pro-Leave panel. I would have expected a senior pro-EU Labour politician to be included. Ben Bradshaw, the local Labour MP, would have been a better choice.

Wasn't the 4 one for a referendum special? This isn't a referendum special.

When Question Time was held in Dundee earlier this year I'm pretty sure Tim Stanley was the only one you could even call a Eurosceptic on the panel.

It wasn't a referendum special, it just happened to be in Scotland (Dundee, coincidentally). 

I'd have thought that now the campaign has officially started, all BBC output would aim for EU balance. Which is possible while retaining party balance for other issues as well. 

From the end of April we will have an alternative to QT for our topical debate. Sky are launching 'The Pledge', featuring such luminaries as Graeme Le Saux, Boris Johnson's sister and our very own Baroness Mone.

Can't wait.

Tonight at 8.30pm on sky news.

Was that last woman your typical Brit? Doesn't know exactly what will change or how it will affect her, so is against change.

It must be really difficult to win a referendum when you are on the side of the lot who want change.

Paddy Ashdown talking absolute shite. Embarrassing that this is the best remain can do

When he started his shite about Putin, that was when i started rolling my eyes and a swear word came out. Reduced to trying to shit the public up about 'the Russians are coming' to save the EU pig trough. Shameless.

When he started his shite about Putin, that was when i started rolling my eyes and a swear word came out. Reduced to trying to shit the public up about 'the Russians are coming' to save the EU pig trough. Shameless.

That was appalling - echoes of Ruth Davidson in the Scottish referendum. But Kate Hoey and the Wetherspoons loon on the end were equally bad. According to Hoey, Obama is "patronising and hypocritical" for wanting to the UK "not to be independent" when America is. It really must take one hypocrite to know one, given she and her party opposed Scotland's independence but won't accept what they believe to be the UK's. Once again, it's "take back control ... but not you lot."

What an absolute hypocrite Liam fox is by the way. His argument last night amounted to 'a country should make their own decisions'. Clearly he doesn't feel that about the country he was born in. He had the cheek to criticise nationalism then. Another Scottish Nationalism = bad, British nationalism = good cretin.

Also his stance on Obama:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/19/liam-fox-barack-obama-keep-out-eu-referendum-debate

Compared to 2 years ago:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/471553/Liam-Fox-urges-foreign-states-to-help-fight-Scottish-independence-bid

He even had the gall to use the EU as an argument against independence.