The Maureens v Steelmen 6 pointer 20/12/14

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm serious. Let's here your rebuttal.

Okay...

O'Brien was involved in the red card incident. He also had two or three really heavy challenges previous to that (no doubt under instruction). Thommo complained to the ref about him not being yellowed for them - allowing him to make the challenge that led to the red card.

If the red card is given for Thompson lashing out in revenge, then I'd argue showing what happened before that was valid.

The offside goal and penalty - whether you think they were correct or incorrect decisions - were controversial nonetheless. If you don't have time to show them, then fair enough, but to prioritise a nothing moment from Well over any of those is not a sensible call.

The bit especially about saying they showed that weak cross to highlight Well's poor play is why I asked if you were serious. It's just a bizarre thing to say.

I've seen them say things like, "such a dull half, we're showing nothing of it". By your argument they'd have showed some bits of crap play to highlight it.

Fair enough if there really is nothing better to show, but that wasn't the case yesterday.

St Mirren fans are tragic.

They have deserted Dundee threads in droves since it became clear there was massive gap in ability between the sides.

They are now resorting to gloating over their own defeats to the victorious teams supporters? Funny bunch.

St Mirren fans are tragic.

They have deserted Dundee threads in droves since it became clear there was massive gap in ability between the sides.

They are now resorting to gloating over their own defeats to the victorious teams supporters? Funny bunch.

It's a long time ago now, but pretty sure the last time Saints put a decent run together, our usual hordes of followers from other teams went awful quiet.

Don't follow other teams threads normally, but I do sometimes wonder if other teams have quite so many hangers on gloating over their poor results?

Okay...

O'Brien was involved in the red card incident. He also had two or three really heavy challenges previous to that (no doubt under instruction). Thommo complained to the ref about him not being yellowed for them - allowing him to make the challenge that led to the red card.

If the red card is given for Thompson lashing out in revenge, then I'd argue showing what happened before that was valid.

The offside goal and penalty - whether you think they were correct or incorrect decisions - were controversial nonetheless. If you don't have time to show them, then fair enough, but to prioritise a nothing moment from Well over any of those is not a sensible call.

The bit especially about saying they showed that weak cross to highlight Well's poor play is why I asked if you were serious. It's just a bizarre thing to say.

I've seen them say things like, "such a dull half, we're showing nothing of it". By your argument they'd have showed some bits of crap play to highlight it.

Fair enough if there really is nothing better to show, but that wasn't the case yesterday.

Ok you you are saying Thompson should be shown to be a thug who loses his temper due to routine fouls. "under instructions" is hilarious. Is Jim Goodwin under instructions to be an idiot thug? Mark O'Brien is really just not that good.

I'm not only saying the decisions for the offside and penalty were correct but that they were so obvious (except to the SEETHING Midden masses) that they weren't worthy of being highlighted.

Ok you you are saying Thompson should be shown to be a thug who loses his temper due to routine fouls. "under instructions" is hilarious. Is Jim Goodwin under instructions to be an idiot thug? Mark O'Brien is really just not that good.

I'm not only saying the decisions for the offside and penalty were correct but that they were so obvious (except to the SEETHING Midden masses) that they weren't worthy of being highlighted.

Yeah, if Thompson has reacted to previous challenges then I think (if you have time and nothing better to show) then you should show them.

And that if there are controversial decisions that you can clear up (if you have time and nothing better to show) then you should do that.

Anyone but a moron or an obtuse troll would agree.

And as to 'instructions', do you really think it's beyond probability that Well's management team (I believe Kenny Black is on it still?), would not ask their players to stick a few hard challenges in on our 36-year old, just returned from injury, not-fully fit talisman - hoping he would pick up another knock from a few heavy challenges?

The red card was an unexpected bonus.

In the Newscastle v Sunderland game that's just finished the pundits were saying that Sunderland would be taking every opportunity they could to put pressure on the 3rd choice Newcastle goalkeeper. Football management is about more than just football tactics, it's about getting whatever advantage you can - and if that means doing some things outside the laws of the game to get an advantage, they'll do it.

You must be naïve beyond belief if you don't think things like that happen.

And as to 'instructions', do you really think it's beyond probability that Well's management team (I believe Kenny Black is on it still?), would not ask their players to stick a few hard challenges in on our 36-year old, just returned from injury, not-fully fit talisman - hoping he would pick up another knock from a few heavy challenges?

The red card was an unexpected bonus.

You must be naïve beyond belief if you don't think things like that happen.

Head's gone.

Head's gone.

You genuinely don't think this was mentioned before the game?

Even at amateur football levels this happens.

If your management team were not trying to find any edge they could, they'd not be doing their jobs properly.

I suppose easier to say 'heads gone' than to actually try to argue an unwinnable point.

Disappointing though from someone who earlier was able to use the word 'rebuttal' in the correct context.

You genuinely don't think this was mentioned before the game?

Even at amateur football levels this happens.

If your management team were not trying to find any edge they could, they'd not be doing their jobs properly.

I suppose easier to say 'heads gone' than to actually try to argue an unwinnable point.

Disappointing though from someone who earlier was able to use the word 'rebuttal' in the correct context.

Heads gone.

You're clearly not. Completely away with it.

I actually quite enjoy debating differences of opinion on Saints related stuff; that's why I mainly post here rather than on Saints-specific sites.

I do appreciate there is a 'playground' approach from a large number of contributors to the site, and the whole default replies used instead of actually making points (GIFs, seething, verge of tears, heads gone etc etc) is tiresome for sure, but that's the nature of an open forum.

Even when you make incredibly obvious points about teams doing what they can to gain an edge you get what I assume are trolling responses - nobody can really be that dense.

I'd still rather than come along here, win lose or draw, than hide away.

As I said yesterday, this was the least bad defeat for us after a long line of defeats from which we could take no comfort or hope at all.

We played well, and will hopefully take that, plus a sense of grievance, in to the next few matches.

So I am fine - and thanks again for caring :)

The flaw with Bobbys plan is the fact Thompson can barely move three yards anyway, so hammering him with tackles doesnt help at all

Worst Motherwell side I've seen in past ten years to be honest. We may go down but based on yesterday the Buds have plenty of youth players coming through so its not all doom and gloom for us. That millionaire guy better get his cheque book out for Well though !

Yet still better than St Mirren. Ouch.

I actually quite enjoy debating differences of opinion on Saints related stuff; that's why I mainly post here rather than on Saints-specific sites.

I do appreciate there is a 'playground' approach from a large number of contributors to the site, and the whole default replies used instead of actually making points (GIFs, seething, verge of tears, heads gone etc etc) is tiresome for sure, but that's the nature of an open forum.

Even when you make incredibly obvious points about teams doing what they can to gain an edge you get what I assume are trolling responses - nobody can really be that dense.

I'd still rather than come along here, win lose or draw, than hide away.

As I said yesterday, this was the least bad defeat for us after a long line of defeats from which we could take no comfort or hope at all.

We played well, and will hopefully take that, plus a sense of grievance, in to the next few matches.

So I am fine - and thanks again for caring :)

seething.gif

Archived