The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange that Pepper's starting for the reserves given his rumoured injury/performance on Saturday. Does this give Duffy and excuse to leave him on the bench again?

He hasn't played a full match for a while. Don't think it's anything other than getting some game time

EDIT - Pepper only played 1st half

Rae was apparently slevvering about sustainability and part-time football again on Alba at half-time; utterly hilarious, given Tidser has been signed to the club until 2017 now.

So unless he will be training on his own on Monday mornings by then, full-time football may well outlive Rae, regardless of the losses he is racking up for his sprogs to deal with.

I found it particularly funny when Rae said something along the lines of: "We chose the worst possible year to go down"...

No, Douglas; You choose the worst possible year to take us down. You were a major factor in our demise last season, despite your petty attempts at blaming fans and what not.

The hints by his lackeys that we should be grateful to Rae for, err, resigning two players he allowed to leave over a complete pittance 18 months ago - causing the worst 18 month spell in the club's history in the process and losing well over £400k of revenue - is the funniest part for me.

I'm sure today's issue of the Gazette is a treat.

I found it particularly funny when Rae said something along the lines of: "We chose the worst possible year to go down"...

No, Douglas; You choose the worst possible year to take us down. You were a major factor in our demise last season, despite your petty attempts at blaming fans and what not.

He seems to get a wee bit confused at times.

Right, time for some happy clapping! Of course I'd rather Tidser could start playing for us right now. No argument there. But......... as others have stated, I'd still rather we had him at the start of next season than some other team. He's not ancient and he seems the committed type, so I'm sure he can manage not to lose his edge between now and then. And here's the other thing. I counted (roughly) that there are 27 weeks until the start of next season. Douglas Rae has been splashing the cash lately anyway, so if he were to pay him £1k per week for those weeks, it would amount to £27k of an 'investment'. Peanuts to him ;-) And, maybe the fiscal wizards out there can come in, that figure could be reduced as a tax deductible expense in some manner(s), reducing it considerably? To repeat-I'm not blinkered to an almighty f*ck up-but perhaps a positive can be taken from it. Am I going to get ridiculed for this post or do some of you see the logic?

Right, time for some happy clapping! Of course I'd rather Tidser could start playing for us right now. No argument there. But......... as others have stated, I'd still rather we had him at the start of next season than some other team. He's not ancient and he seems the committed type, so I'm sure he can manage not to lose his edge between now and then. And here's the other thing. I counted (roughly) that there are 27 weeks until the start of next season. Douglas Rae has been splashing the cash lately anyway, so if he were to pay him £1k per week for those weeks, it would amount to £27k of an 'investment'. Peanuts to him ;-) And, maybe the fiscal wizards out there can come in, that figure could be reduced as a tax deductible expense in some manner(s), reducing it considerably? To repeat-I'm not blinkered to an almighty f*ck up-but perhaps a positive can be taken from it. Am I going to get ridiculed for this post or do some of you see the logic?

Only when it suits! :thumbsdown

^^^ Gillian's husband

^^^ Gillian's husband

:P Wondered how long it would take to get a response like that, given that it was my first post! Seriously though, I'm not linked at all. If you could get on the other effin site you would see that I've been posting for years under the same name there. Or do I protest too much? ^_^

^^^ Gillian's husband

:P Wondered how long it would take to get a response like that, given that it was my first post! Seriously though, I'm not linked at all. If you could get on the other effin site you would see that I've been posting for years under the same name there. Or do I protest too much? ^_^

Marriage certificate paperwork not verified? :P

I see Bet Victor have now added Peter MacDonald to the top scorer list at 40/1.

Only 8 behind leader Colin McMenamin. Got to be worth a cheeky tenner.

Two games against Stirling to play as well. Have to be racking up the goal difference in those games as well.

MacDonald + Caldwell v Chris Smith and Craig Wedderburn: Alba would have to broadcast that well after the watershed.

I see Bet Victor have now added Peter MacDonald to the top scorer list at 40/1.

Only 8 behind leader Colin McMenamin. Got to be worth a cheeky tenner.

If Peaso achieves that, we're more than likely to be champions. May as well go for a tenner on the double for a £1500 return.

Archived