Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's bullshit. Many players don't care about playing, they are only interested in their wage slip. Do you really think Smith will give a toss if he is on the bench for the rest of the season?

Yes. Of course I do. It's football. People want to play it regardless of who they are and where they're at. Even then if you don't think Smith will care, what about the young guys/reserves there dying to get a shot in the team, how will they feel and act in training knowing no matter how hard they try or how well they do they won't be playing?!?

Let's be honest - these five players from Newcastle should be decent, and should improve the quality of Rangers' squad.

However, McDowall stating that he has been instructed to play these players could piss off the players who were already there - who will be the first to suffer from Ashley Flu?

And, how motivated will these players be if they know they haven't had to earn their place?

Also, McDowall making this public could well be an indication that he's had enough, and wants to be sacked.

Fairly obvious points.

I think Rangers seriously need to rid themselves of this Ashley c**t before he runs them right into the ground.

Given that McDowall has already handed in his notice I reckon he's not particularly bothered about job security.

And Ashley seems to be the only one offering any solutions

Players want to play as they'll have the chance of appearance money and win/ draw bonuses. Also a certain amount of games played may trigger a contract extension or even a wage rise?

In theory this could be the gee up that Rangers need but in all reality it'll end up in a farcical clusterfuck thatll feed the weegie medja for weeks 8)

Let's be honest - these five players from Newcastle should be decent, and should improve the quality of Rangers' squad.

However, McDowall stating that he has been instructed to play these players could piss off the players who were already there - who will be the first to suffer from Ashley Flu?

And, how motivated will these players be if they know they haven't had to earn their place?

Also, McDowall making this public could well be an indication that he's had enough, and wants to be sacked.

Fairly obvious points.

I think Rangers seriously need to rid themselves of this Ashley c**t before he runs them right into the ground.

Having said all this, they could still end this most turbulent of seasons by gaining promotion to the top league.

Would promotion, though, merely mask their off field problems?

To get into a position where they have a good chance of getting back into the top league in such a short time tells us that they've got a lot of things right. It does look, though, that they've also got a lot of things wrong.

I don't think it's that easy, considering the stranglehold he has on the finances, the Board, the Assets and the Retail side of things.

In a nutshell, without him Rangers would be absolutely dead.

5 players should be ok. Just dunno how the squads gonna feel when Smith/Aird/McGregor/Foster/Black all get dropped. Sure there'll be a lot of even unhappier faces kicking about sports direct park.

Is this maybe a way of getting those on bigger salaries pissed off enough to consider asking for a transfer - maybe get them out of theeir onerous coontracts?

Just a thought..... :unsure:

I don't think it's that easy, considering the stranglehold he has on the finances, the Board, the Assets and the Retail side of things.

In a nutshell, without him Rangers would be absolutely dead.

He's not the saviour I'd wish for if I were a Rangers fan but he is the only one to have actually put any money in to this project recently.

He's not the saviour I'd wish for if I were a Rangers fan but he is the only one to have actually put any money in to this project recently.

That's what I was getting at.

Mike "Sugar Daddy" Ashley.... :thumsup2 .....pleasing.

Because the board rejected offers from the likes of King, the 3 Bears and Robert Sarver.

The claim Rangers would have ran out of money had it not been for Ashley is simply not true.

Because the board rejected offers from the likes of King, the 3 Bears and Robert Sarver.

The claim Rangers would have ran out of money had it not been for Ashley is simply not true.

On what terms were these other Parties offering money?

They also wanted seats on the Board akin the Ashley.

On what terms were these other Parties offering money?

They also wanted seats on the Board akin the Ashley.

Terms which would have meant the club wouldn't have ran out of money. :)

Surely you'd agree though that Ashley wasn't the only option?

As for the rescheduled match, sticking with my initial prediction of 2-1 Rangers.

Terms which would have meant the club wouldn't have ran out of money. :)

Surely you'd agree though that Ashley wasn't the only option?

As for the rescheduled match, sticking with my initial prediction of 2-1 Rangers.

I agree Ashley wasn't the only option but as I've said on the BRALT previously, I really fail to understand the blind faith swathes of the Rangers support has in Dave King though.

I agree Ashley wasn't the only option but as I've said on the BRALT previously, I really fail to understand the blind faith swathes of the Rangers support has in Dave King though.

Not sure it's "blind faith" as fans know all about King and his intentions for Rangers. They also know he's trusted by fans groups, Rangers legends and maybe more importantly the 3 Bears.

My interpretation of fans' general opinion of King is they want to believe he'll be the one to finally have Rangers on a sound financial footing with a team capable of challenging for the Premiership but.... given so many before him have failed to deliver they'll remain sceptical until it happens. I wouldn't say that's blind faith but more an educated assumption. Could be wrong. Time will tell.

Plenty of non-Rangers fans think King will not make good on his promises and simply drain Rangers of as much money as he possibly can. I'd say that's blind faith on their part and very unlikely to happen. An "out there" conspiracy theory. :)

Their desperation for him to fail is, in my opinion, a reluctant acceptance King actually will be the one to have Rangers where they should be. A bitterness. A jealousy. An acceptance the days of laughing at Rangers may be coming to an end.

Not sure it's "blind faith" as fans know all about King and his intentions for Rangers. They also know he's trusted by fans groups, Rangers legends and maybe more importantly the 3 Bears.

My interpretation of fans' general opinion of King is they want to believe he'll be the one to finally have Rangers on a sound financial footing with a team capable of challenging for the Premiership but.... given so many before him have failed to deliver they'll remain sceptical until it happens. I wouldn't say that's blind faith but more an educated assumption. Could be wrong. Time will tell.

Plenty of non-Rangers fans think King will not make good on his promises and simply drain Rangers of as much money as he possibly can. I'd say that's blind faith on their part and very unlikely to happen. An "out there" conspiracy theory. :)

Their desperation for him to fail is, in my opinion, a reluctant acceptance King actually will be the one to have Rangers where they should be. A bitterness. A jealousy. An acceptance the days of laughing at Rangers may be coming to an end.

as long as your team continues to attract large swathes of Scotland's most bigoted troglodytes as a support, I'll always laugh at them.

Thepundit is always good value on here :lol:

I'll be better value when Rangers are winning trophies.

Or more annoying, at least. :)

Only a matter of time. (and it's the only way I've been able to deal with Hearts wiping the floor with Rangers during this current league campaign to be honest! :) )

Archived