BigFatTabbyDave's Miserable Montrose Adventure (in FM2013 Classic)

BFTD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
November 2017

2ns4z00.png

A nice relaxing start to the month, with the reserves taking on Glasgow Uni in order to save energy for the Falkirk/Dundee double-header. Worked pretty well, as the academics didn't get a shot on goal, but I'd rather not have waited until the 74th minute to score. Makombo-Eboma scored both, so that's four in three for him.

Another week, another mauling by Falkirk, but a much improved performance over last time, and 3-2 might have been a fairer result. Tom Bradley is definitely not cut out for this level; Mental Fil wouldn't have conceded two of those goals.

A win against an out-of-form Dundee would've lifted us above them in the table, but this was a wake-up call. Even on a bad day, they're still better than us, sadly. Zero goals in nine attempts now.

Another free week, so it's Leeds who're up for the friendly this time. A fairly level game, according to the stats, but there never looked any doubt that the Championship side would win. Still, nice to see the team not being totally outclassed, with Gavin Main winning the MotM award.

Morten decided to win two matches in the run up to their visit to the Links, so I was a little apprehensive that their player-bots seemed to have fixed their AI issues. Regardless, there was only one winner in this game, enough so that I was quite annoyed that we conceded a second goal towards the end; we should've been coasting by that point. Another two goals for Makombo-Eboma, and another for Campbell, who's also putting a decent run of performances together. New first-choice strikeforce, I think.

o7r4pd.png

Morten managing to close the gap on us a little bit, so it was sweet to slap them down again. Looks like the league's starting to seperate into a top six and bottom four, with Falkirk as the champions-elect, from what I've seen. Six goals in fourteen games for Dunfermline :blink:

December 2017

2rdxo5k.png

First-choice team out to play Livingston in the Scottish Cup, but unfortunately gave them too much respect in the first-half, resulting in a 1-0 deficit at half-time. Gave them a good rodgering in the second-half, and they were pretty fortunate to hold on for the draw, considering how often we hit the woodwork. Four days later (FOUR DAYS!), it's replay time, and I made a couple of changes to allow some of the older players to rest for Airdrie. A more even game than I'd have liked, considering how things went in the first game, but we eventually took the lead in the 57th minute, only to be hauled back again straight from the kick-off. To make matters worse, Sam Cox decided to take a wild stab at a clearance to the edge of the box, and scored the winning goal that Livingston seemed unable to manage for themselves. A strange defeat, and one that the team really should've avoided with relative ease.

The hangover continued into the game at Broomloan, with Airdrie putting pressure on our solid defence through most of the match. They found themselves two goals up just after half-time, and any further scoring looked likely to come from them, when a breakaway clearance in the 77th minute found Allan Campbell, who raced clear to score. Suddenly Airdrie looked very nervous, and within ten minutes Dominic Blizzard brought himself to my attention with a bottom-corner strike from 25 yards. 2-2 it finished, with Montrose only having two shots on goal in the entire match. HA HA! No wonder Airdrie have such a poor record against us (one win in eleven, now) when things like this keep happening.

With a difficult final half to the month ahead, surely a home match against Dunfermline has to be a three-pointer. Thankfully it was, although largely due to the Fifers' utter hopelessness in attack; our defence left big gaps everywhere for some reason, but the visitors didn't seem to know what to do when presented with the ball and an acre of space in the box to run into. More goals for Mokombo-Eboma and Campbell, with a MotM for the latter, but we still contrived to make it a nervous final ten minutes by conceding a sloppy consolation. In summary; we practically bent over for Dunfy, but they couldn't beat us even then. Looking good!

Back to manning the baracades for the trip to Fissle. The 3-1 defeat is a fair scoreline; we had a couple of decent chances to get a second, but they likewise. Poor performances from several players didn't help. Elsewhere, a 3-1 victory for Morten at East End Park - Dunfermline unable to buy a win this season, it seems.

Wow - did not see the win against Challenge Cup winners Kilmarnock coming at all, but it was well deserved. Campbell's movement and classy finish put us ahead midway through the first half, and our defence coped admirably with Kilmarnock's aerial barrage after that, Main and Saunderson solidifying their places in central defence. We continued to hold Killie comfortably at bay, until Derek Niven got himself sent off again through stupid tackling. Bizarrely, Shaun Byrne then had two golden run-from-the-touchline one-on-ones with the keeper, neither of which he was able to convert, but it demonstrated that Kilmarnock still couldn't dominate. The points were ours after a tremendously generous post-Christmas gesture in injury time from one Kilmarnock player, who received the ball on our goal line and chose to pass to a player outside the penalty area rather than to score. Bless.

All four of the bottom teams won today, by the way. Yes, that includes Dunfermline - a miraculous Christmas 1-0 victory away to Airdrie. Praise be!

We finished the month with a poor home defeat to QoS, notable mainly for its almost complete lack of notability. Queens had one decent chance and scored it; we never really had any. Very much felt like a match that was there to be won if we'd taken some risks, but Queens are up at the top end of the table and I've been burned by attacking these teams before. Also, Dunfermline won again, 2-1 against Dundee. Morten must be shiteing it.

ejdef9.png

Not a bad month, considering. Picked up a few unexpected points, so can't complain too much about the Queens and Livingston games. Raith really haven't proven themselves to be any better than us, so seventh place is there for the taking. Dundee remain tantalisingly close in sixth, but will slap us down to size if we creep up too far. Still looks dismal for Dunfermline, despite the mini-revival.

January 2018

mbtu09.png

Bit unfortunate in the Raith game, conceding a penalty in the first minute for...excessive sexiness? Who knows. After that, the rest of the first half was a barrage, which we only conceded one other goal from, and Makombo-Eboma finished off our only decent breakaway. Second half was ours, pushing forward for most of it. Garry Wood had a perfectly decent goal chalked off for offside, but Makombo-Eboma equalised with ten minutes to go. We kept pushing for the winner, but it didn't come. Draw probably fair, considering the first half, and we did brilliantly to hold the lines and recover.

Egad; Falkirk again. Not sure whether we're gradually coping with them better, or if their strikers just had a bad day. Most of the match was spent with them battering away at us, but once again we managed to keep the score down. Our consolation breakaway towards the end put a little sugar on the scoreline, but there was no danger of us getting any points from this one. Falkirk still the best team in this league by a distance.

The usual spanking at Dens Park, but a goal for the first time in ten attempts. Admittedly it came about from an appalling backpass, but Dundee scored from an unintentional looping 40-yard slice, so it evens out. They're far better than us; end of story.

A curiously uneventful game at Cappielow, with the likelihood of a winning goal coming from a single mistake. Thankfully, the mistake came from Morten, with a near-post corner deflecting in off defender Jack Verth's arse. Whoops. Nine points between us now, so it's looking like we might be safe this season, superhuman Greenock efforts aside.

Next up...

2ise8g2.png

BWAHAHAHAHA! They had as much chance of winning this game as flying to the moon, and that's with us putting in a dreadful, disinterested performance. We could just about be bothered to score a second-half winner, thankfully. Unfortunately, Big Fil Mentel injured himself before the game, so it's back to Tom Bradley and his zany decisionmaking in goal for the rest of the season. On the plus side, Liam Caddis returned for most of this match, and Marcus McMillan looks ready too.

o8fgck.png

Three-quarters of the way through the season and we've already surpassed the points total for our last visit to the second tier. Twelve points clear of Morten now, and I'd be thinking about catching Killie and Partick, but there's a massive ability gap between 6th and 7th in this league - we've managed 8 points from 45 against the top six so far. Not gonna happen.

Before the transfer window closed, we added another eight new youth recruits to the pile - the reserves are getting pretty crowded, but considering how few decent players are willing to join the Gable Endies, it's necessary to gamble on making our own.

February 2018

u7aso.png

Once again, we've got the measure of Airdrie; the only disappointment is that it took so long to score the winning goal. Not sure how Airdrie are doing so well in this division.

Scottish Cup week, so it's time for a glamour friendly against the highest-profile team available, which is...erm, Dunfermline. Oh well. Nice feelgood run-out for the reserves, gifting the league's worst team a rare victory in the process. Bless.

Fuckin' BOO! We were handling Partick perfectly well, until Rudi Skacel needed treatment in injury time, and we conceded while down to ten men. Dirty Maryhill b*****ds :thumbsdown

Ooft, 4-0 down within half an hour, due to some supernatural passing from Killie and a couple of appalling mistakes. The team generally didn't play that badly, Kilmarnock were just completely irresistable, and how many times can you say that?

v8e8n7.png

Airdrie top; what in the actual hell? The title can easily be won by any of the top six, but I'm still betting on Falkirk. Meanwhile, we're fifteen points clear now, and might be safe from the drop by the end of March. Starting to pull away from Raith a wee bit too.

Excellent month on the awards front; Ewan Saunderson won the Young Player of the Month, and was runner-up in the Player of the Month stakes. Down in the third tier, loanees Ryan Mackie and Daniel Tau were second and third place in the Young Player category.

Also, had a bid of £3,000 come in from Dundalk for Tom Bradley, for some reason. I'd be happy to sell, but I wouldn't be able to get a decent replacement, depressingly. Also, his market value's £8,000, so jog on :angry:

Ey up :unsure2:

282qdc7.png

I've only been offered two other jobs so far, both in my last season in the second tier - one was Accrington, who were bottom of the Conference South (yeah, I know) and seemed like possibly the worst playable English team in the game. The other was Fleetwood Town, who'd just been relegated to League Two and seemed to think that was outrageous. They were 13th with a handful of games to go and their lunatic chairman was demanding the title :lol:

Need to sleep on it. Thoughts welcome from anyone reading this!

March 2018

Me to Raith:

giphy.gif

Surprisingly, it seems like the only benefit to taking over at Raith would be that they're full-time. They're no better off financially than Montrose, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between facilities or squad strength. Hopefully I might manage to persuade the Montrose board to turn full-time at the end of the season to help bring on the youngsters.

Well, I can dream.

13zzy15.png

Fair result against Queens. They were better throughout and started making chances in the second half, even having a goal disallowed. We barely got a sniff of goal from our counter-attacking game.

Decent friendly performance from the younger players against Motherwell, despite the result. Tom Bradley pulled his usual out-of-position-when-a-cross-comes-in-whoops-it's-gone-in-over-my-head trick, but also managed a couple of cracking reaction saves. Saunderson, Makombo-Eboma and Campbell are clearly Premier League quality now; possibly Main is too. Thankfully nobody sniffing around yet.

First competitive game after turning down the job offer from Raith? Yep, of course. Was one of those weird games where we had all the play, but Raith created all the chances, in the first half at least. A fair result in the end. Our first-choice right back Brian Coyle tore a hamstring and will be out until next season; thankfully there's good cover in that position.

Oh FFS, I give up with Falkirk. I've absolutely no idea how to stop them playing like Brazil against us; if you prevent them getting into the box, they just whip the ball into the top corner from 30 yards out. At some point during this game, practically every one of their players was mentioned as running the show and needing to be shut down. Bollocks to 'em; hope they enjoy finishing second to Airdrie, bunch of scummy competent wanks :angry:

Another defeat against Dundee, who played for more than half the game with ten men. Barely got a shot on goal despite switching to attack, at the urging of Assistant Manager Roy McBain, whose advice is pretty useless. Change needed before his contract renews. One point from six games now - not doing well at the moment.

fk5zte.png

What a miserable month; still not entirely safe from the drop, and Raith have overturned our point gap. I rejected you, Raith - get over it. We have virtually the easiest month possible ahead, so I'm expecting amends to be made.

At the top, Kilmarnock and (probably) Partick have surely dropped out of the title race, but it's still anybody's in the top four. Down at the bottom, Morten are really up for automatic relegation - Dunfermline's occasional draws and a surprising win over title-chasing Queen of the South have brought them within touching distance of Greenock's finest. The game between the two at Cappielow in May is starting to look like a winner-takes-all showdown of absolute fail.

I've given new contracts to Rudi Skacel and David Niven. Skacel's still easily the best attacking midfield player at the club, even if he hasn't set the league afire this season. Niven will be 35 by next season, but is still a decent (and adaptable) defensive midfielder, and has been happy to take a wage cut as a backup player. Well worth keeping. Still unsure about Dominic Blizzard, as he's hardly featured and wants a hefty wage, and we'll likely be fine with Niven as cover anyway. I would've offered Stephen McKeown another contract, as he's still a good player at 35 and can take any midfield role, but he threw a hissy fit right as we were about to agree terms. I guess we'll see if he's more amenable in a few months.

Set for release are Justin Scerri, a young Maltese central defender (tallest in the second tier, apparently) who has barely improved since signing and is whining about first-team football. Away and play for Queen's Park, ya p***k - that seems to be where our useless rejects end up. Club captain Paul Lunan is now well past his best after seven years and has only played twice this season - we have plenty of good talent at right-back too, so it's time to move on. Teenagers Andy Doyle and Aaron Linn have been at the club for a couple of seasons and haven't improved much, so they're away on frees as well.

• 3 months later...
Montrose's great escape has reminded me to get back on with my fictional career...

End of season 2018

24ysq5w.png

There was I all ready to yuk it up about Airdrie being our bitches, when suddenly they score a winner with the very last kick of the game. Only fair, as they were much better than us, but the game was a real freakshow, with Airdrie's players trying to out-do each other with missing easy chances. I think the winner was the guy who was clear through on goal with his fellow striker and managed to hit the other guy on the arse, but there were plenty of candidates.

Nice easy home win against Morten, but we made much harder work of it that I'd have liked. We should've had four at least, so there was always that little bit of nervousness after Morten got their goal. Anyway, we're officially safe from the drop, and slugging it out for 7th place with Raith, who're on equal points. After beating Falkirk away, Airdrie are four points clear at the top with three games to go, and it's down to them, Dundee and Partick for the title. Morten won last week, so they have a six-point lead over Dunfermline at the bottom. Tempted to throw our game against the Pars next week just for the lolz

Once again, Sky Bet quoted as giving "minnows Montrose" no chance against Billy Big Baws Dunfermline, with their four league wins in thirty-three attempts The match turned out to be absolutely appalling; Dunfermline actually had more chances than us, although there was never any chance of them actually scoring. One single shot on target in total in the whole match

Morten also drew, 4-4 with Airdrie, so Morten can relegate Dunfermline at Cappielow next week just by not losing to them. Dundee took advantage by beating Queens to move within two points of the top, while Falkirk's win over Partick keeps them in with a sliver of hope at four points back. Partick are five points behind and out of it. Raith lost to Killie, so we're a point ahead in 7th now.

From out of nowhere, a quality performance, after months of poor ones. Missing out on promotion much have left a terrible hangover for poor Partick. Deadly up front, and we coped well at the back during the inevitable assault towards the end. Raith's draw with Queens means that we've almost clinched 7th place with a game to go, while Morten's draw with Dunfermline finalises them in 9th and 10th respectively. The big title clash between Airdrie and Dundee ends 2-0 to the hosts and sends the title to Lanarkshire with a game to go. Frankly, I'm amazed, and a little sad that we won't have our overachieving buttmonkeys for guaranteed points next season.

Ugh. Played fairly well against Killie, but just fell apart as the second half went on. Even worse, Raith beat Dundee to take 7th place ahead of us on goal difference. Really quite a poor run in at the end of the season. Bit of a pisser to lose out to Raith at the death, but I'd happily have taken that at the start of the season.

212wqjo.png

In other news, Scott Morton is now Montrose's all-time top goalscorer, after putting his almost-namesakes Morten to the sword. Ewan Saunderson set a new First Division record for Man of the Match awards in a single season when he reached ten against Dunfermline.

Lots of wee crybaby teenagers wanting away because of lack of first-team football this month. Should be an interesting close season!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, FFS <_<

os4lg8.png

All I did was apply for the Dunfermline job because I was kinda curious why they hadn't offered it to me. Talk about an overreaction; I'd no intentions of taking it. The Pars made an offer immediately, so I guess it's reluctantly off to East End Park. But what's this?

2zgug0l.png

Not what I wanted, but it'll do!

Preston North End

The season may still be at the fag end, with the play-offs just starting, but that's not something Preston have to worry about, having finished 21st in League One and contemplating an upcoming season in League Two. It's not hard to see why Preston have ended up in this position, with a dreadfully unbalanced squad short on players in several key areas, like central defence and midfield.

Similar to Montrose when I first took over, the top half-dozen players in the squad are all loaners who're sucking up all the wages. Below them, there's another half-dozen or so mature squad players, followed by a pile of kids from the youth system (none of whom appear to have set League One alight). To make matters worse, the squad's a couple of thousand a week over budget, so I won't be capable of making any new signings until these loan contracts run out at the end of June. Suuuuuper.

No idea what's expected from me for next season yet, as the board's only interested in telling me that they 'won't be taking this season into account' for my performance review. Fucking good of them, considering there's no games left <_<

BBC Lancashire: "This is a big step up for you, are you nervous about taking on the role?"

f**k off; I turned down Dunfermline to come here. Dunfermline. When was the last time your shitey team made it to a European Semi, then? :angry:

Offering virtually everyone in the squad up for transfer, including all the weans. I'll bring in my own youths like at Montrose, and hopefully Preston will attract better quality than Montrose did. Sadly, will still have to wait until July to begin shopping, as releasing the kids on frees won't do much for the massive wage overspend.

Oh, and the board have just announced that the wage budget will be an additional £2,000 lower than last year, so I'll have a team of greys running out at this rate. Thanks Mr Chairman! :thumbsdown

Season expectations will be fun. I'm guessing they'll be expecting a title challenge :lol:

• 2 months later...

I'm ill, so this seems like a good time to get back into the Lancastrian adventure.

Big clear-out in the close season, with 20 players leaving, mostly on frees just to free up some space in the wage structure. The fans and board are pissed that I let Jeffrey Monakana go to Motherwell for £500K (WTF?), but he was one of the highest earners, is a winger (I prefer wing-backs), and we were desperate for cash. In all, we brought in £1.1M in transfer fees, which has put the club back on more of an even keel.

I've brought in a cast of far-flung international youngsters to replace them; fourteen in total, for a total of £7.5K - yay for that 'No Work Permits' unlock. The only experienced hands coming in are 36 year old Nick Montgomery, as defensive midfielders are again hard to come by, and 33 year old David Raven in defence. Bringing in youngsters is the only sensible way to go for the long term, and I've done a pretty decent job of making sure there are a couple of lads coming in from countries like Jamaica and Brazil, so they'll hopefully have a pal to stop them getting homesick. Unfortunately, we're joint favourites to win the league, and the board are expecting promotion :(

Pre-Season Friendlies

2itb44.png

Once again, I squeezed in as many warm-ups as I could to get everyone up to match fitness, and against the available teams that would bring in the most money. Not a bad pre-season considering I was still assembling the new squad, with only an expected defeat against Premiership Norwich. Decent performances, even taking into account that we were playing diddies for the most part.

First Team Squad

2gwhx0o.png

Not hard to see the massive gap between current ability and potential in most cases. Hopefully the youngsters can come up to speed quickly. I've spent the pre-season on teamwork and learning tactics, so hopefully a lack of understanding won't be a problem. There's also a wee group of other youngsters in the reserves who have good potential, and can come in to cover if necessary.

August 2018

153ln9s.png

Mmm. Not the best of starts, mainly due to an inability to score. We had a good first half-hour against Morecambe and took the lead, but they were in control for the rest and eventually took all the points. A comfortable League Cup win at Hillsborough followed, with Wednesday providing surprisingly little opposition, considering they're a Championship side.

Then, the unforgivable run of three at home without a goal. I spectacularly fucked the tactics against Chester, playing defensively by mistake, and they took full advantage. No such excuse against Southend, who had a man sent off early on, but stubbornly refused to let us score. Maybe it'd have helped if my strikers could hit the damned target, but whatever. Same deal against Macclesfield, only without the sending off. Then, just in case I thought our defence was OK at least, League One Coventry give us a good lashing in the League Cup. Sweet.

Think it's fair to say that I won't be lasting the whole season at Preston, but I was on a hiding to nothing anyway. Meh. I used the last of our wage budget to bring in Alex-Rae Harvey, a 27 year old who's better than most of our existing midfielders and has fairly balanced stats. His signing was necessary because half of our midfield is now injured, and the other half are knackered from playing two games a week. I may have to re-think training, as the players aren't getting enough recovery time for the mass of games that teams play in League Two.

September 2018

jb1u0g.png

Finally, a win in the league. It was deserved, although we spent more time in the last twenty minutes holding off a mediocre Kidderminster side than I'd have liked. More injuries to the midfield mean that I'm down to the youths now, so I've cut back on training intensity and I'll need to bring in some cover; it's getting ridiculous.

Out of the Paint Tin, but the board don't care about it, due to their delusion that Preston are still Billy Big-Baws. Shrewsbury were good for the win, but we still played well considering our midfield's essentially made of tissue paper at the moment. So many players on long-term injuries already that I'll be lucky to last 'til Christmas - Severo Garcia finally made his debut as a sub in this game after recovering from a pre-season injury, only to get injured again within ten minutes. Thankfully Saturday's game has been cancelled due to internationals, so I've got eleven days to give a knackered squad a rest.
Another narrow defeat due to an inability to score; this time against Gillingham. I'm assuming this is because we can't hold on to the ball & create chances from midfield; the defence is still pretty solid. I'd stick another midfielder in for now, but I don't even have the numbers for that. To make things even better, Alex Harvey got sent off and will have a suspension; sometimes I get the impression that FM is taking the piss, frankly. New Brazillian signing Danilinho came on as a midfield sub at the end and almost got an equaliser from a late free-kick - hopefully he'll be able to help with creating chances when he's match fit.
Jesus Christ. Dominant against a poor Cheltenham side, and another 1-0 defeat. Ball just flat-out refusing to go in now. Two defenders I had playing in midfield actually did quite well. I'll go down as one of Preston's worst managers at this rate.
Oh, FFS. We spend half an hour as the dominant team against Oxford, with one of the chances finally going in, before the arse falls out and we get battered for the rest of the game. Thinking about resigning now, as promotion's about as likely as Preston not being a shitehole :angry:
Northampton tore us apart, before deciding to sit back at 2-0, which allowed Marcelo to bring us back to parity with his first goals for the club. Unfortunately, they underlined how poor we currently are by easily taking the lead straight after and holding us at bay 'til the end. Depressing.
Another defeat in a match where the difference between the teams was the finishing. The media were reporting that I was up for the sack if we lost against Bristol Rovers, so the sixth defeat on the trot will probably be my last. We're now in the slots for relegation from the Football League; I supposed this is what you get for trying to maximise value by filling your squad full of promising youngsters. I'll be choosing my next job a bit more carefully...

October 2018

547y4z.png

...but I'm still here for the goalless draw against Yeovil, surprisingly; I can only assume that the board don't have a replacement lined up yet. Oh well, onward to another game that we should have taken something from, and we make a pretty good fist of it. Still no win, though, of course, but that's the losing streak over; woo! :D
Then, goals; goals everywhere. High-flying Wrexham come to Deepdale and we take our chances for once...although we did our best to make a hash of it and needed their keeper to score the fourth. But hey, sometimes you need a little luck to get yourself back on track, and we haven't had a lot of that so far. Probably helps that our injury problems are starting to ease up too, and I've slowed the tempo down in the last two games. Anyway, two games unbeaten, bitches! Woohoo!
On to Fleetwood, who take the lead during a dominant first half-hour, after which it's allll Preston, baby. We look absolutely glorious in the second half, with the winner coming at the end of a beautiful twenty-odd pass move, and we shoud've had a few more by the final whistle. A combination of a more relaxed training regimen, coupled with a slower passing game, seems to be leading to a happier and fitter team who're able to play more to their potential. Result!
Hard-fought away win against a stubborn Wimbledon side, who we kept comfortably at bay until already winning 2-0 in injury time. What makes it even more satisfying is that Garcia and Danilinho had poor games after returning from injury and needed to come off. My head's still on the chopping block, but the board can't give me the boot if we keep winning matches...can they?
Thanks Scunthorpe, that'll be me buggered, then. They were in control for most of the game, but we still managed to keep things close until the winning goal, which came from a ridiculous mistake in the box, with centre-back Findlay allowing himself to be tackled in the box without any pressure whatsoever. All the more bizarre considering he was man of the match. Barring that, we'd have taken a point from a very difficult game.
A really poor performance against Crawley, but thankfully they were just as bad, and we managed to hold on for the win. Anything will do when your knackers are on the fire.
Shrewsbury gave us another difficult game, but we took the lead and held them off with an effective counter-attacking display. Unfortunately, all you need is one moment of brilliance to unravel a whole games' work when you have a slender lead, and a pinpoint knock-on from a corner gave one of their strikers an open goal to put his diving header into. Wee bast was on hand to clear off the line from us less than a minute later too :angry:
So, a very decent month overall; you wouldn't sniff at that if we were chasing the title. Unfortunately, we're 19th and ten points off the last promotion play-off slot. Next up is the FA Cup 1st Round - I've a feeling that it'll be bye-bye unless we win that, as the board are expecting at least a Third Round place, and my league record has a 0% satisfaction rating. It's going to be a scunner if I get the boot right as the team starts playing well :shutup

Archived