Stirling Albion v Collection of Shitebags

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this league wasn't as shite as it is, we'd be sitting rubbing shoulders with Ayr and Stirling. I think we're lucky we aren't further down the table in all honesty. What a shambles.

The quality of the league isn't great, but it's the third tier, it never is, airdrie stenny and Peterhead are worse sides than us as things stand, just as it isn't bad luck we aren't up with stranrear, its not lucky we are above these sides, we are the 5th best side , that's not acceptable but lets not say its worse than it actually is.

I don't care about the quality of the league which can't actually be quantified in any meaningful way, I want to be the best side, whatever the quality allegedly is.

The quality of the league isn't great, but it's the third tier, it never is, airdrie stenny and Peterhead are worse sides than us as things stand, just as it isn't bad luck we aren't up with stranrear, its not lucky we are above these sides, we are the 5th best side , that's not acceptable but lets not say its worse than it actually is.

I don't care about the quality of the league which can't actually be quantified in any meaningful way, I want to be the best side, whatever the quality allegedly is.

I think you will have to wait a while for that to happen !!!

has he ever been at Dundee I know he was at United and Falkirk as a youth

Nope, he's never been at Dundee I don't think. Our youth system would have been pretty limited to boys in the local area due to administrations wiping things out.

Just got a few young lower league players that I keep my eye out for and judge if any of them could step up and he's impressed in some of the youtube highlights. From this division, I quite like him and a few of the Stranraer boys (Mitchell, Gallagher, Rumsby and Longridge).

Typical stuff for a team trained by Martyn Corrigan to lose a last-minute goal to Dunfermline. On three occasions last season, the Pars scored in injury time to turn draws into wins. That 5-4 game broke my heart.

How did Stennie get on today?

Utter cock

You get gubbed at home to Peterheid but are you posting about your own team? No you're on a Dunfermline thread with a smiley because we drew away from home. More obsessed by Dunfermline than fan of Airdrie,

I like the way you describe a desperate 2-2 draw against a dire part-time Stirling Albion side who had 10 men for the majority of the game as "a draw away from home" to make it sound better.

Almost won our 1st home game of the season battling performance from 10 man Albion today, deserved the 3 points but I predicted we would get something from this game only a point but given the fact that Ayr lost the margin is down to 4 points.

Major talking point of the match was the sending off of Lewis Coult in the 1st half. Never in my opinion a red card far less a yellow. Shocking referee decision today by Crawford Allan who gave us nothing all game yet allowed Dunfermline players to get away with a number of fouls. No wonder the Albion fans were furious at him for this decision.

I try not to be critical of referees, they are in a no win situation but you expect them to be even handed. If Coults foul was a sending off why was the foul off the ball against Creaney not a sending off. Not even a booking. The Pars number 3 committed foul after foul in the opening 15 minutes and no booking. Creaneys first tackle is judged a booking. Late in the game Smith was in a great position to score and gets fouled. A sending off you would imagine denying a scoring opportunity. Well no, a booking and advantage to Dunfermline.

On the park, Stirling were the better team in the 2nd half and deserved both points. Comrie, Beith and Gordon Smith were outstanding.

Things I learned after the game:

1. Stand side Lino got Coult sent off. I personally thought a yellow would have been harsh for the challenge.

2. The Dunfermline players were not allowed into the changing room and were queuing to get into the away dressing room one at at time to be torn a new one by Neil McCann (I believe). Harmonious stuff eh?

Stirling are gonnae give someone a tanking soon. Balmoor would be sweet.

2. The Dunfermline players were not allowed into the changing room and were queuing to get into the away dressing room one at at time to be torn a new one by Neil McCann (I believe). Harmonious stuff eh?.

Wow. It's as if no member of a management team has ever ripped in to their players. Perhaps he should have just given them a nice hug and some lovely words of praise. Maybe even a gift as well.

Folk must be joking about the red surely? Looked a bad challenge to me but willing to be proven wrong when the highlights come out.

As for us, what can you even say after that? Last minute equaliser against the worst team in the league, who were down to 10 men. I've never seen a team lose confidence so quickly after conceding a goal as we did today. We weren't great in the first half but I thought we looked to be heading for a fairly comfortable win. After Stirling equalised though we were utterly and completely shambolic. It was a gutless, pathetic display and they should all be thoroughly embarrassed about how they performed. Scully made a fantastic save or it would have been 3-1.

I was stunned that we actually got an equaliser at the end of the day, which just about takes it out the running for worst Pars result of all time. Although if you didn't laugh at the goalmouth scramble just before we scored then you clearly don't love football. One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen and summed up the game as two awful sides hacked and kicked blindly in a desperate attempt to get to the ball.

We've been nothing short of a disgrace this season and I don't think 90% of the squad could complain about getting chucked in the summer. It's frustrating and embarrassing but I know I'll be back watching us again this season as it's just what you do. I know other fans will be greatly amused by our horrendous form and who can blame them?

Potter said he was taking his time with new recruits this month but he must realise that he doesn't have time to f**k around here. We need new bodies desperately or otherwise we're not even going to have the play-offs at the end of the season.

Edit- Stirling definitely deserved to win the game. I still think they're a poor side but they have a hell of a lot of fight and that might end up being enough. Looked a different team after they got it back to 1-1 as they'd been beyond dreadful before then.

Wow. It's as if no member of a management team has ever ripped in to their players. Perhaps he should have just given them a nice hug and some lovely words of praise. Maybe even a gift as well.

Not saying I was surprised at them getting a bollocking but the way it was done I thought should be shared with The Fifers out there.

Not saying I was surprised at them getting a bollocking but the way it was done I thought should be shared with The Fifers out there.

Gosh, you're right! And in no way utterly transparent

Guest The Phoenix

The Dunfermline team and management were all in the changing room together post match.

It was their unused / under 20s players that were lined up outside.

Archived