Juniors Live on TV

Loughal

Let's be honest football at our level is not the greatest on the eye. I have watched junior games involving and not involving the Rose and they are not great. Saying that many of the games on TV are not great either. I would say a lot of people who watch games as fans , by this I mean they like watching their own team, but wouldn't cross the road to watch another team.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not Ian Black then. I heard he was the worst painter in Edinburgh.

Think it's time to shut the door on this. Iain Black? Not sure if I've ever met or viewed his work. Just remember art 'Is in the eye of the beholder' You and me pals again Gudd? :shutup

I do not advertise. Who knows you might be a tax man! Look at the bother that got my old club Rangers into.

Paintings my hobby, not my profession that I've long since retired from. That will remain my business. It would perhaps surprise you, then again maybe not.

Interesting reply L,and of course a timely reminder that,at this very moment,someone from HMRC ( Fine Arts division) is probably trawling this forum in the hope of netting some high-earning,tax-avoiding amateur painter.Which,unfortunately for Junior art aficionados,means that I have abandoned my plan to display pics of one the works from my Blue Period....'Teddy bears at play in the Copland Road stand'.

Soz guys. :(

Anyhoo,all the best with your future paintings.... as we say in the art world'.just keep dippin' your brush'. 8)

Let's be honest football at our level is not the greatest on the eye. I have watched junior games involving and not involving the Rose and they are not great. Saying that many of the games on TV are not great either. I would say a lot of people who watch games as fans , by this I mean they like watching their own team, but wouldn't cross the road to watch another team.

You make points that most would agree with. Yet I must be one of many who have got bored to the extent of switching off the very top teams in the world, bored as the ball circulates non stop often compared to basketball. If lacking the class of the so called teams with multi-million £ players the juniors have an honesty about them that can provide far better entertainment, Just compare watching your local junior team with what Rangers fans have had to suffer in recent years,

A competitive junior game in Scotland is as good as we will get, and it's real value for money. Bearing in mind that off field every team is run by volunteers, Unlike the seniors where so many of those running clubs are after every penny generated by supporters. Then we have those who eye up potential building sites in grounds owned by clubs, pour a few quid in for a season or two of glory then vanish over the horizon when any deal disappears.

Competitive ... ? You have to be kidding ... seriously. There are only 12 teams in the West Premier ... sometimes there are only 10 teams per division. That is pathetic nonsense .. not real competition. .. when they also refuse to play with all the other clubs ... not very clever and not the case in other countries ... so very few people want to watch the resulting disaster of standards, grounds, finances, etc .. I appreciate you are a fan, but you need to get into the REAL world.

Junior Clubs need to GROW UP ... then more people will go out of their busy way to watch them. Why should communities get involved with clubs, who refuse to be involved in their communities (ie community club ?). ... refuse to be properly organised ... refuse to be in SFA, where the action should be. All this `side show` stuff is

amusing at best, but mostly sick ....

Competitive ... ? You have to be kidding ... seriously. There are only 12 teams in the West Premier ... sometimes there are only 10 teams per division. That is pathetic nonsense .. not real competition. .. when they also refuse to play with all the other clubs ... not very clever and not the case in other countries ... so very few people want to watch the resulting disaster of standards, grounds, finances, etc .. I appreciate you are a fan, but you need to get into the REAL world.

Junior Clubs need to GROW UP ... then more people will go out of their busy way to watch them. Why should communities get involved with clubs, who refuse to be involved in their communities (ie community club ?). ... refuse to be properly organised ... refuse to be in SFA, where the action should be. All this `side show` stuff is

Just how many Junior clubs are involved in their communities? Would be interesting to know. Are they supported in anyway financially or otherwise by local councils.

You also rerer to clubs refusing to be in the SFA. How many juniors have the fascilities that they demand and refuse to be associated. Seems to me that they would be silly to refuse the cash that is given and what can be earned in gates in meeting senior clubs. Prime examples of that gravy train are Auchinleck Talbot @ Tyncastle and Meadow at Easter Road(Refuted £90,000 there

Anyhow 'How many clubs are involved in the community'?)

Your interpretation of my post where I was talking of value and entertainment is strange. I never said things were perfect. Indeed I'm all in favour of Tom Johnstone's SJFA considering having a go at summer football. (at least November to February off), Friday night fixtures,sitting shirt sleeved on the terracing chasing away the midgies and leagues that can be kept within a level number of games played.Doing away with all the uncertainty of fixtures during these months.

Sure worth having a go in my mind.

Looks as though the two Rose fans have a quite a definate opinion of you.

Archived