Omnishambles v Airdrieonians

Someone needs to explain to me now Airdrie can lose Buchanan and their other centre half to Morton and still defend better than the teams they went to for full time training and more wages?

Bollan deserves great credit, would love to see him at the Pars instead of diddies like Potter and McCann.

They play to their strengths week in, week out and get the best out of their players.

Completely the opposite to the Pars and Morton.

Major reality check for the two full time sides this season.

Totally agree.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick of feeling this fucking seething after every game.

Time is well and truly up for Jim - the tactical buffoon - Duffy. Rae can walk out the door as well. Hat kind of moron hands out a two year deal to one of the shittest managers in Scottish football...

We have a team full of spineless c***s and enough is enough.

Russell was by far our best player today. Completely destroyed Airdrie's right back the whole game. He's just been played out of position, he clearly isn't a defender and would be much better in left midfield.

If he had completely destroyed him then we probably shouldn't have failed to score at all. If he had that advantage all game then a killer pass should have been available to McManus, who struck the bar as best from awful service.

He was certainly far better in that role than Kilday though, who was a genuine pass back to Airdrie all day long.

Sh**e again.

McKee was useless in midfield. The guy is like a user controlled player on FIFA who sometimes isn't moving because the guys controller keeps on disconnecting. He seems to be getting worse as time goes on as well.

For someone who is employed to score goals, and who should know the way in which you generally get goals, Andrew Barrowman isn't very good at either getting them, or staying onside at all. A number of occasions where he was in an offside position when there was no need for him to be.

The goalkeeper was kind of terrible, although that shouldn't be too much of a problem area long-term unless Duffy signs him permanently and gives him a lifelong contract. Which is kind of possible with the man.

Pepper was probably our best player. Hard working and when he's on the ball he moves faster than someone like McKee who couldn't manage a successful counter attack if he was the only man on the pitch.

Shame to be losing McManus. Thought he was sometimes a bit greedy today and occasionally needs to know when to pass the ball, but he's still one of our better players and I'd rather he was here than Barrowman.

Still shocking all over though. Terrible performance.

Totally agree.
Someone needs to explain to me now Airdrie can lose Buchanan and their other centre half to Morton and still defend better than the teams they went to for full time training and more wages?Bollan deserves great credit, would love to see him at the Pars instead of diddies like Potter and McCann.They play to their strengths week in, week out and get the best out of their players.Completely the opposite to the Pars and Morton.Major reality check for the two full time sides this season.
You've answered your own question. Gary Bollan knows what he's doing and given proper resources I think he would be a top manager. Although seasons only half way through I trust him to have us organised and difficult to beat.I wish we could give him cash as he would take us back to top half of championship given time.I've no doubt he will move onto bigger and better things unfortunately.

Someone needs to explain to me now Airdrie can lose Buchanan and their other centre half to Morton and still defend better than the teams they went to for full time training and more wages?

Bollan deserves great credit, would love to see him at the Pars instead of diddies like Potter and McCann.

They play to their strengths week in, week out and get the best out of their players.

Completely the opposite to the Pars and Morton.

Major reality check for the two full time sides this season.

To be honest that's mainly just because of the two centre halves we've got in on loan, if you'd seen us 2 months into the season we certainly weren't solid at the back. I agree about Bollan in general though, he doesn't claim to have any philosophies or trying to play 'the right way' or any nonsense like that, he takes what he has and tries to build the most effective team based on their strengths. It took him a couple of months to work that out last season and the same this season.

We didn't play great football today but I thought we were excellent defensively as a team, Andy McNeil deserves credit too I think, he's been really good in recent weeks, with the exception of his kicking. I also see Grant Adam hasn't changed much, still needlessly trying to involve himself in the game when he just needs to stay on his line.

Morton were poor, but equally if they had scored one of those chances in the first half they would probably have won 1-0, was one of those first goal's the winner games. Like I said last week, how well we do this season will depend on how many of the loaness we keep, I think we should be able to finish 5-7th regardless, but if we can keep that 11 today (or near enough) we should be up in the play-offs.

Sh**e again.

McKee was useless in midfield. The guy is like a user controlled player on FIFA who sometimes isn't moving because the guys controller keeps on disconnecting. He seems to be getting worse as time goes on as well.

For someone who is employed to score goals, and who should know the way in which you generally get goals, Andrew Barrowman isn't very good at either getting them, or staying onside at all. A number of occasions where he was in an offside position when there was no need for him to be.

The goalkeeper was kind of terrible, although that shouldn't be too much of a problem area long-term unless Duffy signs him permanently and gives him a lifelong contract. Which is kind of possible with the man.

Pepper was probably our best player. Hard working and when he's on the ball he moves faster than someone like McKee who couldn't manage a successful counter attack if he was the only man on the pitch.

Shame to be losing McManus. Thought he was sometimes a bit greedy today and occasionally needs to know when to pass the ball, but he's still one of our better players and I'd rather he was here than Barrowman.

Still shocking all over though. Terrible performance.

Don't think you were watching the same game as us. I like Pepper and do think he is a better option in the middle than McKee but he was rank today. He was playing out of position but still didn't perform well so i don't think he was our best player.

McKee was yet again, useless. What does Duffy see in him? All he does is slow the attack down; pass is back/sideways; or pick the wrong option. After the antics of Alloa last season and today telling the fans to "f**k off" i'd be pleased if I never saw him in a Morton top again. He thinks he can stroll the game and make the odd worldy ball yet can't do any of the basics.

Grant Adam was shite as well, in fact they all were.

Duffy will be here for the remainder of his contract unfortunately. The signing's he plans to make over the next couple of months will be crucial to the outcome of our season. A new RB, experienced (Hardie-type) CM, and 2 striker's are what we need to have any chance of promotion.

lol wut

"One of" compared to who exactly? He's our and the division top scorer, our only attacking threat and pace going forward, who is about to be replaced by Stefan McCluskey or whoever Dim picks from League Two this time.

The second half of the season is going to be an utter shambles without him carrying us to totally undeserved results.

McKee was no were near as bad as he's been the last few weeks, he slows down the attack far too often but played some nice passes today, the abuse he got after that shot was quite simply uncalled for.

lol wut

"One of" compared to who exactly? He's our and the division top scorer, our only attacking threat and pace going forward, who is about to be replaced by Stefan McCluskey or whoever Dim picks from League Two this time.

The second half of the season is going to be an utter shambles without him carrying us to totally undeserved results.

Aye, "one of" is probably being kind to the team.

Don't think you were watching the same game as us. I like Pepper and do think he is a better option in the middle than McKee but he was rank today. He was playing out of position but still didn't perform well so i don't think he was our best player.

McKee was yet again, useless. What does Duffy see in him? All he does is slow the attack down; pass is back/sideways; or pick the wrong option. After the antics of Alloa last season and today telling the fans to "f**k off" i'd be pleased if I never saw him in a Morton top again. He thinks he can stroll the game and make the odd worldy ball yet can't do any of the basics.

Duffy will be here for the remainder of his contract unfortunately. The signing's he plans to make over the next couple of months will be crucial to the outcome of our season. A new RB, experienced (Hardie-type) CM, and 2 striker's are what we need to have any chance of promotion.

When I say he was our best player to be fair, it's hardly a massive compliment since the majority of them were rotten today. Thought he was moderately okay though, worked hard and wasn't completely awful. Agreed with you on the rest though, McKee is shocking.

Look at how bad we've been the last few weeks, then consider that for the rest of the season we'll be without McManus. If Duffy keeps his job - which he will, because the Chairman is as much of a moron as the manager he headhunted - I'll be absolutely stunned if we make the playoffs. We are now only three points above fifth place, and Brechin have a game in hand. It'll be a surprise if we're within 20 points of Stranraer by the time the season's over; it'll be no surprise if we're closer to bottom than top. It's a good thing we have two especially shite teams this season in Ayr and Stirling, as if it was a tight league it really wouldn't be a stretch to see us being drawn into a relegation battle.

The only positive we've been able to take from games for weeks is that at least McManus played well. Now McManus is away and it's going to be freefall. Duffy is in serious danger of overtaking James Grady as the worst manager in the history of this club, he genuinely has not got a single redeeming feature. An absolutely pathetic excuse for a football manager on every level. I know everyone says it's not his fault he's a shite manager, and despite being awful he's a nice guy etc, but really, how can he not look in the mirror and know that he's abysmal at this? Has 25 years of failure after failure, week after week, not made him realise that he simply cannot do this? f**k off and let someone who actually knows what football is and has the slightest clue what they're doing salvage this car crash, Jim.

Joe McKee is truly down there with the Adam Coakleys and Donovan Simmonds of this world. Anyone who has ever contributed to this poor soul's delusion that he comes within a million lightyears of having the ability to play professional football should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

^^^head's gone

McKee was no were near as bad as he's been the last few weeks, he slows down the attack far too often but played some nice passes today, the abuse he got after that shot was quite simply uncalled for.

He played one excellent pass in behind Bain for Kilday in the first half. That was pretty much the only time he passed to a Morton player all day. He's an absolutely horrific footballer and for the millionth week in a row was not only the worst player on the park but on the planet.

Whilst I wouldn't disagree about Duffy, with your current squad how much difference would a new manager make do you think? Worth noting that Ayr wanted Roberts out because he was a dreadful manager - yet they are just as rubbish now. Dunfermline wanted Jefferies out - yet they are just as rubbish now. Any money you have would be far better spent on signing some players rather than spending tens of thousands paying off the management team who would still be stuck with Rickie Lamie.

For all the pelters mckee gets, people have a blind spot when it comes to oware in cm. He is a fish out of water in there and needs moved back to centre half.

We had a decent period of pressure after the goal, but Airdrie defended well, in addition to our final ball being atrocious and us not having a Decent striker.

McManus should've scored in the first half as should barrowman d on a free header on the 6 yard line.

We need a proper striker like peaso and a big nasty bugger like hardie.

I also thought young Thomas Orr looked like he had something when she came on too.

We're stuck with Lamie because Duffy just gave him an extension to his contract. Duffy is responsible for signing most of this gutless pile of shite. His pathetic screeching is being ignored by the players. Never gives any positive advice, negative negative negative. Worst Manager that I can remember, and we are on the way down.

If I was like Duffy and people kept on paying me even if I was shite, I wouldn't give a toss about letting someone else take my job.

Why would he?

Fair point. I'm just clutching at straws: knowing that Rae's far too much of an idiot to see what everyone else on the planet can see and sack him, the only hope is that Duffy decides to resign, but as with every other manager Rae has taken too long to sack I know there's no obligation on the manager to take that decision themselves. We just have to hope Rae has a sudden attack of sense for the first time in 13 years.

Whilst I wouldn't disagree about Duffy, with your current squad how much difference would a new manager make do you think? Worth noting that Ayr wanted Roberts out because he was a dreadful manager - yet they are just as rubbish now. Dunfermline wanted Jefferies out - yet they are just as rubbish now. Any money you have would be far better spent on signing some players rather than spending tens of thousands paying off the management team who would still be stuck with Rickie Lamie.

If we spend money on players without getting rid of Duffy, he will use his vast array of contacts to sign more players the calibre of Ricki Lamie and Stefan McCluskey so that would be even more futile than sacking him. It's still a bad state of affairs, but having a decent manager with an utterly shite squad is preferable to having an apocalyptically shite manager with an utterly shite squad.

When did McKee tell the fans to 'f**k off'?

Also a new right back is the least of our worries just now as kilday does a reasonable job. Right midfield is more of a priority.

Archived