League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

Alright let's say we split it three ways. This seems the most obvious way to do it...

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Oh. Look at that. All the teams in the western side of the Central Belt will be in a league with all the teams currently in the South of Scotland League. Who'da thunk it?

It's easier for teams from places like Dumfries and Wigton, etc. to go up to Ayrshire and Lanarkshire than across to the Borders. It makes sense to turn the South of Scotland league into a Lowland West League and the East of Scotland into Lowland East League. If there was to further "fattening" of the pyramid in the sixth tier for the Highland League I'd presume the split would be dividing Tayside/Angus and, possibly, the Grampians, away from the far North and Western Highland teams.

Exactly, my previous point better put. It doesnt matter what you call these leagues, they still will cover the same ground. The likes of Clydebank would still see a problem with it no matter what it is called. Small teams here in England where I live travel huge distances with no more fans than others in Scotland and dont moan about it. Get over it lads and make the system work.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From twitter:
Cumbernauld Colts:

Club is delighted to confirm that its application to become a full member of the Scottish FA has been approved @OfficialCColts @sfa_central

Good news, but if confirmed does that not mean that Cumbernauld have to travel from (heaven forbid) Glasgow area to the likes of Threave in the South of Scotland? I know its a level up, but Good on them for trying to make it work, others should start to act accordingly.

Exactly, my previous point better put. It doesnt matter what you call these leagues, they still will cover the same ground. The likes of Clydebank would still see a problem with it no matter what it is called. Small teams here in England where I live travel huge distances with no more fans than others in Scotland and dont moan about it. Get over it lads and make the system work.

You obviously have no clue about football finances at non league level.

Try telling supporters that you are going to waste half of the clubs budget on needless bus journeys to play poorer quality opposition and see how far you get!

Girvan left the SoS League to play in the Ayrshire District League Juniors because the competition was dreadful.

The SoS League is a very poor league with totally sub standard facilities,half the grounds are just public parks.

Do you seriously think that the the likes of Talbot,Pollok and Clydebank should go and play in it?

Good news, but if confirmed does that not mean that Cumbernauld have to travel from (heaven forbid) Glasgow area to the likes of Threave in the South of Scotland? I know its a level up, but Good on them for trying to make it work, others should start to act accordingly.

They have made a Lowland League application, so odds on they get in to that league rather than the SoS given they would be playing at Broadwood as the primary tenant.

Try telling supporters that you are going to waste half of the clubs budget on needless bus journeys to play poorer quality opposition and see how far you get!

Girvan left the SoS League to play in the Ayrshire District League Juniors because the competition was dreadful.

The SoS League is a very poor league with totally sub standard facilities,half the grounds are just public parks.

Do you seriously think that the the likes of Talbot,Pollok and Clydebank should go and play in it?

Then what is the point of moaning? Unless you get a league with clubs from around a mile radius of the club Clydebank arent going to be interested. So acept the situation or get of the board. Where will be 'local' enough for Clydebank? I actually work with a non-league club here in Lancashire, with only money from donations etc and we travel to all over Manchester, Liverpool and Yorkshire.

And in any case, as has been said before. The current system is not perfect. Clubs (particularly those with a positive outlook) have to work with the system as is and change it for the better. I see that happening by 'bigger' clubs entering the SOS league and making it more competitive and then perhaps changing its name and focus later. neither option would suit Clydebank it seems as you dont seem willing to travel and if youre too small to do that, then you should not be considering the option imo.

Exactly - plus it's a perpetual burden as opposed to a one-off cost. Also many clubs who don't share still rent - Edinburgh City don't own Meadowbank.

Why build additional stadiums in places like Dumfries, Stirling or Cumbernauld when existing (and sometimes publically-funded) venues are in place.

EDIT: Btw, I see about 2 days after the Airdrie Gartcairn chap's unhappiness about groundsharing/playing outwith your home town, they failed an SJFA inspection... now going to Coatbridge :lol:!!

lol just so you know, Gartcairn represent Monklands of which Coatbridge is a part of

From twitter:
Cumbernauld Colts:

Club is delighted to confirm that its application to become a full member of the Scottish FA has been approved @OfficialCColts @sfa_central

Good info. Take it that means they'll be in the Scottish Cup from now on at least. No word on licencing though? Maybe a formality for them given their youth teams and stadium; wonder if they'll be waiting for the SFA meeting on 23rd July along with Civil. Would be good to see them in the LL from this season - they'd lend credibility to it given their potential fan-base and location. Hopefully they'll ditch the 'Colts' name for their senior first team though!

Good info. Take it that means they'll be in the Scottish Cup from now on at least. No word on licencing though? Maybe a formality for them given their youth teams and stadium; wonder if they'll be waiting for the SFA meeting on 23rd July along with Civil. Would be good to see them in the LL from this season - they'd lend credibility to it given their potential fan-base and location. Hopefully they'll ditch the 'Colts' name for their senior first team though!

Don't you now have to get a license to become an SFA member meaning that they must have already become licensed if they have become a member?

Well, to get into the Scottish Cup you have to be licensed but there are some teams that still get in for historical reasons (I think 2015-16 is the last season that those unlicensed teams will get in).

Criteria to become an SFA member is now the same as the criteria to become licensed, so when a club achieves one it means it can achieve both.

Clubs which have been members for decades or even a century and more, when the criteria was much more relaxed, don't have to be licensed (yet). In practice there is barely a member not known to be working towards licensing anyway.

http://slfl.co.uk/cumbernauld-colts-admitted-to-lowland-league/

Five clubs initially applied with one club withdrawing during the process.

As a result of this process we are delighted to confirm that Cumbernauld Colts have been selected to play in the league next season.

League Chairman Andrew Waddell said, “The Board looked carefully at all the applications and decided that Cumbernauld Colts should be admitted to the league.

Archived