Question Time

Elixir

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sorry... I don't buy that for a minute.

I've certainly seen and heard plenty moaning and groaning about Johnny Foreigner taking their jobs.

You're right and I don't deny that. I'm saying Ever closer Political Union was the  main driver of Brexit and immigration was almost certainly 2nd to that.

I know people who have been waiting for decades to vote us out of the EU.

Most people I know don't object to immigration per se just the complete and utter mishandling of immigration and the lack of planning for the high numbers that have arrived over the last 10-12 years........

2 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

You're right and I don't deny that. I'm saying Ever closer Political Union was the  main driver of Brexit and immigration was almost certainly 2nd to that.

I know people who have been waiting for decades to vote us out of the EU.

Most people I know don't object to immigration per se just the complete and utter mishandling of immigration and the lack of planning for the high numbers that have arrived over the last 10-12 years........

High numbers of Brits have also come to settle in Spain over the years, and many Spanish have headed for the UK.

What's wrong with that?

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sorry... I don't buy that for a minute.

I've certainly seen and heard plenty moaning and groaning about Johnny Foreigner taking their jobs.

Are you seriously suggesting the brexit majority wanted to get out of the single market? 

Probably not out of the single market tbh.

However we may yet negotiate access to it but not  if it means being unable to have our own national borders policy.

That's what the negotiations are about......

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

High numbers of Brits have also come to settle in Spain over the years, and many Spanish have headed for the UK.

What's wrong with that?

I'll ask your neighbours, ha ha.

Nothing wrong with it. I don't think settling abroad will be affected by Brexit.  There a plenty of people who settle in the UK who aren't in the EU and plenty of Brits who live outwith the EU  so I'm not sure us not being in the EU affects the right of people to settle elsewhere

NHS is strapped for cash and Farron  is too gutless to admit charging foreigners is the  pragmatic approach.

If Farron is the future of the Lib Dems, they'll remain firmly on the sidelines!

Chris Leslie, a pathetic Blairite apologist, the Tories have a free run for the next 10 years at least!

I worked for him 30 years ago he's a Tory but that apart the family have fostered loads of kids and he has employed ex prisoners in the shoe repair business.A mixed bag really.

That explains how they branched out into key copying.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

If Farron is the future of the Lib Dems, they'll remain firmly on the sidelines!

Chris Leslie, a pathetic Blairite apologist, the Tories have a free run for the next 10 years at least!

Indeed.

Well done Tony fucking Blair. A shame all the talk of prosecuting him for war crimes seems now to have died a death.