Hamilton Accies v Dundee Uniteds - 12 Jan 2015

With regards to the "Telfer tackle".....no one has seemed to notice or mention that Imrie came in over the top of the ball, studs up and both feet off the ground. Had Telfer not went in as he had he could have been the one on the end of a sore one! Imrie had a cheek to whine. He's not shy of a tackle, most notably the one on the young boy McCabe!

I know the incident your referring to, he didnt tackle over the ball, he stood on the ball and slipped over it, that's why I assume the ref just gave a foul to united.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the incident your referring to, he didnt tackle over the ball, he stood on the ball and slipped over it, that's why I assume the ref just gave a fowl to united.

No, he dived in with both feet. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the suggestion that both feet were off the ground or that the studs were particularly high but he dived in. Telfer was stretching for the ball, missed it and came down on Imrie's knee.

No, he dived in with both feet. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the suggestion that both feet were off the ground or that the studs were particularly high but he dived in. Telfer was stretching for the ball, missed it and came down on Imrie's knee.

I haven't watched the highlights so I don't know if it was shown so if your getting that from the highlights then I will take a look again, the incident happened right in front of where I was sitting and clearly looking like he tried to step to try and win the ball, but stood on it and slipped.

I haven't watched the highlights so I don't know if it was shown so if your getting that from the highlights then I will take a look again, the incident happened right in front of where I was sitting and clearly looking like he tried to step to try and win the ball, but stood on it and slipped.

It was repeated about a dozen times during the TV coverage and it's quite clear what happened. The incident was followed by Aidan Connolly getting booed for the rest of the game, which tells you everything about the view that many Accies fans had of the incident.

I know the incident your referring to, he didnt tackle over the ball, he stood on the ball and slipped over it, that's why I assume the ref just gave a fowl to united.

McAllister talking pish about the "standing leg" of Imrie.

Imrie was off his feet and over the top of the ball too.

8)

It was repeated about a dozen times during the TV coverage and it's quite clear what happened. The incident was followed by Aidan Connolly getting booed for the rest of the game, which tells you everything about the view that many Accies fans had of the incident.

Till i see it again, we'll have to agree to disagree.

He gave a 'foul' for a player standing and slipping on the ball? lol

He gave a 'foul' for a player standing and slipping on the ball? lol

What's funny about that, the Dundee united player had the ball, an opposition player tried to make a tackle, slipped on the ball and as a result impeded the united player, meaning the ref should give a foul.

That's of course what should be the case had he slipped, but as people have pointed out, having watched the game on the tv, he in fact made a bad challenge.

Just watched the highlights of this game and their was some cracking goals.

Both clubs are a credit to themselves and the league.

Keep it up guys.

I think that's the first time you've said anything positive about Accies.

I'm getting a little teary-eyed.

I think that's the first time you've said anything positive about Accies.

I'm getting a little teary-eyed.

If you read the Accies thread around July I said you will have a good season and won't struggle (or words to that effect)

We are all Accies

:lol:

Switch skin colours and that's blatant racism tbh.

Archived