Dundee United v Inverness CT

So that's Connolly firing into Mongoose's missus, mongoose MIA, Invergowrie on Danger duty at Tannadice, Meynard, Khan and myself with 2 tequila-ed strippers each at AK's, AK at Ninewells with his half-cut missus, and a steel-toecapped Romeo on his way up the A90.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Artificial pitch anyone? I am in the minority but I would be all for us getting one (I know artificial pitches can still be susceptible to hard frost at times). I think it would be another revenue stream for the club amongst other things.

Summer football.

:whistle

So that's Connolly firing into Mongoose's missus, mongoose MIA, Invergowrie on Danger duty at Tannadice, Meynard, Khan and myself with 2 tequila-ed strippers each at AK's, AK at Ninewells with his half-cut missus, and a steel-toecapped Romeo on his way up the A90.

Mon tae f**k.

Artificial pitch anyone? I am in the minority but I would be all for us getting one (I know artificial pitches can still be susceptible to hard frost at times). I think it would be another revenue stream for the club amongst other things.

Was thinking about this after the Hamilton game. McNamara wants to try to play a passing game building from the back and one of the supposed benefits of the artificial pitches is when passing the ball on the deck. Wonder if the 2 star champions league surface we are installing at Gussie is with a view to using the same surface at Tannadice.

Did you just copy and paste this from the Dundee Bus Crawl thread?

And I pray you stay in the minority.

I doubt it would even be possible at Tannadice - you need a flat surface for a plastic pitch.

Typical Saturday for me really :lol:

And I pray you stay in the minority.

I doubt it would even be possible at Tannadice - you need a flat surface for a plastic pitch.

God can't help you here.

A good grass surface is achievable but we would have to invest money that the club aren't obviously willing to given that it would be a yearly expenditure. It is my own opinion but I would rather see us play on a good quality artificial surface than the shit pitch we have had for a few years now. Even in the opening couple of weeks this season it was looking poor.

Th quality of artificial surfaces will continue to improve; there may come a time when only 'purists' oppose their use, but we're a fair bit away from that at the moment.

Back to the matter in hand. We obviously have an USH system that's not up to the job. Is it going to be fixed/improved/replaced? I'm still amazed that the game was called off the way the weather has been in the last 24 hours. Aberdeen, Ross County and St Johnstone games all managing to proceed and ours cant.

Given the fact that the decision is not made by the club, I'd say likely not

But the club can say the undersoil heating has been on when it hasn't. It's all a bit dodgy considering the council pitches in Dundee were playable today

United HAVE to claim they did everything that could be done etc, but I've been to Tannadice plenty of times when I've had to clear the ice of my car, and it's been cold as feck for days in the run up.

They managed to play in Perth - was there just an ice snap in Dundee that nobody noticed?

Archived