Juniors Live on TV

Loughal

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen that Loughal Am sure they will add it into the rule book to make it illegal.That will be the next thing ooh you need to have a live streaming license

Great idea and if they have the capabilities then why not the guys that film the games do a great job already!!

Promotional benefits far out weigh any argument for license charges etc imo. think all the camera folk in the juniors should form some sort of group where we can all be members and share expierence, skills and even get some sort of shared format on the go like they have done with the highland league to an extent.

Great service but clubs need to be sure that fans aren't substituting watching the stream instead of going to the game.

In my opinion what the sjfa should be doing is setting up a YouTube channel on their own. Combine the footage from the guys that are already filming into highlights along with a few more indepth interviews and maybe a bit of anysis. To keep the costs down and keep the community aspect up they should be looking for volunteers from the colleges and universities who offer media courses. I am sure they would jump at the opportunity. You could have a separate channel for the cup to increase the amount of advertising and exposure available to sponsors etc.

Great service but clubs need to be sure that fans aren't substituting watching the stream instead of going to the game.

In my opinion what the sjfa should be doing is setting up a YouTube channel on their own. Combine the footage from the guys that are already filming into highlights along with a few more indepth interviews and maybe a bit of anysis. To keep the costs down and keep the community aspect up they should be looking for volunteers from the colleges and universities who offer media courses. I am sure they would jump at the opportunity. You could have a separate channel for the cup to increase the amount of advertising and exposure available to sponsors etc.

Quality post! Everyone wins the guys that film get help and exposure the colleges etc get recognition and also it could be used as a part of their course work in some cases, the clubs get exposure, the fans get to see that their 'the ref was wrong' shout was wrong as happened to myself and other Arthurlie supporters earlier in the season, and more importantly our grade gets exposure in the one place making it so much more attractive to sponsorship deals!

Quality post! Everyone wins the guys that film get help and exposure the colleges etc get recognition and also it could be used as a part of their course work in some cases, the clubs get exposure, the fans get to see that their 'the ref was wrong' shout was wrong as happened to myself and other Arthurlie supporters earlier in the season, and more importantly our grade gets exposure in the one place making it so much more attractive to sponsorship deals!

Thanks,

Your radio show could also be incorporated into the channel, and with your contacts I'm sure you would be useful drumming up the analysis pundits...

Anybody out there involved in media, uni/colleges, etc?

Ffs quality post mate,quality post.

Is there anybody from the Sjfa on here reading this?.If so get it brought up at a meeting and get it discussed at the very least

Ffs quality post mate,quality post.

Is there anybody from the Sjfa on here reading this?.If so get it brought up at a meeting and get it discussed at the very least

I do hope there is! FFS it's twenty plus quid to go and watch a 'big' teams plus transport food etc

For a tenner you get in a programme a pie and a bovril plus change! You also get to stand where you want and move elsewhere if some numpty is bursting your heed!

It's a fantastic product that's not undersold as such just not sold at all!

Heard that Linkithgow v Sauchie was live on You Tube yesterday. Also another game live week before.

Is this allowed by SJFA rules?

Does it potentially fall foul of SFA rules about broadcasting between 2:45pm & 5:15pm on Saturdays?

Do SPFL clubs (e.g. Raith, Falkirk) stream in UK or only abroad?

EDIT: Certainly the Raith service seems to be explicitly "outside the UK & Ireland".

http://www.raithroversabroad.net/

EDIT AGAIN: Similarly Falkirk "outside of the UK and Ireland".

http://www.falkirkfc.tv//index.php?option=com_acctexp&task=subscribe

However, that may be an SPFL condition not an SFA one, or perhaps there's a loophole that non-league games don't fall under it (like transfer windows).

Obviously if it's the home club doing the streaming - in league games - only they lose out if the attendance is affected: question would be whether the streaming of live games (particularly lots of them) was likely to cause some people to not attend other games in person.

Whilst I agree its a good idea it needs looked at more for the long term.

If your team is away from home and
if it was freezing and you decided to stay at home and essentially watch it on TV
you are surely going to cost the home club gate money... maybe not a lot

but If I were the home club I would be wary of this just now

Highlights are one thing but live streaming raises a whole lot of questions

Combine the footage from the guys that are already filming into highlights along with a few more indepth interviews and maybe a bit of anysis. To keep the costs down and keep the community aspect up they should be looking for volunteers from the colleges and universities who offer media courses. I am sure they would jump at the opportunity.

Getting the right folk would be the biggest challenge imo, Students that are suppose to being doing the Hurlford website, no harm to them, haven't done much as been holiday the last two weeks and still need to learn how to use the software, what the club want etc so further meetings required, also they move onto the next year of their course or go onto uni, work commitments, summer holidays. Don't get me wrong there is prob a couple of students who would snap your hand off but defo need proper coordination for it not to be a shambles

Not bothered really about live games...the juniors contravening international broadcasting laws would be hilarious... But a you tube channel with highlights interviews etc would be excellent.

Agree with this. Junior football is all about being at the game for me. It's ok watching top european or international games on tv but not the juniors , you lose half the appeal of it by watching it live on tv.

Youtube channel would be excellent though.

Archived