Mortfermline vs Dunton - Live On OHBC TV

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the guys in hospitality were acting like total twats. Taunting and challenging Pars fans. Totally shat it when some lads tried to take them up on their offer.

Cool story.

Or the real version: Pars fans spend the majority of the game singing wee songs about not being fond of Greenock/weegies. Morton score a couple of goals. Morton fans in hospitality have a wee chuckle at the Pars fans seethe when Peaso and Tam O'Ware give them a good old GIRUY in their celebrations. Pars fans then go on a buckie fueled rampage through the stand to try and pick a fight with the guys in hospitality, assaulting a steward along the way.

Its a shame the police shat it and didn't give them a night in the cells for their trouble. But I suppose sending them back to Fife is equal, if not worse, punishment. :}

I actually didn't think we played that badly last night - certainly much improved from our previous defeat at Cappielow. I was more annoyed about the Stirling Albion game - and we drew that!

Up until the first goal, I didn't think there was much between the teams. Granted, neither keeper had a lot to do but I felt we edged the first half - Moff and especially Geggan should've done better with their chances.

But we didn't take them and Morton totally restricted us after the break and were clinical in their finishing. McAusland should perhaps have been more savvy and fouled halfway in the lead up to the first and while from Morton's POV they were two good goals, it's disappointing to lose them from our attacks.

I'm disappointed with the result and the fact there wasn't much creation of chances second half, but some reactions I'm reading in having a go at the players / performance are remarkable. The players' confidence is shot and you could see that after we lost the opening goal. It's going to be difficult but we need to get of this rut and get ourselves in contention for the play offs. I also think some are getting so irate because they were guilty of underestimating / writing off others in the league because we're full time.

ETA - The facts are though that we've lost three games to Morton, failed so far to beat Forfar and won once v Stranraer. If you don't get results against those teams you won't get anywhere near a title challenge. Simple as that.

Dunfermline will be lucky to finish in the play-offs. I've nothing against them or their fans, however their punishment for years of cheating was pathetic and a few years in League One is deserved. It will be interesting to see what they do next season, whether they go for a sensible approach or whether they stay in character and just blow money on a gamble for the title. I know what one my money would be on.

Eh? Pots and kettles. You are Airdrie United... Were the creditors of the Airdrieonians paid for the name? As for cheating, the man who caused it is now bankrupt, and was the main casualty in our demise. Our fans had no vote/say in the management of the club but we should be punished for the misdemeanours of a tyrannical megalomaniac?

If it has to be part-time then so be it.

First time I've watched us, other than highlights, for about a year and a half now. A few pointers.

• Our team has absolutely zero pace, and until Connor Pepper came on, no urgency either. The players seem to lack drive. Oh to have a Martin Hardie/Allan Jenkins in the middle of the park to boot some arses.
  • Michael Miller in midfield is worse than a man down, I have no idea what Duffy sees in him in there. I think he had about 5 touches of the ball in the entire first half. It's hard to even blame the guy, he isn't picking himself in midfield, but how does our management not see this?
  • Connor Pepper turned that game around when he came on, just by getting in people's faces and showing a bit of desire. It noticably lifted the rest of the players. Suggestions that he's been carrying a knock for a while, hopefully he's over it now and he can get back into the starting 11.
  • Joe McKee is such a half-hearted player, he really looks like he's given up on making anything from his career. Such a lack of motivation and pace in his game, looks a lost cause to me.
  • Peter MacDonald, even at the age of 34, was on another level from the rest of the players on that pitch. He uses the ball intelligently, and his movement was excellent. We need to keep him fit.
  • Mark Russell was excellent from full back, but at times tried to do it all himself. Probably from frustration, given that he is the only player in our team who has the ability to beat a man. He's a real prospect though.
  • I was pretty surprised at the performance of Ricki Lamie, I thought he was fairly solid. Use of the ball is decent too. I still think we could use an old head in there alongside him or O'Ware, in the Stuart McCaffrey mould.

I thought that Dunfermline were pretty decent until we scored our first goal, when the heads went down. They were much better than us in midfield, and passed us off the park at times I felt. They really should have scored one of their 3 excellent first half chances, and if they had, the outcome would most likely have been very different. They are on a shocking run right now though, and the appointment of Potter is looking more and more like a big mistake.

I thought Lamie was all over the place in the first half - losing runners, sending clearances in the wrong direction - but the second half was a massive improvement and both he and O'Ware were solid. Play someone in their natural position and they improve, fancy that.

I thought Lamie was all over the place in the first half - losing runners, sending clearances in the wrong direction - but the second half was a massive improvement and both he and O'Ware were solid. Play someone in their natural position and they improve, fancy that.

Unless they're Joe McKee.

I'm surprised not many have mentioned much about Ross Caldwell. It's been a while since we've had such a powerful and direct forward. Once him and Peaso get more on the same wavelength and he gains more match fitness, I think he's going to be a very important player in the run in.

I'm surprised not many have mentioned much about Ross Caldwell. It's been a while since we've had such a powerful and direct forward. Once him and Peaso get more on the same wavelength and he gains more match fitness, I think he's going to be a very important player in the run in.

Agreed. 2 starts- 2 goals.

Agreed. Shocking that he's not had 3 starts already but was dropped to the bench for the Ayr game, despite a goal on his debut. I don't care how well Stefan played against Stenny - the 2 of them are several classes apart.

Some of the guys in hospitality were acting like total twats. Taunting and challenging Pars fans. Totally shat it when some lads tried to take them up on their offer.

Dunfermlines toughest fighters being prevented from a square go by... two stewards. :lol:

How embarrassing.

The Dunfermline "casuals" were the biggest joke of a mob I've ever seen in Greenock. They're very lucky that their Morton counterparts couldn't even be bothered turning out for them. Approximately 25 of them tried to have a pop at 2 (yes TWO) young Morton boys in the Norseman pre-match yet not one had the balls to throw a punch. I actually got talking to one of them after the game who was pretty sound but by f**k they'd have gone home with a sore face if Morton had taken an interest. I may be mistaken but the last time a group of so called casuals had a pop in Greenock it resulted in 3 Celtic lads being left lying KO'd on the dual carriageway.. Having said all that, If Morton had a 17.30 KO on a Saturday night in Fife we'd be fighting each other, never mind Fifers.

Archived