Worst English Premier League Players

gavin_3110

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massimo Maccarone was pretty terrible

He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination but nowhere near one of the worst and was only kept out of the team by Viduka, Hasselbaink and Yakubu who all scored goals for fun. Scored a few important goals for Boro and had a fairly decent ratio of goals to games started tbh.

He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination but nowhere near one of the worst and was only kept out of the team by Viduka, Hasselbaink and Yakubu who all scored goals for fun. Scored a few important goals for Boro and had a fairly decent ratio of goals to games started tbh.

Keeping in mind how much Middlesbrough paid for him at the time.

Because he was nowhere near the worst player the EPL has seen, which this thread is for.

I hope this clears this up for you.

He was absolutely appalling in virtually every one of his Newcastle appearances. Even people like Boumsong and Bramble had occasional bouts of competency but Luque was consistently worse than other joke figures like them. After his hamstring injury he never looked like a good player struggling for form, he simply looked like a poor footballer. It's pretty telling that he didn't do anything of note once he left.

1 league goal in 2 years speaks for itself.

Ex-Newcastle & Hibs Alan O'Brien is probably the worst EPL & SPL player I've ever seen.

ETA: less than 10 appearances, mind.

Slightly off topic but O'Brien is also the worst player I have ever seen in Scotland. He was absolutely fucking shite.

Back in England I recall Liverpool signing a total diddy called Sean Dundee. I'm not sure if he played more than 10 games though.

Back in England I recall Liverpool signing a total diddy called Sean Dundee. I'm not sure if he played more than 10 games though.

I remember him as well.. signed from some German mob I think.

Keeping in mind how much Middlesbrough paid for him at the time.

He wasn't value for money for sure, but as Deeboy says the thread isn't really anything to do with transfer fees or else Torres and Andy Carroll would be up there despite clearly never being near being the worst. Maccarone really wasn't a bad player in all honesty, just wasn't as good as the three other goal machines that Boro had at the time.

Shite? Nope he was clearly a much better player than Jeffers.

Never heard much about him since he left English football.

Easy to get lost in the pisspoor backwater that is Italian football.

Archived