League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

Suppose Burntisland may tolerate 6 months to a season playing out of Alloa if that's what it took to bring the ground to standard.

Burntisland Shipyard have not applied to join. Furthermore, we are a Burntisland team and that is where we will play. In my opinion no clubs should be ground sharing. If you don't have the facilities you should not be in the league.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come we never hear the Berwick, Annan or any other of the SPFL 2 fans complaining about the journey? I agree I wouldn't like it.

Cos they believe te alternative ( the lowland league) is horendous and can't be considered. It's a careful what you wish fe scenario.

Burntisland Shipyard have not applied to join. Furthermore, we are a Burntisland team and that is where we will play. In my opinion no clubs should be ground sharing. If you don't have the facilities you should not be in the league.

Just speculation, it's what we are all up to trying to stitch the little bits of info out there together.

I don't get why people are so against ground shares, you say if clubs don't have the facilities but surely ground sharing is just another way of doing that? Are clubs ground sharing really doing anything different to the many clubs leasing grounds or even to those that have the ground up as security against a loan?

Right, they only got a mention here because of the groundshare with Airdrie angle in an earlier post, if as appeared to be suggested that would be something separate from Edusport's application. Does anyone know for sure whether Duns and Coldstream applied? Think I have seen a newspaper link confirming the former would be, but nothing stronger than a "believed to be" in the latter case.

Right, they only got a mention here because of the groundshare with Airdrie angle in an earlier post, if as appeared to be suggested that would be something separate from Edusport's application. Does anyone know for sure whether Duns and Coldstream applied? Think I have seen a newspaper link confirming the former would be, but nothing stronger than a "believed to be" in the latter case.

Gartcairn have their own park.

No huge surprise if you lot are leaving Broadwood and presumably they wouldn't be having to groundshare. If AM soccer and Edusport are both applicants then one out of Duns, Coldstream and Burntisland Shipyard have decided not to apply if the earlier figure of 5 applicants is accurate.

Yeah, would be interesting to see what type of crowds they get if they do get in. The big problem with Broadwood is the safety certificate for the ground requires a ridiculous amount of stewards.

Would hope they change the name if they do get in. Cumbernauld colts, AM Soccer they just don't sound like proper football teams.

Yeah, would be interesting to see what type of crowds they get if they do get in. The big problem with Broadwood is the safety certificate for the ground requires a ridiculous amount of stewards.

Would hope they change the name if they do get in. Cumbernauld colts, AM Soccer they just don't sound like proper football teams.

That's because they`re not!

I went along to Edusport's recent midweek game at Hamilton Palace - they're a good side who won 9-0 on the night, with some of the French guys they have looking outstanding, but the problem is they have literally no support. At a guess there were 20-25 people there, and most of them seemed to be unused squad players unless Hamilton's suddenly gathered a French expat community.

As things stand, they've not really had any need to engage with the area they're playing in as their current business model is self-supporting so whether or not anyone turns up for their games is more or less an irrelevance, but were they to take it a step further I don't know how they'd go about building a local support apart from the novelty factor given that they're essentially a French team playing in a Scottish setup.

Bankies Alive....I am not having a go here....but honestly, why do you come on to this forum?...You just slaughter most of the moves our league makes and criticise teams who want to join the Lowland League by saying they are not proper teams....so why do you come on here and bother?

The pyramid could and should have been so much better.

Look at the clubs or are they even clubs that are being talked about as being a part of it!

The whole thing is a farce.

I keep hoping to read that its being revamped but it just seems to be getting more ludicrous by the day!

Again speaking as an outsider, this would have been the ideal time for Clydebank to apply, groundsharing is common, fan ownership is common and they have went from new boys in Div 2 of the CDL to almost the top of the tree in 12 years in the Juniors, really not much more to prove in that level. I would have thought a league that offers the chance of trying against the big boys after a promotion would be the next logical step.

Again once the LL is full, they can always try their luck in future years to get into the EOS or SOS or whatever the entry league will be if and when they decide to apply.

AM Soccer? EduSport? Cumbernbauld Colts? whit?

I think this more than anything demonstrates that the SFA have completely dropped the ball when it comes to the Pyramid. When BSC joined the credibility of the LL diminished, if one or more of the above three join, it will completely disappear down the pan.

Oh what could have been.

Archived