Dundee FC v Ross County 4/1/15

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I've taken in a match on my own and it wasn't too enjoyable. However, there were positives- as has been mentioned I thought Gary Irvine was impressive, constantly made good runs but was never picked out. Thomson for me slowed the game down too much at the end and I would have preferred Harkins on for him over McGowan and earlier.

We really should be beating 10 man Ross County though. They did well to hold out and had 10 men behind the ball mostly, but even some of their defending was a joke and we just could not do anything about it which was tragically disappointing. Clarkson was terrible. Not only the chance he missed but his play in general, and he is always moaning, if he spent about half the time getting involved as he does moaning he'd be class. Other than that I thought Greg was okay but agree with whoever it was that said he passed when he should've shot and vice-versa. I have no problem with the Tank other than his poor finishing...which is something he really should improve on, but we were definitely improved when he came on and he was our best player against St. Mirren as well. The boy Harris has no confidence to shoot, he did fine but not brilliantly, some very nice moments in there, such as his fired cross that McAlister nearly got onto the end of and his play just before Tank missed his chance (that he should have still buried).

I wasn't sure about the red card tbh I thought it could have been a yellow but I was in the main stand so it was quite far away from where I was. Will need to see it again. Timewasting was irritating though...

There were some eejit near me saying Hartley should 'pack his bags' which is just idiotic. Onto the next game now though, in Hartley we trust and I'm sure we'll pull it back! We are still 8th which is good and on a good points total for this stage.

Cheers mun. I dont think he has the athleticism or match fitness to play the lone striker role, so im not surprised he struggled playing as one of 10 men (albeit not on his own up front). Glad he got 60 mins tho, hope he continues to get an opportunity.

Yup, if we can get on the front foot playing at the right end of the pitch I think he'll score goals for us. Needs the service though.

Trying to think of how to describe Curran from today's game.......busy, vocal, hustling/terrier type. Not big but looks like he can hold his own. Quite different from anything we've had for a year or two. Bust a gut to get to the cross for his goal.

Wasn't impressed, will give him time though. Hows Boyle?

Boyle was impressive yesterday when he came on. The roar he got when he came on was amazing (mostly because every Hibs fan in the stand wanted him to score the winner) :lol:.

Looks decent enough, techniques there. He's clearly flat on confidence. A few times he had little time to think of what to do and just skipped by tackles. Other times he had all the time in the world and 'done a Boyle' and run straight into the defender.

That's why a loan spell would be good for him. Hopefully comes back next season as the player he was.

What do you lot think of Harris?

I actually quite liked him. It was his first game at a new club so he wasn't gonna be swaggering with confidence but I was impressed with his movement off the ball and his eye for a pass. A few more games will see more of those passes come off I think. Would rather have him than Boyle on that showing.

How long has Harris got left? Was it us that wanted Harris or you wanted Boyle? I still can't get my head around the deal other than Hartley wants him off the wage bill.

Think his contract runs out in 2017 i'm sure.

Well it's a least a step up from your usual pish of posting a Morrissey gif.

What part do you disagree with; the 6-2 or the Dundee are shit?

Big deal, your team scored a flukey result against us, you'd be better off calming yourself down or you'll be having a stroke, you silly old sod.

morrissey-cat-o.gif

Big deal, your team scored a flukey result against us, you'd be better off calming yourself down or you'll be having a stroke, you silly old sod.

morrissey-cat-o.gif

Flukey? C'mon Biggie that was a genuinely historic result.

BTW that's the only pussy you or Morrissey have seen in a long time.

Regarding Alex Harris, you can see he's not exactly filled with confidence. He's got a much better touch and delivery than Boyle but I can see games where he'll be even more anonymous than Boyle is. Boyle's pace always causes problems. Glad we've got this Harris in, wish it wasn't at the expense of Boyle though. One on either wing would have been nice.

One with decent delivery and not too lazy and the other just constantly running at the wing-backs, switching wings if it's not working as both offer different things.

Archived