QoS v Livi

Would love to see QoS go up through the play offs, keeping Hibs and Sevco down, but they can get back on track after losing to us. Odds on another draw but hopefully we sneak it just before the final whistle, Ogleby to come on and break his duck with an injury time winner, 3-2 the Amber Machine.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would love to see QoS go up through the play offs, keeping Hibs and Sevco down, but they can get back on track after losing to us. Odds on another draw but hopefully we sneak it just before the final whistle, Ogleby to come on and break his duck with an injury time winner, 3-2 the Amber Machine.

You could probably be right with the last bit.

Nah, 3-0 to us as we get back on track.

You could probably be right with the last bit. Nah, 3-0 to us as we get back on track.

I can remember leaving Palmerston one Wednesday evening really upset at only beating Livingston 3-0. It was our first ever League meeting and everyone was expecting double figures. :huh:

I can remember leaving Palmerston one Wednesday evening really upset at only beating Livingston 3-0. It was our first ever League meeting and everyone was expecting double figures. :huh:

Is there a joke in there somewhere that's whoooshing over my head as I type?

They had just joined the Scottish League as Meadowbank Thistle (Ferranti Thistle) and were taking some heavy beatings. Us QoS youngsters epected a bundle of goals that night.

Ah, I wondered if you were going back to mid-70s Meadowbank days. Before my time as a fan.

Not sure what to expect from this tbh, the last two games against Rangers and Hearts have been pretty good, we've played some good stuff and have been a little unfortunate to come away with nothing, but it's been the usual story of not taking our chances and we haven't scored despite having enough good chances to do so.

This in reality is probably a game Burchill targeted to get something from, both teams have been pretty even so far with not much between us although the table clearly tells a different story.

I'd like to see us go for it down in Dumfries, he's saying the players have been given more freedom to express themselves so let them, stick Hippolyte, Mullen, Glen and White on from the start, and see what happens.

Going to go optimistic and go against my usual back the other team and I might be surprised logic and say 2-1 Livi, you never know.

Interesting to see how we react after the last couple of performances and everything since. I would think Dowie will return, as will Higgins if fit. The question is who will replace the departed Kerr, I would presume Dzierzawski but wouldn't surprise me to see Kidd played in there.

Has to be Kevin U.S.A in for Kerr. Paton is a option but not fit enough to start. We have to try and get going again but it will not be easy. Livi have some good players should be well away from the bottom of the table.

Think i would put somebody else in the middle with a bit of steel about them if conditions are to remain the same as today,will not be a day for silky soccer.Livingston signing ban now been lifted so a chance for them to bolster there team for the fight ahead.

Well thoughts on this weekends lineup.

Hooper had a very good game last week and Kidd arguably had his best game but I would expect both Dowie and Higgins to both come straight back into the team. Midfield is where the decision needs to be made, should we play Kevin USA or is Burns or Paton fit enough to start.

My team to start on Saturday,

Clark

Dowie, Durnan, Higgins, Holt.

Carmichael, McShane, Burns, Russell

Reilly, Lyle.

Think i would put somebody else in the middle with a bit of steel about them if conditions are to remain the same as today,will not be a day for silky soccer.Livingston signing ban now been lifted so a chance for them to bolster there team for the fight ahead.

Im with you on this. I wouldnt play McShane and Kevin D in the midfield together. Neither are good enough defensively. Not that there might be much choice about it for Saturday

Guest TOPFITTER

Interesting to think of the starting 11 Hawk. I just wonder if the Gaffer may surprise us and add steel to the midfield to give McShane his creative freedom whilst keeping it tight at the back ? I would pick the attacking/creative 4 you suggest and use Dowie as the sitting enforcer aka (McKenna) the choice then is who to use at LB and I would go for Hooper.

Clark

Hooper, Durnan, Higgins, Holt.

Carmichael, McShane, Dowie, Russell

Reilly, Lyle.

Interesting to think of the starting 11 Hawk. I just wonder if the Gaffer may surprise us and add steel to the midfield to give McShane his creative freedom whilst keeping it tight at the back ? I would pick the attacking/creative 4 you suggest and use Dowie as the sitting enforcer aka (McKenna) the choice then is who to use at LB and I would go for Hooper.

Clark

Hooper, Durnan, Higgins, Holt.

Carmichael, McShane, Dowie, Russell

Reilly, Lyle.

That's not a bad shout for the team. Dowie would certainly add a bid of physical presence in midfield and it would allow McShane the freedom to do what he does best.

Archived