The Maureens v Steelmen 6 pointer 20/12/14

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reading this thread fully!!!

Ooft chuckle chuckle our buddy Buddies are not a happy bunch.

Having seen the highlights it's a definite red card, Tess was onside and goal was inconclusive IMO.

We have had more than our fair share of poor decisions against us that have cost us points, Dundee Utd offside, Celtic Penalty etc this season so far so maybe they do even out over a year. Few more to go in our favour to look out for, happy days.

The worse challenge in the game was Craig Reid kung fu kick on Naismith which Naismith ends up carded

Unbelievable Jeff

If Thommo’s was a red, which I accept some/most refs would have given, then Reid’s was definitely a red. Especially given Reid also was worked up from the time-wasting incident that had happened a few seconds earlier.

Also, having watched Sportscene now, Goodwillie’s tackle should have been a red.

At least the officials are consistently inconsistent :rolleyes:.

PS: Good to see Draper at ICT getting a red card at long last though!

Also, having watched Sportscene now, Goodwillie’s tackle should have been a red.

You wot m8?

Re. the Reid incident, I thought both players' feet were high and Naismith made a meal of minimum contact.

What :lol:

Goodwillie was chasing the player to try and win the ball back after losing it. He tried to tackle the player and fouled him. It wasn't malicious or dangerous and a yellow card was the correct decision.

Goodwillie saw he had no chance of getting the ball, but still went in and caught the player on the shin with his studs.

I think the very fact the player on the receiving end of the tackle got stretchered off shows it was dangerous.

You wot m8?

Re. the Reid incident, I thought both players' feet were high and Naismith made a meal of minimum contact.

For some reason they ignored it on the BBC, but the first highlights link someone posted on Saturday night showed it was not minimal contact.

Although as we know the amount of contact isn't necessarily a factor in itself.

You wot m8?

Means nothing.

Ah, okay, bit slow on the uptake.

Can't believe after all these years I still give people the benefit of the doubt and think their posts are meant to be serious.

I take this place very seriously. That's two serious posts you've quoted. I don't understand why you think I'd be anything other than serious given the fallout from this game.

Eh naw... if you think you could not only see the minute detail of the challenge from half the pitch away, with the players backs towards you, but also be able to judge Thomson's intent then you are seriously deluded!

Look at the photo again. Thomson got his leg in front of o'brien but o'brien has just won the ball with his right foot. His momentum is about to take his left leg through the back of Thomson's right leg immediately thereafter.

Must have been a dive then and he must have angled his own right foot up round onto his left thigh to create the stud marks :1eye It's all a big anti-St. Mirren conspiracy!

Since we came back up to the Premiership, I've noted that the Buddies on here weren't their usual selves.

This is the St Mirren we know and love. Welcome back.

Got to agree.... Starting to find myself liking the Saints guys these days but this is a true return to form.

All is well again with the world!

Didn't you see your fans foaming at the mouth, slamming the advertising boards and throwing objects at the referee yesterday? :1eye

Deflect all you like.

The particular group of wee fannies that were rightly targeted, are nothing but pond life.

Deflect all you like.

The particular group of wee fannies that were rightly targeted, are nothing but pond life.

Yup, that food bank collection they arranged before last weeks game perfectly summed up their "pond life" status.

Rightly targeted? For what...?

Archived