Glasgow City Centre Crash

1320Lichtie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering/vaguely worried if it's someone I know. I don't know how long it normally takes in these kinds of situations, that's all.

If youhave a serious concern try to get a hold of them, if you can't phone the hotline.

Seeing some of the pictures, it looks like the truck ripped right through a private taxi.

when you see how it battered the taxi, and according to the news there it was flattening lamposts and bollards on the pavement, then you feel the people that were hit simply had no chance whatsoever

absolutely heartbreaking

Devastating news. Never a good place for something like this to happen, but that part of Glasgow must be one of the busiest.

Nice to see the media and certain eyewitnesses being their usual classy selves. :rolleyes:

yup, hopefully its down to shock but the wee 16yo guy on the news there wasnt exactly doing well, saying he seen a woman on the road and she was "destroyed"

yup, hopefully its down to shock but the wee 16yo guy on the news there wasnt exactly doing well, saying he seen a woman on the road and she was "destroyed"

Aye, I mean I know it's the media I am talking about, but would it be too much to ask for them to take things like that into account? "That guy is clearly in shock, I won't bother sticking the camera right in his face, and push him for answers".

Guest The Phoenix

Why didn't you find out before you posted the first time,

Harsh, even by your standard, Sarge.

Not sure many people think logically at times like this.

The other side of the coin, of course, is why would anyone seek refuge on the cesspit that is P&B when they are concerned about the well-being of a loved one.

Terrible event, whichever way you choose to look at it. RIP.

Harsh, even by your standard, Sarge. Not sure many people think logically at times like this. The other side of the coin, of course, is why would anyone seek refuge on the cesspit that is P&B when they are concerned about the well-being of a loved one. Terrible event, whichever way you choose to look at it. RIP.

Sarge was right. Just about anyone in Scotland might have had a relative or freind there. It's not like the phone system crashed.

Seems a bit like the news channels are all fighting to see who has the best coverage or show the latest footage.

Can we not go back to just a quiet, informed respectful news broadcast from the studio?

What reason is there to relive it again and again?

Archived