Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at his YouTube account, he hasn't uploaded anything since Dumbarton away in August.

Shame - I used to enjoy the in-game shouts and comments that he picked up, the two penalties and Baird would no doubt have generated some belters :P

Mr Goo has been ill though he is back watching games sometimes.

Good stuff.

There was nobody on the line, if Gav flicked it in he must have been offside. Ref give us one there. Guy on the tannoy must have eagle eyes as he announced Reilly as the scorer.

Sibbald was stationed on the line at the back post. Didn't move until he collected the ball from the back of the net.

Shame - I used to enjoy the in-game shouts and comments that he picked up, the two penalties and Baird would no doubt have generated some belters :P

Good stuff.

Mr Goo is thankfully making very good progress in his recovery - a remarkable turn around from the initial news of his condition - and has been at most games of late but filming isnt really a priority anymore i'd guess. Whilst there on Saturday to be fair Falkirk was always a difficult one to do though as the Stewards tended to notice him - to the point of him buying a watch with a built in camera from some 'spy' shop to secretly film a game once.

The off camera comments would indeed have been interesting as not even the presence of ''wee Sandy'' saved the ref or certain ex players of a comment or two.

Though having watched the incident for the second pen i wouldnt argue over much with the penalty personally - think red was a little harsh though - i dont think Durnan had much chance of getting out of the way.

I only had time to flick to the main incidents. So can only comment on those things. Falkirk's first penalty is clearly a tug outside the box. Anyone who thinks the initial contact was inside the area, after watching the highlights, seriously needs their eyes tested. In the ref's defence though, when I watched it in real time, I thought it could have been inside the box. It was only after the slow motion replay that it was clear it was outside the box. The ref only gets one look at it, so I can't say I'm furious.

Loy's celebration wasn't rage inducing either tbh, but it was pretty pointless. Though nothing wrong with it, I didn't see the purpose of it? Surely the QoS fans weren't giving him pelters?

Nothing wrong with our goal. Even if Reilly got the touch (which the ref clearly thought he did) there was a man on the post/pitch behind McDonald, so definitely not offside.

The second penalty I thought was the correct shout. The initial contact with Durnan's arm was just unlucky and Durnan could do nothing about it. But in a split second afterwards Durnan clearly moves his arm as if to claw at the ball. The linesman has obviously spotted this movement and rightly awarded the penalty. If Durnan hadn't moved his arm, and just kept it tight by his side after the initial contact then I think he'd have got away with it (which in that instance would have been the correct decision). The fact that Durnan wasn't screaming at the red card decision shows his guilt as well IMO.

Cracking save from Atkinson. I'd keep the boy in goal just now, especially with a big cup game coming up that he will have to play in. I think playing him from now until at least then is more beneficial to everyone, rather than dropping him until the Saints game.

Having seen it again I havent changed my view on the first penalty. All the contact is outside the box and it is not even particularly close to it. Durnan grabs Loy's arm about a yard outside the box and lets go still a foot or so outside. An off balance Loy is spun round and tumbles backwards into the box and the referee is fooled by where he ended up falling into giving a penalty. It is a pretty needless challenge too. The idea as suggested on here that Loy was bursting in on goal is fanciful.

Reilly clearly does flick Russell's shot over MacDonald who may even have been saving it but for the flick. He is clearly onside too. There is a defender on the post.

Durnan is unlucky on the second one. Pretty sure he didnt mean it but the ball hits his hand twice.

Save from Atkinson doesnt get any less brilliant on seeing it again.

Loy's celebration wasn't rage inducing either tbh, but it was pretty pointless. Though nothing wrong with it, I didn't see the purpose of it? Surely the QoS fans weren't giving him pelters?

I wasn`t there so don`t know if they were or not. They certainly have previously. Presumably for the sin of being from Dumfries but not playing for us. A bit sad if so.

Durnan doesnt restrict Loys movement till he enters the box due to Loy turning.....

A players reaction tells you all you need to do, Durnan argues with your goalie and not the ref.....

Never heard so much drivel in my life, if someone is running forward and they are pulled back it doesn't make you jump forward. He cheated to make sure he got the penalty, Durnan is guilty of a tug on his arm outside but he lets go before the jump into the box. He is arguing with the linesman not our keeper. Second penalty is extremely hard to disagree with seems to handball it twice.

Having seen it again I havent changed my view on the first penalty. All the contact is outside the box and it is not even particularly close to it. Durnan grabs Loy's arm about a yard outside the box and lets go still a foot or so outside. An off balance Loy is spun round and tumbles backwards into the box and the referee is fooled by where he ended up falling into giving a penalty. It is a pretty needless challenge too. The idea as suggested on here that Loy was bursting in on goal is fanciful.

Reilly clearly does flick Russell's shot over MacDonald who may even have been saving it but for the flick. He is clearly onside too. There is a defender on the post.

Durnan is unlucky on the second one. Pretty sure he didnt mean it but the ball hits his hand twice.

Save from Atkinson doesnt get any less brilliant on seeing it again.

QOS have no chance of Durnan's sending off being cleared IMO. He clearly stops it going in with his arm and then moves his arm forward and hits the ball again. I agree the first penalty was just outside. The save at the end was superb. He even got the break that it didn't rebound to a Falkirk player.

QOS have no chance of Durnan's sending off being cleared IMO. He clearly stops it going in with his arm and then moves his arm forward and hits the ball again. I agree the first penalty was just outside. The save at the end was superb. He even got the break that it didn't rebound to a Falkirk player.

Would tend to agree re. A Durnan appeal. As I've said earlier, the initial contact wasn't a deliberate act on his part IMO, and had the penalty been awarded for that I'd feel hard done by. It's the second bit of contact where Durnan moves his arm as if to stop the ball crossing the line that is the problem and I reckon that's what the lino spotted. If it is, then an appeal would be pointless in my view.

Never heard so much drivel in my life, if someone is running forward and they are pulled back it doesn't make you jump forward. He cheated to make sure he got the penalty, Durnan is guilty of a tug on his arm outside but he lets go before the jump into the box. He is arguing with the linesman not our keeper. Second penalty is extremely hard to disagree with seems to handball it twice.

Loy is turning to run on to the opportunity, If Durnan had let go or didnt even hold him the whole thing would be a null and void, football is a contact game....

Durnan has an initial word with ref then argues with your goalie more than the initial word, the sign of he knew he was guilty, he wouldnt have said very few words to the ref had he felt he was innocent.....thats unless the ref was wearing green....... :rolleyes:

Durnan has let go by this time and Loy is still outside the box.

Thats before the ball had reached him, hold and tug was after that moment....

fkin hell.....unbelievable.......

He's guilty of the foul and as Ive said previously runs the risk, only person to blame is Durnan

having viewed this again through admittedly soberer eyes...the first one was not a penalty it was a foul outside the box...he tugged him once & it was outside the area. The second one is as clear a penalty as you will ever see...he basically scoops it back into play as its crossing the line...this is the kind of offence I would like to see awarded as a "penalty goal" as we are total shite at penalties :P

Loy is turning to run on to the opportunity, If Durnan had let go or didnt even hold him the whole thing would be a null and void, football is a contact game....

Durnan has an initial word with ref then argues with your goalie more than the initial word, the sign of he knew he was guilty, he wouldnt have said very few words to the ref had he felt he was innocent.....thats unless the ref was wearing green....... :rolleyes:

^^^^^^ can't read.

He is looking over at the linesman while shouting definitely not at Atkinson. I have never mentioned arguing with the ref. Read the Falkirk fans review above he has it spot on. It was a foul outside the box which no queens fan is denying.

Thats before the ball had reached him, hold and tug was after that moment....

The hold and tug was before I took the screenshot on my phone, I'm not sure what your arguing about ? Do you honestly even after the slow motion footage think this was a penalty ?

Excellent highlights that clear up all the main talking points of the game. They scored from a penalty they should never have got and missed a penalty that was. I think it was given for the second hand ball offense when he clearly flicks the ball forward. No use in appealing this.

As SD has said Gav does get a flick which is just as well as it looks as though McDonald was going to save it. Great save from Jimbo to get us a well deserved point. :)

Not bad only took me 5hrs to get back in to edit, anyone else had problems with the site today?

Archived