Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

There is the Zapruder images and the moon landing images in the public domain, yet some people remain to be convinced, you can't win either way.

But where are the stars, and why does the flag wave maaaan?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the ''could've been me'' patter is used jokingly on here but when you walk down that road a few times a week, it really makes it sink in that this has happened to, and been witnessed by regular folk.

Seeing something like that would be absolutely horrific, and i'm guessing a fair few watched it happen. Can't even imagine how i'd feel in that situation

I guess nobody should have filmed 9/11 then? Hillsborough or the Vietnam war?

I think photos and footage from disasters serve a pretty distinct purpose and it's important from a historical and evidential purpose. If this was a criminal event that occurred that stuff could be the evidence required to bring somebody to justice. I can't say why somebody would film a tragedy but I for one am glad people do record and document such events, can you imagine if we had no footage of the Ethiopian famine, no photos of the siege of Sydney Street.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that this event has quite the same gravity as the above but I think the world is a richer place for documenting extensively the tragic as well as the fantastic since the invention of the camera. IIRC there was a popular thread of important and interesting photos, incidentally many of the takers of those were not doing the "right thing".

Missing the point. People's motives are being questioned rather than how the information is eventually being used. Do you honestly think when people are filming they are thinking of the judicial process of collecting evidence? As far as documenting social history, will the presence of several news agencies not suffice?

If, hypothetically, you were dying on the street from a car crash, would you think it ok for people to whip out their phones to record it? Would your family?

Regardless of how the information is ultimately used, I think the majority of people recording events like this are simply taking ghoulish rubber necking to the next level.

Seeing something like that would be absolutely horrific, and i'm guessing a fair few watched it happen. Can't even imagine how i'd feel in that situation

This, I crossed the lights at Argyle Street where it turns into Queen Street at about half 2, give or take 10 minutes and im really glad I wasn't witness to it. The reports of bodies, body parts and people Christmas shopping scattered on the street is nothing short of horrific and I'm glad to be spared that. Truly horrible day.

Missing the point. People's motives are being questioned rather than how the information is eventually being used. Do you honestly think when people are filming they are thinking of the judicial process of collecting evidence? As far as documenting social history, will the presence of several news agencies not suffice?

If, hypothetically, you were dying on the street from a car crash, would you think it ok for people to whip out their phones to record it? Would your family?

Regardless of how the information is ultimately used, I think the majority of people recording events like this are simply taking ghoulish rubber necking to the next level.

I think in some instances certainly people may be thinking of the judicial process, particularly where it's more obvious than this case that a crimes has or is being committed. I said I don't know why people do it, I'm not arguing over the morals of it, I'm not bothered about that much, but I'm glad these things are recorded. News agencies aren't always there and at any rate they sometimes don't record these sorts of things in the same 1st hand angle the video recordings do, sometimes the present a completely different perspective. As for me being filmed dying in a car crash, I doubt I'd give a f**k frankly so long as I was being suitably assisted, but I accept not everybody has my attitude. I take it you've never taken a wee look at a car accident as you've driven past?

I think in some instances certainly people may be thinking of the judicial process, particularly where it's more obvious than this case that a crimes has or is being committed. I said I don't know why people do it, I'm not arguing over the morals of it, I'm not bothered about that much, but I'm glad these things are recorded. News agencies aren't always there and at any rate they sometimes don't record these sorts of things in the same 1st hand angle the video recordings do, sometimes the present a completely different perspective. As for me being filmed dying in a car crash, I doubt I'd give a f**k frankly so long as I was being suitably assisted, but I accept not everybody has my attitude. I take it you've never taken a wee look at a car accident as you've driven past?

Fair enough. On the last point, yes I have as has everyone. However, it's a somewhat lesser morally questionable point in my view as I'm not recording it, bodies have been removed, and emergency services are there so I'm not staring at it instead of helping. A truer comparison would be seeing a crash right in front of you and instead of seeing if you can assist, getting the phone out to record it. I've not done that :)

Just seen this on Facebook, Lad has shut down his twitter after a backlash due to this sick fucking tweet. ITV News are reporting the police are investigating complaints regarding it. Hope the arsehole gets what he deserves.

The lassie who laughed at it as similarly shut hers down.

10885199_10205019187733284_8076725065771

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2014-12-22/police-investigate-offensive-twitter-message-following-glasgow-collision/

If I am honest, I find the filming thing weird. I widnae do it.

Not in a situation like this I wouldn't, not a chance. Be in utter shock, tweeting a photo would be the last thing on my mind. Tbh I even felt a bit strange/bad posting the topic on here to speak about, I just really wanted to know what had gone on, I'd seen it on twitter and not mentioned elsewhere. Each to their own though, I heard people were taking selfies outside that cafe in Sydney earlier in the week whilst the thing was going on which I was pretty annoyed about.

Guess we will know more about all this tomorrow.

Lad has shut down his twitter after a backlash due to this sick fucking tweet. ITV News are reporting the police are investigating complaints regarding it. Hope the arsehole gets what he deserves.

10885199_10205019187733284_8076725065771

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2014-12-22/police-investigate-offensive-twitter-message-following-glasgow-collision/

Fucking KazzaL90 ain't much better with that reply.

Not in a situation like this I wouldn't, not a chance. Be in utter shock, tweeting a photo would be the last thing on my mind. Tbh I even felt a bit strange/bad posting the topic on here to speak about, I just really wanted to know what had gone on, I'd seen it on twitter and not mentioned elsewhere. Each to their own though, I heard people were taking selfies outside that cafe in Sydney earlier in the week whilst the thing was going on which I was pretty annoyed about.

Guess we will know more about all this tomorrow.

I wouldnt feel right taking my phone out to film bodies and people getting CPR etc. But to be honest i couldnt stand and watch afterward like people always end up doing in these situations, not saying they are watching for bad reasons, some need to see it to believe it, some cant just take it in. But in those situations i think if i couldnt be of help in any way id move out the way for those who would. Saying it on here is one thing of course, no idea how id be in practice

Just seen this on Facebook, Lad has shut down his twitter after a backlash due to this sick fucking tweet. ITV News are reporting the police are investigating complaints regarding it. Hope the arsehole gets what he deserves.

The lassie who laughed at it as similarly shut hers down.10885199_10205019187733284_8076725065771http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2014-12-22/police-investigate-offensive-twitter-message-following-glasgow-collision/

What do you think he 'deserves' out of interest? It's obviously insensitive but at the end of the day it's just a tweet.

I've seen people respond to this which have contained the guys address and suggesting to send him "Christmas cards". Report it to Twitter and the relevant authorities will sort him out. Distributing his address is unacceptable.

Why is this tweet a police matter out of interest? Sure it's in extremely poor taste, and I'm in no way defending it, but does that merit the police being involved?

God help numerous P&B posters who post "jokey" comments on threads involving tragedies around the World.

Why is this tweet a police matter out of interest? Sure it's in extremely poor taste, and I'm in no way defending it, but does that merit the police being involved?

God help numerous P&B posters who post "jokey" comments on threads involving tragedies around the World.

I completely agree, you'd think the police would have better things to do than arrest people who write stuff on twitter.

Archived