The Maureens v Steelmen 6 pointer 20/12/14

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look Bobby all this nonsense about coaches telling our players to target Thomson is just that, nonsense.IF that was the case then it would surely be the player in your team with the shortest fuse we would be targetting (Goodwin).

It might happen in the amateurs/Juniors but I havent seen any evidence that it routinely happens at our level as there are too many eyes on the players in the form of TV cameras.

Thommo had taken a couple of hefty tackles got a bit frustrated and saw the red mist (totally out of character I might add). Loads of players have done it at some stage in their careers.

If the ref had called it from 30 yards away then I would see your argumenr but it happened right under his nose and he had his card out before even walking over.

It's one of those situations where you take it up the arse and move on.

On Saturday after the first hefty tackle from behind on Thomson

Kenny Black came off his seat and started applauding O Brien and shouting at boy to keep it up

So on Saturday that was clearly the case on Thomson

Wasn't tannahills or west end villa you were playing by any chance? Played in p and d for 3 seasons couldn't wait to get out of that league

Tannahills weren't like that one of the soft marks

Nia Roo or a Feegie team from the 1980s now you're talking

On Saturday after the first hefty tackle from behind on Thomson

Kenny Black came off his seat and started applauding O Brien and shouting at boy to keep it up

So on Saturday that was clearly the case on Thomson

But there are none so blind as those who won't see apparently.

It's not rocket science to think it would make sense for teams to do that (and wind up guys in the opposition with a short fuse - Imrie, Hartley etc) and it was exactly what appeared to be happening on Saturday.

Well fans should be delighted that their streetwise management team did something that helped them win the game rather than try to pretend that we're playing croquet.

Tannahills weren't like that one of the soft marks

Nia Roo or a Feegie team from the 1980s now you're talking

Tannahills most certainly were. There whole team sideline tried to start fighting with us when we won the league against them.

Thought this gave a chuckle or two.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11228661/10-incontrovertible-truths-every-Sunday-league-footballer-knows.html

Though I think this bloke never played in any really rough leagues.

Court and criminal injuries compensation doesn't even get mentioned once :-)

Look Bobby all this nonsense about coaches telling our players to target Thomson is just that, nonsense.IF that was the case then it would surely be the player in your team with the shortest fuse we would be targetting (Goodwin).

It might happen in the amateurs/Juniors but I havent seen any evidence that it routinely happens at our level as there are too many eyes on the players in the form of TV cameras.

Thommo had taken a couple of hefty tackles got a bit frustrated and saw the red mist (totally out of character I might add). Loads of players have done it at some stage in their careers.

If the ref had called it from 30 yards away then I would see your argumenr but it happened right under his nose and he had his card out before even walking over.

It's one of those situations where you take it up the arse and move on.

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not suggesting they were told to go out there and injure him.

Just that our biggest goal threat was coming back from injury and at 36 was not fully fit - so hit him hard a few times early on and see what happens.

Sadly for Saints, it bore a lot more fruit than they'd have expected - with us losing on Saturday and it making our job much harder in our next two games.

So after all the whining and seething from the St Mirren fans about the "worst refereeing performance ever", it turns out that the only clear error was giving a guy offside when he was about half a yard on.

Not to mention the "disallowed goal" was more like time-wasting/kicking the ball away than being a disallowed goal, since practially everyone in a Motherwell shirt stopped.

No. Motherwell player got a toe to the ball & made incidental contact with McLean who, in my view, "went down easily"

No doubt elementary will say that McLean was over compensating on his left hand side because of McManus's right footed challenge which caused him to lose his balance and propel himself downwards in an involountary forward motion

:lol: where have I claimed conspiracy? Refs make mistakes.

You're just not willing to properly consider anything other than your conclusion. Thomson was spun round backwards by the collision whereas if he has studded O'Brien just before that photo was taken he would have certainly fallen forwards. You cannae defy the laws of physics! IMO those aren't stud marks, at least not from this incident.

Must have been a dive then and he must have angled his own right foot up round onto his left thigh to create the stud marks :1eye It's all a big anti-St. Mirren conspiracy!

No. Motherwell player got a toe to the ball & made incidental contact with McLean who, in my view, "went down easily"

Definitely NOT a penalty - as I thought at the time.

Still more of a penalty than St Johnstone's was yesterday though :)

But there are none so blind as those who won't see apparently.

It's not rocket science to think it would make sense for teams to do that (and wind up guys in the opposition with a short fuse - Imrie, Hartley etc) and it was exactly what appeared to be happening on Saturday.

Well fans should be delighted that their streetwise management team did something that helped them win the game rather than try to pretend that we're playing croquet.

Tbf Goodwin spent a game last season constantly kicking May whenever he could get close to him, so you might be on to something

Tbf Goodwin spent a game last season constantly kicking May whenever he could get close to him, so you might be on to something

I absolutely would believe that that had been intentional.

It's a no brainer - look at the oppositions biggest threat and do what you can to nullify them. Preferably within the laws of the game, but if you have to transgress try not to get caught.

Clearly Goodwin has zero chance of playing that game anymore, whereas the likes of Lasley are still walking the walk.

Boaby your life is just one long conspiracy theory isn't it?

Not at all.

Goodwin has had his card marked. Anything he does in the 'gamesmanship' side of things will be scrutinised and he'll be punished.

Well fans have regularly boasted about how Lasley is 'clever' enough to do the same kind of things but stay under the radar.

Archived