Royal Rumble 2015

Quentin Taranbino

Last year's rumble, DA Baracus, myself and a couple of others sat down to watch the event. After some beers had been consumed, I thought it would be a brilliant idea if we all made lists of which order we thought the participants would enter and who would win. Imagine my disappointment when Chris Benoit didn't enter 6th!

Good times. Nation Of Domination!

Your list was a total disgrace though, you vile, vile man

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we get a couple of decent surprise entrants this year. JBL and Godfather were a pure waste this year, think they both got laid out within seconds. My favourite surprise entrance has got to be Jericho in 2013 at #2, was brilliant. Cena's comeback was amazing too, totally unexpected and Triple H's face is a picture when his music hits.

Best elimination for me in the RR was when Rikishi eliminated Too Cool in 2000 after dancing with them. Think it took 6 men to eventually get Rikishi out. Fucking love a Royal Rumble.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31nwf_wwe-too-cool-dance-rikishi-scotty-2_news

Hopefully we get a couple of decent surprise entrants this year. JBL and Godfather were a pure waste this year, think they both got laid out within seconds. My favourite surprise entrance has got to be Jericho in 2013 at #2, was brilliant. Cena's comeback was amazing too, totally unexpected and Triple H's face is a picture when his music hits.

Best elimination for me in the RR was when Rikishi eliminated Too Cool in 2000 after dancing with them. Think it took 6 men to eventually get Rikishi out. Fucking love a Royal Rumble.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31nwf_wwe-too-cool-dance-rikishi-scotty-2_news

It's such an easy way to build rivalrys and/or split up tag teams.

For example, you could easily build a feud on Goldust vs Cody on Goldust eliminating Cody. Then admission of his feelings of jealousy etc about his younger brother once the story progresses.

Knowing who is likely to win kills it to an extent, but it's all about how they force you to suspend your disbelief.

One of my favourite RRs recently was the one (2011?) when Santino made the final 2 with ADR. Everyone knew there was no way he would win it, but the way they built him into the final 2 made you think "Maybe, just maybe...", and that is what the RR is all about.

Wonder which legend will get a wee run out.

Kurt Angle to win the rumble, it's a pipe dream but I'll be in denial until Reigns eliminates the last man.

The sooner Vince takes a step back from creative and allows the same levels of freedom HHH and co get with NXT the better. NXT's ppv last month was incredible, and no where near as predictable as what's going on in the main roster.

Not a chance of HHH winning it. I'd be surprised if he was in it at all.

The point of winning it is for the title shot at Mania. Always has been, always will be. They don't need to waste the Rumble on HHH challenging Cena to bring back The Authority. Pretty sure HHH will be facing Sting at Mania anyway.

Reigns is almost definitely winning it. Ambrose and Bryan are outsiders. Ziggler and Wyatt are the only others who could be in with some sort of miniscule chance.

I've only started watching this again a couple of months ago, but when you look back at stuff like that you realise how shit the product is now.

The 2000 Rumble was absolutely excellent from start to finish, except Mae Youngs tits. Still watch the Street Fight when I'm hungover and just looking through YouTube

Lets hear everyones thoughts on:

1. Best Rumble of all time

2. Best Rumble Elimination

3. Worst Rumble Elimination

4. Best Rumble spot

5. Someone who should have won rumble that now never will (i.e retired/dead etc)

6. Someone that shouldn't have won the rumble

7. Best Rumble surprise entrant

8. What surprise entrant would you would mark out for the most if you heard their music at the 2015 Rumble

9. If Reigns got injured again before the Rumble, who do you think WWE would have win it and go on to Mania?

1. Best Rumble of all time

2. Best Rumble Elimination

- Rikishi punting out Too Cool after dancing with them in 2000

3. Worst Rumble Elimination

- Mil Mascaras in 1997

4. Best Rumble spot

- The Hurricane trying to double chokeslam HHH and Stone Cold in 2002

5. Someone who should have won rumble that now never will (i.e retired/dead etc)

- CM Punk

6. Someone that shouldn't have won the rumble

- Alberto Del Rio

7. Best Rumble surprise entrant

- Chris Jericho in 2013. Just edging out Mr Perfect in 2002

8. What surprise entrant would you would mark out for the most if you heard their music at the 2015 Rumble

- Assuming you're talking about realistic options, The Hurricane

9. If Reigns got injured again before the Rumble, who do you think WWE would have win it and go on to Mania?

- Ambrose or Ziggler

Archived