League Vacancies

HibeeJibee

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think something smells really fishy here.

Four clubs (BSC,Stirling, VoL and Cumbernauld) all without licenses but still continue.

It would be good for the LL board to explain what the rationale for this is and what system was used to reach the decision.

If I was with a club that had spent the time and money as some clubs have and get a knock back I would be asking the SFA some questions.

Who does actually make the decisions? Who are the board?

Come on LL its time to come clean and give the reasons for the decisions.

I believe Stirling uni have been granted one at the last meeting.

I think the only club really struggling for a licence will be VOL. Hope they get an extension as they have improved the ground recently which is a lot harder than simply renting out someone elses facilities.

Right, but it is the obvious way around announcing the news that they have a licence if they are not allowed to do that part of the equation.

Seems unlikely that you could announce one but not the other. Why would css be allowed to announce that they failed with their licence this time but bsc aren't allowed to say theirs has been granted. Coldstream have discussed theirs in the paper. Every other team in the last few years has posted on social media in fact I think the last teams that the sfa kept the public up to date on Were turriff and formartine 3 or 4 years ago!

I think hibeejibee posted previously that new membership and licence are now the same.

Criteria are the same. Not 100% sure about process/order by which they're granted.

Both the LL statement and an interview in the D&GNews make clear not all are licensed, but all expect to be in July. Latter clarifies it as 3 clubs:

http://slfl.co.uk/cumbernauld-colts-admitted-to-lowland-league/

The League board expect all our clubs to achieve a ‘Club License’ at the July Licensing committee.

http://www.dgnews-sport.co.uk/?art=1671&page=home&title=CUMBERNAULD+COLTS+BRINGS+LOWLAND+LEAGUE+UP+TO+15+CLUBS

Mr Waddell revealed that there are currently three clubs in the league who still don’t hold a licence but he added that these clubs will be awarded licenses at the next licensing committee, which is held in July.

Presumably this is the July licensing committee meeting which Civil Service Strollers website clarifies as being July 23rd:

http://csstrollers.co.uk/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=1

Strollers failed to make license on 2 points and are back to Hampden on the 23rd July and hope to complete these items prior to this visit. This should lead to us gaining our License in time for the coming season.

Criteria are the same. Not 100% sure about process/order by which they're granted.

Both the LL statement and an interview in the D&GNews make clear not all are licensed, but all expect to be in July. Latter clarifies it as 3 clubs:

Presumably this is the July licensing committee meeting which Civil Service Strollers website clarifies as being July 23rd:

I wonder if the unlicensed non members will get to play in the Scottish cup the year

Format for the Scottish cup was announced on the 4th of July last year so the 23rd might be too late for bsc and Stirling uni to be included in this year's tournament as well as any others who are close to licencing at the moment.

2013/14 format was released on the 24th of July but there was no preliminary round that year

There must have been a lot of work done at Lochburn since I was there a couple of weeks ago for it to meet licensing requirements...................... :blink:

So yer having a go at a junior sides ground now....

ffs

If ye spent half as much time at yer own club than on this thread alone I'm sure yer own club be in better place.

There must have been a lot of work done at Lochburn since I was there a couple of weeks ago for it to meet licensing requirements...................... :blink:

...or it's easier to get in than you thought. I was flabbergasted that Fort William were able to get in. Think the difficult bits are the dressing rooms and toilet blocks and they are quite lenient on the rest as long as there is some kind of roof available to cover about 100 people.

So yer having a go at a junior sides ground now....

ffs

If ye spent half as much time at yer own club than on this thread alone I'm sure yer own club be in better place.

I`m not having a go at it at all,its a nice wee ground.

Just surprised that it is anywhere near whats written down for licensing that`s all!

full credit to any team that spends the money to make the critea to gain entry to the lowland league

which is strange the Civil failed at present as they have spent loads

that being said I know that when entry is gained said teams will attract better players but to allow teams in that are in all fairness poor does nothinh to enhance the standard of the league

saying that good luck to them as at least they are making the effort

for example Lothian have won the league 2 years in a row and are still stuck in EOS losing their best players again because they have not been able to sort out their affairs ( I know the council have blocked them ) but they need to move on if civil service can do it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I`m not having a go at it at all,its a nice wee ground.

Just surprised that it is anywhere near whats written down for licensing that`s all!

What does it fall short on? Heard a lot on here about the pitch but not much about the facilities.

Anything and everything that needed done at lochburn park has been done and also spending a lot of money on the playing surface because bsc glasgow want to be in the lowland league

last season Civil were at best average in the EOS ,,1 cup run to a final yes but that was it

if entry to Lowland they would need a new team stillsdoes not explain why they did not gain entry as they have upgraded everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know nothing of Cumbernauld but going by the league they play in they will prob need lots players as well

last season Civil were at best average in the EOS ,,1 cup run to a final yes but that was it

if entry to Lowland they would need a new team stillsdoes not explain why they did not gain entry as they have upgraded everything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know nothing of Cumbernauld but going by the league they play in they will prob need lots players as well

No doubt both teams will need players, but EK were an amateur side 24 months ago and now have a side that is capable of operating at the very top end of non league football IMO ( incredible in that they don't pay players............ ). So it's possible to build a squad very quickly if it's on the right setting.

BSC have come good quickly too. Precedents have been set.

Archived