The Maureens v Steelmen 6 pointer 20/12/14

You've got to love the Maureens eh???

Outplayed by 10 men for 70 mins? go and have a look at the match stats.

Mate if we're horrendous which tbh we have been what does that make you?

As one of your other posters said we will be looking over our shoulders at you, yeah watchin you prop up the league.

Accused of having thugs in our team when you still play the biggest thug in Scottish (if not British) football in Goodwin.

You might be bottom of the league in football terms but if there was a league table for moanin faced b*****ds you would be clear by 10 points at the top

Ooft. And I thought I was upset. You're a blubbering mess.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've yet to read a match thread where St Mirren didn't outplay the opposition.

I'm guessing this is your first foray into a St. Mirren thread this season then?

This is the first time since the first Motherwell match we've outplayed anyone.

St Mirren must be the unluckiest team in Scottish football. Forever having their players incorrectly sent off and/or punished by the compliance officer, and constantly losing games where they've played well.

Someone needs to get a witch doctor down to Paisley ASAP (as soon as possible).

You've got to love the Maureens eh???

Outplayed by 10 men for 70 mins? go and have a look at the match stats.

Mate if we're horrendous which tbh we have been what does that make you?

As one of your other posters said we will be looking over our shoulders at you, yeah watchin you prop up the league.

Accused of having thugs in our team when you still play the biggest thug in Scottish (if not British) football in Goodwin.

You might be bottom of the league in football terms but if there was a league table for moanin faced b*****ds you would be clear by 10 points at the top

I'm really sorry, genuinely didn't mean to upset you. To be honest the stats rarely tell the full story of a game, however as it happens St Mirren had more goal attempts, shots on target and corners than Motherwell. I wasn't moaning at all, was delighted with what I saw from my team yesterday, long may it continue.

Motherwell - 2 efforts in 90 mins against 10 men. St Mirren - ball legitimately in the next twice and both times chalked off by officials. One stone wall penalty refused. 9 corners to Well's 2.

We have slagged our team rotten this season with very few claiming we should have got more than we deserved. However yesterday we were robbed. But if we can continue like that with 11 men and a couple of new faces in January we will be ok.

I'm really sorry, genuinely didn't mean to upset you. To be honest the stats rarely tell the full story of a game, however as it happens St Mirren had more goal attempts, shots on target and corners than Motherwell. I wasn't moaning at all, was delighted with what I saw from my team yesterday, long may it continue.

Yeah true, and in a football match only one stat means a thing at the end of the day, and both times this season Motherwell have been far better in that stat.

Have to chuckle at some of the more smug 'well fans, though. To scrape an undeserved 1-0 victory from a match in which they were outplayed by 10 men for 70 minutes - dearie me. They had better keep looking over their shoulders as we are on the way back.

Had spoken to a few supporters of different teams who felt that Motherwell this season were as poor a premier league side as they had ever seen, assumed this must have been an exaggeration and just relative to the last few years they were struggling, however based on yesterday they truly are horrendous! I'm sure they will be delighted with the three points, but to absolutely mug a ten men team packed with wee boys from their youth academy should be little source of satisfaction, playing like that Motherwell are doomed.

Motherwell - 2 efforts in 90 mins against 10 men. St Mirren - ball legitimately in the next twice and both times chalked off by officials. One stone wall penalty refused. 9 corners to Well's 2.

We have slagged our team rotten this season with very few claiming we should have got more than we deserved. However yesterday we were robbed. But if we can continue like that with 11 men and a couple of new faces in January we will be ok.

Jim_You_Seem_Upset_GIF.jpg

Not upset at at all mate, quite the opposite in fact. Just thought I'd point out a few things that you missed 55%-45% possession in favour of the 'Well 4-2 shots on target in favour of the Maureens hardly supports the theory we were outplayed.

Still I'm happy for you that you think everything in your garden is so rosy.

The extended online highlights don't have time to show Saints offside goal, the penalty claim, or any of O'Brian's wild challenges prior to the red card incident.

They do though find time to sow a weak Well cross trundle in to Ridgers arms. And even show a replay of it.

Probably saving the stuff I mentioned in my first line for the show itself.

The extended online highlights don't have time to show Saints offside goal, the penalty claim, or any of O'Brian's wild challenges prior to the red card incident.

They do though find time to sow a weak Well cross trundle in to Ridgers arms. And even show a replay of it.

Probably saving the stuff I mentioned in my first line for the show itself.

It's a conspiracy so it is, never mind Boaby I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow

It's a conspiracy so it is, never mind Boaby I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow

None of the things I said are incorrect.

What's your call on why three important/controversial incidents were not shown, but a really ineffectual piece of Well play was?

None of the things I said are incorrect.

What's your call on why three important/controversial incidents were not shown, but a really ineffectual piece of Well play was?

No time to show bog standard free kicks. No yellows for them, just run of the mill free kicks. The penalty claim was laughable, it was clear the ball was won, no need to show that. The offside "goal", the flag was up straight away, everyone had stopped and the only reason the Midden player shot first time was he knew he had been given offside. I saw someone rip in a volley during halftime, should they have put that on the highlights?

The highlights showing ineffective Well play was the tone of the game. The story was we we're crap at building from the back and couldn't really work the ten of St Mirren so it shouldn't be a surprise when the highlights reflect that.

Worst Motherwell side I've seen in past ten years to be honest. We may go down but based on yesterday the Buds have plenty of youth players coming through so its not all doom and gloom for us. That millionaire guy better get his cheque book out for Well though !

No time to show bog standard free kicks. No yellows for them, just run of the mill free kicks. The penalty claim was laughable, it was clear the ball was won, no need to show that. The offside "goal", the flag was up straight away, everyone had stopped and the only reason the Midden player shot first time was he knew he had been given offside. I saw someone rip in a volley during halftime, should they have put that on the highlights?

The highlights showing ineffective Well play was the tone of the game. The story was we we're crap at building from the back and couldn't really work the ten of St Mirren so it shouldn't be a surprise when the highlights reflect that.

Not sure if serious.

Archived