Omnishambles v Airdrieonians

Non sequitur, he isn't, because the majority of the fanbase are still simpering morons. McInally was hounded out on the back of a campaign by the righteous minority and a freak result which turned the issue.

The majority of the fanbase appears to have deserted the Club since the early post -Scott days.. I guess you may be correct in suggesting that there's a high proportion of 'simpering morons' among those who still see fit to hand over their hard earned dosh to the Rae family.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately I missed the goal today - I was still in the queue for my bovril when I heard the shout.

But the bits I did see... it was a pretty even game, and if either side had won by more than a goal, it would have been misleading. We had one proper chance in the first half, and not many more in the second, while McNeill had one great and several routine-to-good saves. At the other end, Adam dealt with most of what we sent him comfortably enough, though his swithering on the line (or communication mix-up with a defender) nearly let us nab a second goal, and some folk were saying he should have cut out the ball that led to our goal a well (again, I didn't see it). Having said all that, on paper it shouldn't have been so close, and you'd have been hard pressed to tell which was the full-time side.

Airdrie defended excellently - Prunty and Lister tracked back very well, Richards-Everton was solid and blocked well after three bomb-scare moments early on, and Gasparotto was solid. Hard to believe he's only 19 years old. We'll miss him when goes to this tournament with Canada, but it's good that we've got him for the rest of the season.

1. There are two full time teams in this league, and we've beaten both of them in the last couple of weeks, plus a draw away to Forfar. Ayr also have a full-time core, but I don't count them because they're Ayr.

2. We have now kept five clean sheets in the league this season - plus one in the Cup, also against Morton. It's the first time we've kept consecutive clean sheets in the league for more than 12 months, and the first back-to-back league wins of the season.

3. This run has been very important for us in terms of points: our unbeaten run of five matches has given us 12 points, i.e. 50% of our points total so far.

4. If Morton can't get McManus back from Aberdeen, and they don't get a similarly prolific striker, they will struggle. A quick glance through his league goals suggests he's been worth 10 points to them this season - and I've excluded games which they would have won even without goals he scored in them. For reference, they are 7 points clear of us right now.

5. I desperately need to get a life.

I would not be too unhappy if Duffy announced that he was releasing almost the entire squad and signing a new squad (with the exception of Gaston and O'Ware who are good enough although Thomas should be at CB, not midfield).

That performance today was appalling from the first minute when the keeper cleared the ball about ten yards with a miskick. We rarely looked like scoring. i'm beginning to agree that McKee just can't play quickly enough and is too prone to either passing back or turning into trouble. He needs a Martin Hardie alongside him. Any chance we could get a loan of Fred during the Swedish close season?

Duffy's position is untenable. He has signed a dreadful squad and he has no idea when to change things, nor indeed has he any idea what the team is supposed to be doing at all.

Will be a long time before I waste my time going to see that sort of dross again. It was worse than watching Sunday amateurs. The standard of this division is dreadful, which makes Morton's eight league defeats even more unacceptable.

If Duffy has any chance of staying till the end of season he has to sign some decent experienced players in the transfer window.

We badly need experience in the team. An experienced head in midfield would make all the difference. Our biggest problem is finding not one but two strikers.

It wouldn't surprise me if Duffy comes out of this transfer window with an even worse side that went into it.

Connor Pepper, for all he is a fan favourite, including mine, did not play half as well as McKee, who everyone hates, today. No criticism for him though. Fan favourite getting an easy ride shocker!

Just pretty shite. Keep O'Ware, keep Russell, bin everyone else. PLEASE.

We had ineffective wide players today, McCluskey is awful on the left, Pepper looks far more comfortable in the middle. McKee never does enough, and for all O'Ware protects the back 4 he seems uncomfortable in the too often.

Barrowman did next to nothing up front again, he had two great chances in the first half as well. Not sharp, and giving us a major problem which will only increase with McManus now gone.

There are clear weaknesses in defence, especially in the centre. Milojevic gives attacking players too much space and Crighton dives in far too often.

But you know what, I don't actually think our squad is that bad. We're missing 3 or 4 quality players and Duffy's selections are mind-boggling but I think we have some decent young players. That's why I think a new manager would really help. Most of the players are quite capable of playing an important, or at least supporting, role in a league winning team. We need Duffy to leave, but I can't see it happening.

Nope. Nah. f**k this. f**k the lot of them.

Get to f*ck Mr Rae. Get to f*ck Barrowman. Get to f*ck McKee. And finally, Jim Duffy, would you be so kind as to f*ck off.

This. The whole club needs gutted from top to bottom. Anyone is thinks otherwise is living on cloud cuckoo-land.

McKee needs an old head beside him. A Hardie type player will see his game improve dramatically like what happened with Tidser.

Barrowman just hasn't done a thing this season. He had chances yesterday and didn't score. That position is now our most worrying.

We need 4 or 5 players in the transfer window, the bulk of whom have to be experienced players.

Our inexperience is beginning to show now and costing us games.

How exactly would Morton get on without Rae? Who would actually take over? Sound like inane Newcastle fans in wanting a guy who has bankrolled them out but really there is no one else who would do it.

Credit to Airdrie another great result. My jealousy of a dung team able to string a run together is at fever pitch.

Neilly, on 04 Jan 2015 - 11:02, said:

How exactly would Morton get on without Rae? Who would actually take over? Sound like inane Newcastle fans in wanting a guy who has bankrolled them out but really there is no one else who would do it.

This is the thing that worries me. As much of an absolute abomination as Rae has been, the alternative could be worse. The problem with this is that the Raes are probably going to wind up killing the club off anyways, so I'd be happy to see if we can take our chances without them.

Archived